Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: POLL: If It Came Down To Hillary Clinton or Fred Thompson, Who Would You Vote For?
Fred Thompson 80 47.62%
Hillary Clinton 60 35.71%
Mike Bloomberg Independent 8 4.76%
I Will Not Vote If It Came Down To Them 19 11.31%
I'm NOT Sure 1 0.60%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:53 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times

Advertisements

Here is the same poll in Delphi forums.

If It Came Down To Hillary Clinton or Fred Thompson, Who Would You Vote For? http://forums.delphiforums.com/surve...s/?msg=18476.1

Hillary Clinton
62 votes (21%)
Fred Thompson
218 votes (73%)
Not Sure
8 votes (3%)
I would NOT vote
12 votes (4%)

300 people have voted so far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 04:29 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I would by far vote for Hillary Clinton. It would be no contest with me. I want to be around for the history in the making as Hillary becomes the first female president with a former president by her side. And if it turns out we don't like such an unusual arrangement at the White House, we can always vote her out in 2012. (But please don't remind me we did that with President Bush, but it didn't work.)

The only way I find that Thompson seems so appealing to some people is because he is on record as favoring a ban on abortion. But I find Thompson to be a very, very ugly faced bore who I wouldn't want to be bored stiff with as president.
Wow, voting for what is effecitively is the leader of the free world based upon it being a "first"? And, voting against a candidate because he is ugly? How shallow is this? I guess a nice cute "first" dolphin candidate would be your ultimate?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:34 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Fred Thompson:"I'm not really a leader, but I played one on TV."

Given the choice of these two, I will write in Ron Paul.
I saw Paul on O'Reilly last night, and, as much as I like his fiscal policies and his respect for and following of the Constitution, he looked bad on Middle East policy. He said that we should get out of Afghanistan even, which, of course would allow the Taliban to regain control and repeat the events of 9/11.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:27 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Fred any day any way. Hillary is a joke. She is already starting her move to the middle and pretending that she is something she is not, just to get elected. Shows how desperate the Democrats are to get back into power. They will do and say anything just to get one of their own elected, especially if they are liberal.

I also like Fred's record during his time in the Senate. Could he be more conservative? Yes. But as I have stated before, we need someone to unite this country and a boob like Hillary would only divide it more.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:05 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,017,296 times
Hillary Clinton is perhaps the smartest and best qualified of all those running for President.

The economic train wreck that is now just beginning will make it very difficult for the conservatives and Thompson to win.

After 30 years of neo conservatism (including 8 under Clinton) As Bob Dylan once said 'The Times are A Changin' The political and economic pendulum is likely to swing to the left for the foreseeable future.

Reasons? Rich have gotten richer, and the vast middle class is suffering from too many economic insecurities-plus an aging population with little saved.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:24 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
Hillary Clinton is perhaps the smartest and best qualified of all those running for President.

The economic train wreck that is now just beginning will make it very difficult for the conservatives and Thompson to win.

After 30 years of neo conservatism (including 8 under Clinton) As Bob Dylan once said 'The Times are A Changin' The political and economic pendulum is likely to swing to the left for the foreseeable future.

Reasons? Rich have gotten richer, and the vast middle class is suffering from too many economic insecurities-plus an aging population with little saved.
The rich have always gotten richer under both republican and democrat control. One reason is it takes money to make money, and this has nothing to do with who is controlling the government. A huge reason the middle class is suffering is because the lack of good jobs due to outsourcing, which Hillary Clinton is big proponent of. Her close relationship with Tata, the huge Indian outsourcing firm that has been responsible for displacing hundred of thousand of American workers, truly shows where she stands on the issue. What does an aging population with little saved have anything to do with who is in the White House? Did anybody point a gun at these folks and told them not to save money?

Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 AM

Hmmm, with the approval rating that the Democratic controlled congress has right now (last I knew it was 7-11%), I doubt you will find many pendulums swinging to the left. Hillary is not qualified for much other than cutting & running and promoting herself as something she is not. Ironically, listening to the radio the other day and poll results were stated that she is ranked least likable of all the Democratic candidates by Democrats. I guess there are some real personality issues that folsk have with her. Again, you have to ask, would she be good for uniting the country? I think the resounding answer is NO!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Hmmm, with the approval rating that the Democratic controlled congress has right now (last I knew it was 7-11%), I doubt you will find many pendulums swinging to the left. Hillary is not qualified for much other than cutting & running and promoting herself as something she is not. Ironically, listening to the radio the other day and poll results were stated that she is ranked least likable of all the Democratic candidates by Democrats. I guess there are some real personality issues that folsk have with her. Again, you have to ask, would she be good for uniting the country? I think the resounding answer is NO!
Congress has a democratic majority, but it is not democratically controlled.

If it WERE dem controlled, they might actually be able to get something done instead of battling the Republicans. So I'm sorry, you can't hang the approval rating on the dems alone. The R's are just as much responsible if not more so.

~T

Old 09-11-2007, 08:55 AM

Democrats can have control if they so wish as they are in the majority. Maybe if they stuck to their promise of "working with the Republicans", then there wouldn't be this mess. But their idea of working with the Republicans is just to get the Republicans to go along with their hair brained ideas. I would say that is a major reason why the approval rating is so low and pretty much the responsibility of the Dems.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:46 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Democrats can have control if they so wish as they are in the majority. Maybe if they stuck to their promise of "working with the Republicans", then there wouldn't be this mess. But their idea of working with the Republicans is just to get the Republicans to go along with their hair brained ideas. I would say that is a major reason why the approval rating is so low and pretty much the responsibility of the Dems.
Define "hair brained ideas"?

By not going along with their ideas, Republicans are keeping congress in the same position it was prior to the change in 2006.

You cannot judge the democrats on performance when the republicans have been preventing them from getting anything done. When they start going along with the "hair brained ideas", which I might add reflect the will of the majority of Americans, then we can talk about performance. I say it is the will of the people because the dems have the majority, and the people made it that way. Unfortunately, they don't have enough to win a vote, they just have the greater number of reps. As it stands now, the republicans are still the major scourge on this country as they are the ones preventing anything from getting done, not the democrats. They're doing it because they know the American public is spoon-fed their info from the sad excuses we have for media outlets. As long as Hannity says it's the democrats fault, everyone believes. My guess is it's their way of trying to win back the house, through sabotage. Meanwhile the country pays for it in more ways than one.

What you are doing is the equivalent of tying your guard dog up in the back yard on a short leash and then calling the dog "worthless" because somebody robbed your house.

~T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections