Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:36 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Saintorum campaign spokesman confirms robo calls to Dems asking for them to go vote for the Saint. These guys are so funny.

Santorum Robocall Asks Michigan Dems To Vote For Him (AUDIO) | TPM2012
Stuff like this makes me wonder why Democrats even bother. Santorum's doing all their work for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 04:39 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama will likely win no matter who is nominated. The focus has to be on preserving the Republican majority in the House, the governorships, and other down ticket stuff. The Republicans could loose the farm with Romney if he can't get people out to vote.
Santorum would do more to damage downticket races. Those same independents aren't just voting for president. Getting the base out isn't the problem.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Santorum could energize the base much more easily than Romney
Santorum would also energize Obama's base, which right now isn't really all that energized.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'm starting to think so. I wouldn't be surprised if Santorum won by 5 or more.
Santorum is making robo calls calling on democrats to get out and vote.

That is not something a true conservative would ever do.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:14 PM

26,492 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Dems should be careful what they wish for. Neither Santorum nor Romney have what it takes to beat a likable incumbent, but Santorum would draw the righties out of the woodwork in November and save a lot of tea party representatives and maybe even add one here and there. Not to mention that every bigotry-driven referendum the Reps can think of will pass with the larger conservative vote.
Democrats will come out and vote. I know quite a few planning on voting for Santorum (to make Obama's re-election easier). But, it sill still be mostly Republicans and Independent...and I am sure that not all Democrats will vote for Santorum either.

You make a really good point....if the economy dives...Obama is vulnerable to anyone. Democrats may be voting for Santorum...but they could get him in November...remember the economy isn't completely in Obama's hands.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:17 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Democrats will come out and vote. I know quite a few planning on voting for Santorum (to make Obama's re-election easier). But, it sill still be mostly Republicans and Independent...and I am sure that not all Democrats will vote for Santorum either.

You make a really good point....if the economy dives...Obama is vulnerable to anyone. Democrats may be voting for Santorum...but they could get him in November...remember the economy isn't completely in Obama's hands.
Yeah, that is one I hadn't considered.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Santorum is making robo calls calling on democrats to get out and vote.

That is not something a true conservative would ever do.
Huh? Seems to me that's pretty much exactly what a true conservative would do.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Right now, Santorum is neck and neck with obama in the polls.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:29 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right now, Santorum is neck and neck with obama in the polls.
Obama +5.8 over Santorum is neck and neck?

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Santorum vs. Obama

Old 02-27-2012, 05:37 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Your not counting his ancestral base descendants.

Asexual worms could hold key to immortality - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections