U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 02:48 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,279,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Reported please read the TOS.
Thank you - I hope the moderator deletes all the posts in which you have been intentionally misrepresenting what is stated in the article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 04:32 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,837,408 times
Quote:
Uh, that is my entire point. Thanks for making it for me.

Basically I am saying 2 things.

A. They decided to depart from the memo after the election to favor Romney
B. They are horribly incompetent for waiting over 20 days, and until after the election to fix a rather material provision in a memo that candidates relied upon.

Neither speaks well of the GOP's ability to run a clean election.

NO, The memo did not state the rules as they were set in February. That is the part you are intentionally misrepresenting.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:14 PM

10,005 posts, read 8,987,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
NO, The memo did not state the rules as they were set in February. That is the part you are intentionally misrepresenting.
Ok. I this is the last time I am going to say this and it is in no way a misrepresentation.

One of two scenarios occurred here.

A. The GOP decided not to follow the memo after the election to aid Mitt Romney

B. The GOP sent out an incorrect memo which misstated important materially incorrect information and through their incompetance failed to correct it until after the election when more then 20 days time had lapsed.

I know you and Trace have an irrational love affair with Mitt, but your article, lays this out. Even Romney backer Mr. Cox has stated that what they did doesn't pass the smell test. The fact is you and Trace are the ones misrepresenting this and Trace's despicable comments about my family have earned him the honor of being the only active poster on my ignore list.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 03-02-2012 at 05:25 PM..

Old 03-02-2012, 05:57 PM

29,280 posts, read 39,556,493 times
I've lost count of how many of these contests the bigwigs have tinkered with to make Romney look better. Let 'em vote, Mr. Rove!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I've lost count of how many of these contests the bigwigs have tinkered with to make Romney look better. Let 'em vote, Mr. Rove!

Iowa was outright stolen and it was not to make Romney look better. There are 8 precincts that they still haven't found and they favored Romney more than likely. I don't even see how they legally certified it with this issue not resolved.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Ok. I this is the last time I am going to say this and it is in no way a misrepresentation.

One of two scenarios occurred here.

A. The GOP decided not to follow the memo after the election to aid Mitt Romney

B. The GOP sent out an incorrect memo which misstated important materially incorrect information and through their incompetance failed to correct it until after the election when more then 20 days time had lapsed.

I know you and Trace have an irrational love affair with Mitt, but your article, lays this out. Even Romney backer Mr. Cox has stated that what they did doesn't pass the smell test. The fact is you and Trace are the ones misrepresenting this and Trace's despicable comments about my family have earned him the honor of being the only active poster on my ignore list.

Why do you and those of your sort have to always try to belittle someone you disagree with by inferring silly, childish things about them? We all have candidates or ideologies we support. I could say you irrationally love Obama also, but I have no reason to know that.

To the point of contention here, choice b would be correct. A memo with incorrect information was sent out about the rules concering the at-large delegates. Do you realize that a memo or email does not change the actual rules that were voted on and decided in February? Why would you think it would?

Old 03-02-2012, 08:05 PM

10,005 posts, read 8,987,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Why do you and those of your sort have to always try to belittle someone you disagree with by inferring silly, childish things about them? We all have candidates or ideologies we support. I could say you irrationally love Obama also, but I have no reason to know that.

To the point of contention here, choice b would be correct. A memo with incorrect information was sent out about the rules concering the at-large delegates. Do you realize that a memo or email does not change the actual rules that were voted on and decided in February? Why would you think it would?
Well when people accuse me of being a liar don't expect me to take it lying down. I will most certainly call a spade a spade and quite frankly your repeated posts about every famous person that endorses Romney and Trace's irrational one liners that have no basis in reality suggest to me that an irrational attachment exists between y'all and the Romney campaign.

With that said.

Let me put it this way a panel made up of entirely Romney supporters voted to give Romney an extra delegate. That same wider group, the Michigan GOP, issued a memo to the GOP candidates explicity laying out what the state rules were.

Furthermore the Michigan GOP was in the best position to prevent the error from occurring, or at least remedy it in a timely manner by disclosing the error to the campaigns and did nothing to that effect until they could see who had in fact won the election.

Then given the choice between the two options of standing by the information they had provided to the candidates, or amending that information after the fact to more accurately reflect their "understanding" of the rules they did the latter. That is why even in a committee full of Romney supporters this measure was not unanimous.

And that is a small part of why I view the GOP as incompetent to run elections.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Well when people accuse me of being a liar don't expect me to take it lying down. I will most certainly call a spade a spade and quite frankly your repeated posts about every famous person that endorses Romney and Trace's irrational one liners that have no basis in reality suggest to me that an irrational attachment exists between y'all and the Romney campaign.

With that said.

Let me put it this way a panel made up of entirely Romney supporters voted to give Romney an extra delegate. That same wider group, the Michigan GOP, issued a memo to the GOP candidates explicity laying out what the state rules were.

Furthermore the Michigan GOP was in the best position to prevent the error from occurring, or at least remedy it in a timely manner by disclosing the error to the campaigns and did nothing to that effect until they could see who had in fact won the election.

Then given the choice between the two options of standing by the information they had provided to the candidates, or amending that information after the fact to more accurately reflect their "understanding" of the rules they did the latter. That is why even in a committee full of Romney supporters this measure was not unanimous.

And that is a small part of why I view the GOP as incompetent to run elections.

I never said you were a liar, just misinformed. However, after you have had this explained to you repeatedly with an article to back it up that you can read, you still insist on repeating the same incorrect information. I don't get that, but whatever. You seem to have some need to show that you right when you are not.

As far as posting about who endorses Romney, it's news and I will post it whenever it occurs. If you don't like it, don't read it. I don't read half of the assinine stuff that gets posted on here...there is just no point for me.

If Bozo the Clown or Larry the Cable Guy endorses Mitt Romney, I will post that also. Now that I see it irritates you all, I be sure to bring you all of the current Mitt news. I don't post half of it actually, but now I will be sure to.

You have a good evening now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections