Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 12:39 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,112,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
It's better than using outdated polls from GA, OH and OK.

Yes, it is. That looks like it's moving in a good direction. I will be curious to see more this week taken after the results in MI and AZ..now WY which really isn't getting any media attention at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 12:43 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Ah, ok. I was trying to figure out why people seemed to think Gingrich would do well there. That makes sense. I still see it as more of a Romney/Paul contest. I honestly don't think most Alaskans are politically similar to Sarah Palin. She's not as popular there as she used to be, and from what I understand from a liberal friend who lives in Alaska (who voted for Palin for governor, btw), the Sarah that we've come to know over the past 4 years is not the same person that governed Alaska.

I heard she is not all that well liked in Alaska anymore, but I don't really know. That is the only reason I can see that Gingrich has a leg up there or that people think he does. Palin has shushed up for a few days now after her big..."I would be willing to be coronated at the convention" plea...lol. I would shut up for a while too after that desperate move.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,237,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I find it frustrating that we are not getting any polling data about any but a set list of states. Why is Washington not worthy of a major polling entity polling them? We're going into the Washington pretty much blind and we're also blind on what's going on in most of Super Tuesday. Only Georgia and Massachusetts are certain at this point.
PPP should have a new Washington poll out by tomorrow night.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:08 AM

26,114 posts, read 14,759,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
the 26th, 21st and 23rd are hardly all that out dated.
It is outdated.

They teach students in Poli Sci 101 that overnight is a lifetime in politics.

A lot of Republicans are fed up with the process and fed up with Santorum. Romney's hat trick of Arizona, Michigan and Wyoming will change a few minds....maybe not enough but he has momentum.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:01 AM

53 posts, read 33,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Whether it's Romney or Santorum, the failed moron currently in the Oval Office is DONE.
Put down the crack pipe and go out and get some fresh air

Mr. Wall Street is gunna get BURIED in Nov...

Old 03-01-2012, 08:13 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,346,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It is outdated.

They teach students in Poli Sci 101 that overnight is a lifetime in politics.

A lot of Republicans are fed up with the process and fed up with Santorum. Romney's hat trick of Arizona, Michigan and Wyoming will change a few minds....maybe not enough but he has momentum.
No actually they don't. That is just stupid.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:24 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,081,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
No actually they don't. That is just stupid.
You don't think there could be a substantial shift in polls over the past 5 days?

Old 03-01-2012, 08:27 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,346,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
You don't think there could be a substantial shift in polls over the past 5 days?
There could definitely be a shift, but when I look at polls if possible I try to look at them in aggregate for several weeks. This is because of stuff like early voting, the level of dedication needed for caucuses (which is why so few polls exist for Washington State), outliers and the fact that most gaffes only last a day or two. To argue that just because a poll is from 5 days ago its meaningless, or somehow everything can suddenly change overnight (especially when arguing it about your favored candidate) is poppycock save for really memorable historical events like the RFK assassination.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,901,747 times
wyoming doesnt count. its a glorified straw poll like maine and missouri were.

we'll get a better idea after super tuesday. romney is picking up momentum, but he is his own worst enemy.

it also doesnt help that nobody wants him to win the nomination.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:04 AM

308 posts, read 515,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
wyoming doesnt count. its a glorified straw poll like maine and missouri were.

we'll get a better idea after super tuesday. romney is picking up momentum, but he is his own worst enemy.

it also doesnt help that nobody wants him to win the nomination.
he had momentum after Florida and Nevada and surprisingly lost the next three States. He won't sweep Super Tuesday or even come close to sweeping it and he will lose his momentum again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections