U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:45 AM

10,783 posts, read 11,846,102 times

Advertisements

Looks like Willard is at it again trying to pander to the "little people" but his elitism continues to shine through. At a recent nascar event speaking to voters, Willard attempts to appeal to them by stating that his friends own nascar teams

Romney appeals to racing fans: My friends own NASCAR teams | The Raw Story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 11:51 AM

8,758 posts, read 8,861,884 times
That is sort of a reach and ridiculous. I even have friends who own a Nascar team. So what?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM

29,347 posts, read 39,748,020 times
I think this one is even worse than the "Cadillacs" the other day. The one in Detroit was an audience of the well heeled. This time he jets down to Daytona and sets up a photo op with the little people and then reminds everyone that he is not one of them. He is turning into a one man circus act. I did not think it earlier, but I am increasingly convinced we may see an Obama landslide in November.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:09 PM

10,783 posts, read 11,846,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think this one is even worse than the "Cadillacs" the other day. The one in Detroit was an audience of the well heeled. This time he jets down to Daytona and sets up a photo op with the little people and then reminds everyone that he is not one of them. He is turning into a one man circus act. I did not think it earlier, but I am increasingly convinced we may see an Obama landslide in November.
I agree, Willard just can't connect with average people and his elitism shines through over and over. If anything, Obama is very good at connecting with the average american. Regardless of whom the GOP candidate is going to be, it's looking very good for Obama.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 PM

9,958 posts, read 7,594,303 times
How much longer will the liberal retards on CD go out of their way to remind people that Romney is rich and successful?

He's got money, he's got wealthy friends, he's a tough businessman... we got it.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:12 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,608,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
How much longer will the liberal retards on CD go out of their way to remind people that Romney is rich and successful?

He's got money, he's got wealthy friends, he's a tough businessman... we got it.
Oh right, Mitt Romney, the completely self-made man...like having daddy's connections had nothing to do with it.

Republitard 'tardness knows no bounds...

Old 02-27-2012, 12:12 PM

9,958 posts, read 7,594,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree, Willard just can't connect with average people and his elitism shines through over and over. If anything, Obama is very good at connecting with the average american. Regardless of whom the GOP candidate is going to be, it's looking very good for Obama.
How? By singing a few lines to a well known song... after grabbing a microphone from Mick Jagger and singing with BB King while Buddy Guy played guitar? Yeah, he's definitely an average American kind of guy.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:13 PM

25,630 posts, read 30,423,396 times
I sponsored a Nascar Team for a few years. Granted it was a third tier team that raced regionally and I only had a little sticker on the B-pillar. But hey I was a sponsor.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:16 PM

448 posts, read 616,063 times
Quote:
Looks like Willard is at it again trying to pander to the "little people" but his elitism continues to shine through. At a recent nascar event speaking to voters, Willard attempts to appeal to them by stating that his friends own nascar teams

Romney appeals to racing fans: My friends own NASCAR teams | The Raw Story

Just another example of crash and burn from Team Romney -- Good Job Mittens, I don't think there has ever been a single candidate more out of touch with voters than Romney.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:16 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,608,124 times
Quote:
You gotta love Mitt. Wonder what he'll say next:

"Hello, Detroit! I love GM. Hell, I love cars. In fact my dad used to drive us around in his Rolls Royce, and I'll never forget my first car, a Mercedes Benz!"

Oh well, I'll take that over Gingrich practically masturbating to statues of Julius Caesar and Santorum's occasional Fred Phelps impersonations. I'm seriously waiting for Santorum's campaign slogan to be "Rick Hates F@gs" or something like that. Ought to be quite the circus, er, convention in August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or