U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 01:33 PM

9,958 posts, read 7,602,266 times

Advertisements

So now it's come out that this was a private, invite only event and nobody ever had the intention of filling a football stadium but some left wing retard managed to take a shot or 2 and it's being used by every ******* around to compare to shots of Obama's 2008 public campaign events which were filled with Obama sack riders fawning over fake hope and change?

Oh how things change when the truth comes out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 01:37 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,867,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What you say have posted is quite true, however as LordBalfor points out it was an idiotic decision because even the conservative media decided to focus on the ridiculous venue rather than his speech as any advance team should have known. It is better to have a standing room audience with people trying to get rather than a picture of what looks like practice for a half-time show.

Do we still have conservative media in this country? What would that be, because I am not sure it exists anymore in reality. I see the point about having an event at a venue too large, but it was not the Romney team who did it. They were not running this event and it was not free to the public. A limited number of tckets were sold for it. Even Mitt Romney joked about the size of the venue when he started his speech. He recognized the issue right off. I question why his staff wouldn't have before they agreed to it also. Not sure, but there might have been more to it.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:46 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,258,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Do we still have conservative media in this country? What would that be, because I am not sure it exists anymore in reality. I see the point about having an event at a venue too large, but it was not the Romney team who did it. They were not running this event and it was not free to the public. A limited number of tckets were sold for it. Even Mitt Romney joked about the size of the venue when he started his speech. He recognized the issue right off. I question why his staff wouldn't have before they agreed to it also. Not sure, but there might have been more to it.
It's really sad. As I said, I geniunely like Romney, but his blunders (quote;that cadillac line was pretty bad for romney.) have seriously harmed his perception image. I think he works so hard to sell himself...and tries to be honest about his 'money' .... it has caused blunders like his needless, harmful ''cadillac'' line.

I KNOW THIS...you can just talk TOO much.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:07 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,258,737 times
Someone please tell me there is no truth to rumor about Romney choosing Ron Paul as veep running mate?

That would END Romney for sure.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:47 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,867,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Someone please tell me there is no truth to rumor about Romney choosing Ron Paul as veep running mate?

There is not truth to it at all. This sort of rumor is being spread by his opponents...namely Santorum and Gingrich. They don't seem to understand that the two men can like each other and still not agree on every political position.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:34 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,640,802 times
Quote:

No but Rand Paul is likely on the short list.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:36 AM

9,038 posts, read 14,332,895 times
Quote:

There is NO TRUTH to it. Paul would NEVER SELL OUT. He said so himself to Larry Kudlow on CNN the other day and I think I posted it in another thread.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:45 AM

8,487 posts, read 5,908,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
There is not truth to it at all. This sort of rumor is being spread by his opponents...namely Santorum and Gingrich. They don't seem to understand that the two men can like each other and still not agree on every political position.
Doesn't seem to hurt the Obama campaign either.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:12 AM

16,812 posts, read 9,130,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
There is NO TRUTH to it. Paul would NEVER SELL OUT. He said so himself to Larry Kudlow on CNN the other day and I think I posted it in another thread.
I'd bet that he does get a position offered to him by Romney though...even if it is something like ambassador.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:28 PM

6,722 posts, read 4,434,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I'd bet that he does get a position offered to him by Romney though...even if it is something like ambassador.
I bet he doesn't. Easy bet because the only way mittens will see the inside of the WH is as a visitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or