U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama Supporters, Which Republican Candidate Would You Vote For, If You Were Forced To?
Mitt Romney 11 45.83%
Ron Paul 12 50.00%
Rick Santorum 0 0%
Newt Gingrich 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 03:01 PM

1,946 posts, read 1,538,017 times

Advertisements

Just a curious cat poll.

Scenario - You are strongly supporting Obama, but is forced to vote for one of the Republican candidates at gunpoint. Whom will you choose?

1) You can't say "I Won't Vote". That's not an option. Remember, you have a gun to your head.

2) You can't say "I'll Stay At Home". You are already at the polling booth and have a gun to your head.

So basically, who is the least repulsive of all the Republican candidates to you?

Yes, you have the option to go home after the vote and commit suicide because you had to vote for a Republican candidate.

To keep the integrity of the poll, please, ONLY current Obama supporters should vote! If you are not one, please don't vote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 03:06 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,389,807 times
Romney. He's actually shifty enough that if he got into office, he could secretly be further Left than Obama.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:07 PM

19,868 posts, read 22,722,776 times
I don't mind Romney - he's a moderate (which I like). Don't care for either extreme.

Ken

Old 02-24-2012, 03:23 PM

5,763 posts, read 4,341,479 times
Romney seems to have more potential support among those who intend to vote for another Obama term than he does in his own party. Interesting, that.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:31 PM

10,005 posts, read 8,994,286 times
Gingrich. He would make for the most interesting, and perhaps comical presidency. I also like his style and rhetorical skill. If I have to flush America down the drain I might as well do so with someone interesting.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:34 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,814,476 times
Romney's the closest to Obama, so it's no surprise that he'd have the most votes in here. I suppose an Obama voter could make the case for Ron Paul, being that he would be a lame duck President who would never get anything passed, thus keeping the status quo

Old 02-24-2012, 03:41 PM

35,061 posts, read 19,171,984 times
Lightbulb Obama Supporters, Which Republican Candidate Would You Vote For, If You Were Forced To?

Dwight D Eisenhower.

He wasn't a nutjob.

The four choices offered are analogous to 2 whackadoodles, a "I'll say anything to any audience" panderer, and Gabby Hayes.

Guess which one's Gabby...

Old 02-24-2012, 04:07 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,384,661 times
Interesting poll ... I imagine that most of the people who voted for Obama because of his platform in 08 but who have become disenchanted with him because of his having lied about almost everything that he said he would do on the campaign trail would most likely support Paul because he is the only one who really wants to end the illegal wars and who is really focused on the economy, though they might not agree with him on everything.

While Obama supporters who still support him regardless of his lies and crimes since having been elected would most likely vote for Romney if they were forced to vote republican, because he is the most like the Obama we all now know to be the real Obama and the least like what Obama pretended to be about when running for election.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:04 PM

4,585 posts, read 10,812,452 times
None

Old 02-24-2012, 05:23 PM

8,006 posts, read 4,177,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Interesting poll ... I imagine that most of the people who voted for Obama because of his platform in 08 but who have become disenchanted with him because of his having lied about almost everything that he said he would do on the campaign trail would most likely support Paul because he is the only one who really wants to end the illegal wars and who is really focused on the economy, though they might not agree with him on everything.

While Obama supporters who still support him regardless of his lies and crimes since having been elected would most likely vote for Romney if they were forced to vote republican, because he is the most like the Obama we all now know to be the real Obama and the least like what Obama pretended to be about when running for election.
I don't know if all of that is completely fair. Barack Obama said he'd change everything, but for the most part, he didn't specify what. Dr Paul has been pretty specific on what he would change. Also, many oddball groups voted for Obama. Whites who were feeling white guilt, 99.9% of black America, everyone who was the type to fall for any good sounding "Rah! Rah!" schpeel, everyone who didn't like George W Bush (that's a lot of people!), etc. Most importantly, the mainstream media turned Barack Obama into a rock-star celebrity sensation. It was like that current fashion of wearing your pants pulled halfway down your legs -- it didn't have to make sense, it was just the in style thing.

Ron Paul is hated by the media and hated by the talking heads of both parties, yet there is vastly more substance to his message than Barack Obama ever dreamed of pretending to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or