Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:41 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqpsychlist View Post
Jan Brewer may be good for the xenophobic crowd but will more than likely put off a big chunk of the hispanic voters, which is probably a larger group, so this is probably more detrimental to the campaign more than anything.

Also, Romney supporters are not representing well in a Presidential Poll set up a couple days ago, so if the opinion of C-D members reflects the US population as a whole then it's gonna be real tough for anyone who's not Ron Paul to beat Obama.

CD member definitely do NOT represent the population as a whole...lol. Unless, Newt has already got his moon colony set up. They tend to be a little ...out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 01:43 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
LOL

Was that what she was doing when she was wagging her finger in President Obama's face? Waving "bye bye?"

I doubt Brewer's endorsement will affect Mittens' loser status one way or the other.

Yep, that's right ....bye bye was what she was saying...lol.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:47 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Hey don't feel bad. Billy Bob the one-toothed trailer park hobo endorsed your guy. 8-)
I don't support Gingrich, bro.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:50 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Yep, that's right ....bye bye was what she was saying...lol.
Nah....she was probably saying something more along the lines of "Look at me, teabaggers! I'm disrespecting the black President of the United States! I'm a racist moron - just like you! P.S. Buy my book!"

Old 02-26-2012, 01:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Brewer endorses Romney on 'Meet the Press'

Romney continues to pick up endorsements.
yes and does Newt. I think Romney will carry AZ, with or without the latest endorsement. I think it is also important for people to realize endorsement mean almost nothing, in fact they probably mean absoulutely nothing. How many times have you voted for someone because of an endorsement or not voted for someone because of the lack of the same? Do you have friends that vote for candidates based on endorsements? They do give bragging rights, that might be worth something.

Nita

Old 02-26-2012, 02:02 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Nah....she was probably saying something more along the lines of "Look at me, teabaggers! I'm disrespecting the black President of the United States! I'm a racist moron - just like you! P.S. Buy my book!"
I knew Jan Brewer back when she was a county supervisor. I was involved with her and her staff at the time in several projects. She is not a racist moron. She is pretty much a mainstream pro-business Republican, probably a lot like Mitt Romney. She became Gov when Janet Napolitano joined Obama's cabinet and rode the wave of anti-illegal sentiment in AZ to being elected in 2010. She may be out of her depth as a state governor, but she is not a bigot and she is not a tea bagger.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:04 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,456 times
Obama's poll numbers with hispanic voters just went up.
I hope mittens knows that hispanics are the fastest growing group
in three critical swing states.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:04 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I knew Jan Brewer back when she was a county supervisor. I was involved with her and her staff at the time in several projects. She is not a racist moron. She is pretty much a mainstream pro-business Republican, probably a lot like Mitt Romney. She became Gov when Janet Napolitano joined Obama's cabinet and rode the wave of anti-illegal sentiment in AZ to being elected in 2010. She may be out of her depth as a state governor, but she is not a bigot and she is not a tea bagger.
Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that incident would have happened if that had been a white POTUS standing there on the tarmac.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that incident would have happened if that had been a white POTUS standing there on the tarmac.
Nope, you have her wrong. She's lacks polish and decorum. She was just being rude and disrespectful of the office, not racist.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
Obama's poll numbers with hispanic voters just went up.
I hope mittens knows that hispanics are the fastest growing group
in three critical swing states.
what 3 swing states are you referring to may I ask. ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections