U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-29-2012, 09:23 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,849,950 times
Reputation: 1429

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Yeah, record numbers. Like the 1.25 million who voted in 2000.


I am not sure if you are able to understand but that is almost 1 million voters, which is the highest number in turnout since 12 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-29-2012, 09:24 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,849,950 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Thanks, I had not seen that. With that said I would be very skeptical of that poll's probative value. While it doesn't surprise me that Romney is in third the fact that only 52.4% of people identified a candidate makes me question it.


Which just shows how volatile that election really is. Nothing is set in stone there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 PM
 
3,271 posts, read 2,630,119 times
Reputation: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I am not sure if you are able to understand but that is almost 1 million voters, which is the highest number in turnout since 12 years ago.
And yet once again, you can't respond to anyone pointing out your errors in any way but with a snide, childish attitude. In what way is 900k votes a "record" when a higher number of votes had been recorded 2 contested primaries ago?

Your attempt at moving goalposts to "win" whatever imaginary argument you seem to be having with the outside world would be laughable if your every attempt at expressing your undying love for a man who you've never met and has absolutely zero concern for you personally wasn't so pathetic and petty.

And which worn-out riposte will you come back with? The middle school crack you've made several times already? It's past your bedtime? Why do you bother, dixiegirl7? Displaying your mental illness for a handful of losers on the internet won't make Romney love you any more than he already doesn't. He has more important things to do than read some stupid message board to find random strangers riding his jock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 PM
 
Location: NC
10,005 posts, read 9,002,646 times
Reputation: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Which just shows how volatile that election really is. Nothing is set in stone there.
I am not familiar with that polling company, but usually good polling companies get almost everyone to commit to supporting someone, and have very low don't know/other % with one candidate getting close to or exceeding the 30% mark. That is why I am skeptical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Fargo, ND
1,034 posts, read 1,092,561 times
Reputation: 325
Some more good news for Mitt from PPP.....

Quote:
Romney with a small lead on first night of our Washington poll. Represents big change from 2 weeks ago, reflecting national shift
Twitter

Quote:
Santorum with a very modest lead over Romney on 1st night of NC poll, good sign for Mitt if he's competitive here
Twitter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Chicago Area
8,006 posts, read 4,182,708 times
Reputation: 3017
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Washington - 43 electoral votes - Only polling data is a week and a half old and had Santorum leading, but Santorum was leading in Michigan by 10% at that same point in time so ... Whoever wins Washington will add a bit of momentum to the Super Tuesday run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
The difference with Washington is that Romney doesn't have a lot of time. Romney has constantly gotten the advantage by outspending his opponents and running endless negative ads over a period of a week or more. He may not have the time or depth to do this in both Washington and in Super Tuesday states.
The reason Washington is up for grabs right now is because Santorum tanking over the one week period was not an isolated event in just Michigan. The whole nation saw and heard his bizarre statements about separation of church and state, college education being the stuff of snobbery, birth control weirdness, etc. The whole nation saw Santorum plummet and lose a state he had a commanding lead in. So odds are it impacts Washington significantly. What I find frustrating: The major polling organizations have completely ignored Washington. I have no idea where those folks are at right now. Nobody does.

It's all speculation really. I like Romney only slightly better than Santorum and neither man is Ron Paul. But Ron Paul failed to launch this year -- once again it has a lot to do with sabotage by the mainstream GOP and mainstream media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 10:09 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,849,950 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
And yet once again, you can't respond to anyone pointing out your errors in any way but with a snide, childish attitude. In what way is 900k votes a "record" when a higher number of votes had been recorded 2 contested primaries ago?

Your attempt at moving goalposts to "win" whatever imaginary argument you seem to be having with the outside world would be laughable if your every attempt at expressing your undying love for a man who you've never met and has absolutely zero concern for you personally wasn't so pathetic and petty.

And which worn-out riposte will you come back with? The middle school crack you've made several times already? It's past your bedtime? Why do you bother, dixiegirl7? Displaying your mental illness for a handful of losers on the internet won't make Romney love you any more than he already doesn't. He has more important things to do than read some stupid message board to find random strangers riding his jock.

I think you just displayed who has mental health problems. I am more than willing to take your insipid comments and remarks when pointing out that your are posting complete garbage.

You are a great example of why so many people absolutely abhor liberals and their resulting behavior. Fortunately, I know some of you do not represent all and try to be tolerant and overlook it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,849,950 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Gingrich win Alabama, Georgia, and Alaska.

I defintely think he will take GA. They say he is losing steam in AL and I don't know much about Alaska, except he has Palin and her husband touting him and I guess that will help him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 10:19 PM
 
Location: NC
10,005 posts, read 9,002,646 times
Reputation: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The reason Washington is up for grabs right now is because Santorum tanking over the one week period was not an isolated event in just Michigan. The whole nation saw and heard his bizarre statements about separation of church and state, college education being the stuff of snobbery, birth control weirdness, etc. The whole nation saw Santorum plummet and lose a state he had a commanding lead in. So odds are it impacts Washington significantly. What I find frustrating: The major polling organizations have completely ignored Washington. I have no idea where those folks are at right now. Nobody does.

It's all speculation really. I like Romney only slightly better than Santorum and neither man is Ron Paul. But Ron Paul failed to launch this year -- once again it has a lot to do with sabotage by the mainstream GOP and mainstream media.
I disagree. If Santorum is tanking it is not clear from the polls that are out there. With the exception of Michigan where Romney outspent Santorum 4-1 mostly on negative ads. Santorum seems to have been holding up well. He has improved his standing in Georgia, and Oklahoma, and while he is down slightly in Ohio he still has a commanding lead there. Other then places where Romney can/has carpet bombed negative ads Santorum doesn't seem to be hurting all that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,539,403 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomstudent View Post
i disagree. If santorum is tanking it is not clear from the polls that are out there. With the exception of michigan where romney outspent santorum 4-1 mostly on negative ads. Santorum seems to have been holding up well. He has improved his standing in georgia, and oklahoma, and while he is down slightly in ohio he still has a commanding lead there. Other then places where romney can/has carpet bombed negative ads santorum doesn't seem to be hurting all that much.
2-1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:54 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top