U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 11:27 PM

50,166 posts, read 26,566,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
All I know is if you voted in the 2008 primaries for Hillary Clinton...you are a racist.
Huh? I voted for Hillary Clinton in the primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 11:38 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,084,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
If its run its course, why do republicans complain about how democrats use the race card today. If something has run its course, you wouldn't worry that somebody uses it. Obama will use it again this year when he runs for election. If he wins it again, you can't make the arguement that using the race card has run its course.
The only time that I read about Republicans complaining about the 'race' card is when .. Democrats are bringing it up!

I myself am not worried about it!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:38 PM

50,166 posts, read 26,566,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It has nothing to do with it being hard, its humorous because you think people are always talking about you. White people don't hold secret weekly meetings to discuss black folks, we just want you to fix your own damn problems and stop blaming us all the time.
No, you don't hold secret meetings to discuss blacks folks. You do it on Internet forums like C-D.

Anyway....i don't give a damn about the "race card" so to speak. Goes in one ear and out the other. If you have a legitimate complaint, then make it. Doesn't bother me a bit. I tend to own up to my screw ups anyway without being told to do so.

But if you're just engaging in slick talking or actions trying to do or say anti-black things with the intent of playing games or thinking that you're being clever, expect to get called on it. Me personally, i'mma come see ya seeking an explanation. And if you behave in an outright racist manner towards me, you should expect me to play the race card just like you should do if i do the same thing. It's a goose/gander thing with me. Fair is fair. But there is no way in hell i'm about to let it slide just because you wanna make accusations of race card playing. That's not going to stop a confrontation. Not at all.

That said, folks should be careful that they don't make unfair accusations against people for just speaking the truth about someone or some situation. In that case, you just look like a fool and a whiner.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
As a black man, i'm going to give you white folks (especially you republicans) some free advice. If you don't like the race card, here is an easy solution to fight it, quit giving us a reason to use it.

Now I know you guys will come on here and try to defend each one of these articles ..
As a 'black' man who is actually the Good Looking Mulatto (Obama being the other one ), I always like to 'balance' out the free advice given by the 'other' black man!

So-o-o .. You Democrats, especially you 'black' ones .. pay attention!
(I WILL be passing out grades at the end of the course)

A little historical quiz:

Question #1. During whose administration did the signature of an African-American first appear on U.S. currency? During that of a Republican or a Democrat President?

Question #2. Was the first African-American diplomat appointed by a Republican or a Democrat President?

Question #3. Was the first African-American popularly elected U.S. Senator a Republican or a Democrat?

Question #4. During the late 1950’s, William Monroe “Willie” Rainach, Sr., a Louisiana state legislator, led the “Massive Resistance” to desegregation in his state. Was Willie a Republican, or a Democrat?

Question #5. In 1957, nine African-American students attempted to enroll in Little Rock’s Central High School. When they were barred entry by Arkansas Governor Orval Faubus, the President of the United States ordered federal troops to the school to assure their access to an education. Was Faubus a Republican, or a Democrat? Was that President a Republican or a Democrat?

Question #6. In September 1962, U.S. Air Force veteran James H. Meredith enrolled as the first African-American student at the University of Mississippi. Governor Ross Barnett strongly opposed his entry into the school. Was Barnett a Democrat or a Republican?

Question #7. In 1965, the nation’s eyes were focused on the Selma Voting Rights Movement and three Selma-to-Montgomery marches. Marchers were opposed by the White Citizens’ Council and the Ku Klux Klan. On “Bloody Sunday,” March 7, 1965, about 600 civil rights marchers left Selma and walked east. At the Edmund Pettus Bridge they were confronted and attacked by state troopers and sheriff’s deputies. During this time, Theophilus Eugene “Bull” Connor, Alabama Public Safety Commissioner, became infamous for his brutal tactics against Civil Rights activists. Was “Bull” a Republican or a Democrat?

Question #8. A sitting U.S. Senator once held the position of Exalted Cyclops in the Klu Klux Klan. Although he never served in the Armed Forces, he once wrote, “I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side.” Of which party is he a member? Republican or Democrat?

Question #9: In the U.S. Senate’s passage of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964, which political party had the highest percentage of its Senators vote for the Act? Republicans or Democrats?

Question #10. Was the first female African-American Cabinet member appointed by a Republican or a Democrat President? (Trick question.)

Question #11. When you compare the makeup of the Cabinet members who served under Democrat President Jimmy Carter with the Cabinet members appointed by Republican President George W. Bush, which President appointed the highest percentage of African-Americans to his Cabinet?

Question #12. Was the first African-American popularly elected Governor a Republican, or a Democrat?

Question #13. When was the race barrier broken with regard to the position of Secretary of State of the United States? Under a Republican or Democratic administration?

Question #14. When was the race barrier broken with regard to the position of Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the United States Armed Forces? During a Republican or Democrat President’s administration?

Question #15. When the first African-American member of the U.S. Armed Forces engaged in action for which he was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, was the President at the time a Democrat or a Republican?

The answers follow. Grade your own papers..

Answer #1. In 1881, Republican President James A. Garfield appointed Blanche Bruce as Register of the Treasurer, making him the first African-American whose signature appeared on U.S. paper currency. In 1880, at the Republican National Convention in Chicago, when he received 8 votes for nomination as the party’s vice presidential candidate, Bruce became the first African-American to win any votes at a major party’s nominating convention.

Answer #2. In 1869, Republican President U.S. Grant appointed Ebenezer D. Bassett (1833–1908) as the first African- American ambassador representing the United States. He was Ambassador to Haiti.

Answer #3. In 1966, Edward Brooke was the first African-American elected by popular vote to the U.S. Senate. He was a Republican Senator from Massachusetts.

Answer #4. “Willie” Rainach was a Democrat.

Answer #5. Orval Faubus was a Democrat. President Dwight D. Eisenhower was a Republican.

Answer #6. Ross Barnett was a Democrat.

Answer #7. “Bull” Connor was a Democrat.

Answer #8. Robert Byrd, Democrat Senator from West Virginia, is the longest serving Senator in U.S. history. Once upon a time he wore the white sheet and hood, but has since repented.

Answer #9. 82% of the Republican Senators voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, while 69% of the Democrat Senators voted “Yes.”

Answer #10. Patricia Roberts Harris, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and then Secretary of Education, was appointed to Democrat President Carter’s Cabinet.

Answer #11. Just 1 of the 21 persons Carter chose for his Cabinet, Patricia Harris, was an African-American, or 4.7% of his appointees. Of the 33 persons appointed by Bush to his Cabinet, 4 were African-Americans, or 12.1%. Bush’s cabinet also included several other persons of color.

Answer #12. Democrat Lawrence Douglas Wilder was the first African-American popularly elected as governor of a U.S. state. Wilder served as the 66th Governor of Virginia from 1990 to 1994. (Fair is fair.)

Answer #13. During the Republican administration of George W. Bush, Colin Powell became the first African-American Secretary of State. He was followed by Dr. Condoleezza Rice, also appointed by Bush, who was the first female African-American Secretary of State.

Answer #14. Republican President George H. W. Bush appointed General Colin Powell as Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1991. Earlier, Republican President Ronald Reagan appointed Powell as his National Security Advisor.

Answer #15. Sergeant William Harvey Carney (1840-1908) of the 54th Massachusetts Colored Infantry received the Medal of Honor for his actions during the Civil War Battle of Fort Wagner on July 18, 1863. The action of the 54th that day was depicted in the movie Glory. The citation for his medal read,

When the color sergeant was shot down, this soldier grasped the flag, led the way to the parapet, and planted the colors thereon. When the troops fell back he brought off the flag, under a fierce fire in which he was twice severely wounded.

The President was a Republican named Abraham Lincoln.

http://tommydavis.wordpress.com/2010...for-democrats/

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-27-2012 at 11:56 AM..

Old 02-25-2012, 12:07 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,864,773 times
Well in my opinion only, who in the hell am i someone who does pay attention carefully and closely.

Both partys use and play the race card, and play it up! i hate the fact that politicians have to play the race card, makes me sick.
If anything people in general are tired of those who bring up the dang race card, every dang day on this forum. And Obama has allso played the race card, for gosh sakes since you want to go there, even my black friends say he does.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:07 AM

11,535 posts, read 8,768,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And Obama has allso played the race card, for gosh sakes since you want to go there, even my black friends say he does.
"Some of my best friends are Black."

Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Some of my best friends are Black.
Some of MY best friends are White 'Republicans'!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:12 AM

11,535 posts, read 8,768,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Some of MY best friends are White 'Republicans'!
Some or all.

Oh snap!!!!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:16 AM

3,421 posts, read 2,586,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
The only time that I read about Republicans complaining about the 'race' card is when .. Democrats are bringing it up!

I myself am not worried about it!
Good for you, you aren't worried about the race card. Here is the thing, it hasn't run its course. It was used 4 years ago and it will be used again. Democrats use it all the time. I'm just letting you know, if you don't want to see it being used, quit giving us a reason to use it.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
.. it will be used again.
If it gives you and the Dimmies a sense of 'empowerment' and allows you some 'sense' of self-worth .. Be my guest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections