U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-02-2012, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
34,610 posts, read 33,607,038 times
Reputation: 51729

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
I think Ann Coulter is going to have a hard time selling her next book not because of Santorum but because of her Romney cheerleading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,717 posts, read 83,345,493 times
Reputation: 41551
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I wonder why it is you say that. Could it have anything to do with this....?


I suppose this thing calling itself conservative would enjoy being banned from the state of Utah for failure to be Mormon. Theocrats will happily remove her tongue from her head and I guess for as long as she believes she can schmooze her way into the good graces of the powerful, she'll be riding high in Babylon.

War on liberals, war on dems, war on moderates, war on indies... and what's happened to this party over the course of a century? What's wise and noble about conservative is and has always been upheld among the majority. Even the staunchest liberals agree in large part with true conservative philosophy. The problem at this point is the GOP is the aggregate place for every malcontent and sore loser who define freedom as the right to sell their children to human traffickers. The right to stretch the 2nd amendment to the right to compete for supremacy with US military. The right to stretch the 1st amendment right to the right to abuse people and claim it religious entitlement. "Rights" are the right to prey on all others.

The GOP has made of itself the sin eating party of centuries gone by. Newt: A grown man hiding behind the label of 'grandpa' like a badge of honor is blaming gays as the reason why he changed the terms of his marriage contract to read the right to have a harem. Claiming himself to be Catholic. Claiming himself to be 'the only real conservative'. Claiming himself to be American. Is he any of the above anymore than Santorum or Coulter is? How many Americans no matter where they live, what color, what creed, or what gender--- spend their every waking moment plotting and scheming against their countrymen to make their brothers lives harder for personal profit? Not make a living. Being a cannibal and calling it making a living. It's just morally, ethically wrong no matter who is doing it. What happens when the only jobs left are cannibal jobs because all the honest businesses got eaten up by... cannibals?

You (as a party) are far far away from the party of Lincoln. That's the man I knew, understood, and deeply respected. I can't respect this sad parade of male prostitutes, thugs and crooks. I can't marry this. I'm Christian. I can't do it.
why I said what? I qas repeating what she said on TV; This has nothing to do with my personal views, only a repeat of somehting. If you want to discuss my views on who should and shouldn't be in the race, let's start a new thread. I doubt very many really care what I think, nor should they. As for who should drop and who shouldn't, I do not think any of the four should throw in the towel yet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,717 posts, read 83,345,493 times
Reputation: 41551
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
That would be human nature. It certainly makes Ann more favorable right now for Mitt Romney supporters because we have so few that will stand up in the public eye on the ultra conservative side and speak out. I realize you do not like Mitt Romney and that is your perogative, nobody is trying to convince you otherwise.
Wow, I think I have defended him a few times recently and indicated I would support him, is that saying I do not like him? I actually do not like or dislike him, I just had hoped for a candidate that would have a little more fire in his/her belly and no, he isn't my first choice.

As for human nature, I agree, but there are political contributors I happen to like but do not agree with and visa versa. I like Morris for starters, but rarely agree with him, I do not like Rush, but I do agree with much of what he says, I like Geraldo, but nothing he says would be my opinion and the same with Bob Beckel.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 09:04 AM
 
5,527 posts, read 8,957,910 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
She is 100% behind Romney right now and said last night it is time for Ron Paul and Newt to drop out. She might be right, even if I can't stand her.
On the other hand.....the longer this goes on the less time Obama has to focus on just one opponent. He can't attack them all now can he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,717 posts, read 83,345,493 times
Reputation: 41551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
On the other hand.....the longer this goes on the less time Obama has to focus on just one opponent. He can't attack them all now can he?
Holy cow: I am just repeating what she said, not agreeing with her. Read my last response. I do not want to see anyone drop out right now for a couple of reasons: 1-exactly what you are saying, especially if super Tues brings a lot of support to any candidate other than Romney. It will confuse the issue and 2-I would hope that those of us, who have later primaries will have some input. If candidates start dropping out, we might as well stay home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM
 
5,934 posts, read 5,417,341 times
Reputation: 10584
Quote:
First, the taxpayer subsidizes the wasted human space teaching these moronic courses (at prices far outpacing inflation), and then the taxpayer pays the incomes of the graduates who are resigned to filling ever-growing no-show, self-paced and self-evaluated government jobs.

Who else would employ a graduate with a degree in Women's Studies, Early Childhood Education, Physical Education , Sociology or ***** Studies but the government?
So, people who teach small children shouldn't study it first? The degree is less meaningful because SOME pre-K places are government run?

Sociology, the major that feeds law and MPA programs, is useless (not to mention all the other uses for knowing how to study the behavior, habits and cultures of large groups of people)?

Phys ed teachers and athletic coaches shouldn't have some basic knowledge of the body and how it works in children before they design curriculum and training? They should know nothing about how to work with and motivate kids of all capabilities, or how to evaluate their own results?

Does she not know that the average college degree holder earns more than the average person who stops their education at high school? Do they all work for the government? Only "Liberals" encourage people to go the college because "The government" employs a lot of graduates? Really?

Every once in a while Ann Coulter makes a valid point, but for me she always buries that nugget of sense in a sea of stupid flamethrowing rhetoric, as in implying going to college is a liberal scam (Says the woman with a BA in HISTORY from Cornell University). Oh brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2012, 05:07 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,267 posts, read 14,283,502 times
Reputation: 15766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
The only LOSERS if obama wins will be the American public...because 4 more years of his misguided leadership will end with a projected $24 TRLLION in debt. Just what do you believe the value of the dollar will be by then??

you *******s supporting total failure is what is going to sink this country if obama wins 4 more years.

Blaming obama is the wrong thing to do?? He's been in office for 3 + years....2 of which he had control of both houses...meaning he had carte blanche. With all of that, he shoved obamacare down the throats of a public who didn't want it by a 65% against and 35% for margin. he bailed out banks and ended up allowing them to use a great deal of the $$ to pay corporate officers BONUSES. He has blocked every effort at the state level to do SOMETHING about the illegal immigration problem, while doing NOTHING about it himself other than hint at an amnesty program in his 2nd term. He has done everything he can to divide this country instead of unite it. He has tried to align himself with the occupy wallstreeters...inciting them to rise against the 1% and that he is 'with them'....and even that A**hole Nancy pelosi invoked the name of GOD when blessing them.

Gas prices are rising...claims of the economy gaining ground are erroneous. I don't see it..and I believe damn few do. Unemployment figures are flawed because the government stops counting people whio run out of benefits....doesn't mean they have found gainful employment...it means their claim has run OUT.

In short, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. It IS obama's fault. In his own words....'If the economy isn't straightened out after 3 years, then I don't deserve a 2nd term.' ...I AGREE.

He is the leader of this country...things are not better since he took office...they are worse. The nation is more divided than ever..there are fewer and fewer jobs. I can attest to that FACT....I go for job interviews....even though I am working now. (I work in the computer industry) Whenever I go for a job interview, I am told that I am among the final 6 or 8 out of what is always more than 100 applications. That is just a small sampling of the market out there, and that is in a medium sized city. The economy is getting better?? B**SH*T

So feel free to cheer your boy on...if anything THAT would be like YOU are standing on the deck of the rescue ship CHEERING as Titanic sinks below the waves.
No matter how you spin the anology, the Titanic still sank. Facts is facts.

Ann Coutler is the Rosemary's Baby of the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012, 12:22 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,849,239 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Fox News has two priorities this election cycle and they go in this order
1.) Do Not Let Ron Paul Get the Nomination.
2.) Make a point of backing any Not-Romney candidate and telling the world how wonderful they are -- at least until you start to look stupid doing it.

Mostly I find myself changing the channel in disgust over the under-reporting or misreporting or outright lying about Ron Paul. But there's been a few times that it's been because of the anti-Romney bias in the reporting. It's tiresome feeling like you're being herded toward supporting the "right" candidate.

Exactly, I get just as frustrated with how they treat Ron Paul as I do Romney. I rarely watch Fox News now, unless there will be an interview or something of interest. They have been so unreliable and they have outright lied daily about this race. Rupert Murdoch does not like Mitt Romney and he had made it clear that he is powerful enough to manipulate this race. Personally, I think he is in the tank for Obama....Fox had it's best ratings up to and the year right after Obama was elected. I think that is the goal of several of the so-called right wing radio hosts also. The sad thing is that so many people in the Republican party are totally brainwashed by such people and instead of thining for themselves and doing their own research they believe every word they tell them. I will say many people are waking up to it though, because you are right...they are starting to look stupid backing people like Newt and Santorum and it's obvious at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012, 12:32 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,849,239 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Wow, I think I have defended him a few times recently and indicated I would support him, is that saying I do not like him? I actually do not like or dislike him, I just had hoped for a candidate that would have a little more fire in his/her belly and no, he isn't my first choice.

As for human nature, I agree, but there are political contributors I happen to like but do not agree with and visa versa. I like Morris for starters, but rarely agree with him, I do not like Rush, but I do agree with much of what he says, I like Geraldo, but nothing he says would be my opinion and the same with Bob Beckel.

Nita


I understand that. Morris is pretty much a Romney supporter, but I am not crazy about him and if he predicts something, you can expect the opposite to happen. I can't stand Bob Beckel, but I find myself actually thinking what he is saying is right a lot of the time. So I do not have to have total agreement with someone on everything to say they are right on occasion either. Pat Buchannon says favorable things about Romney, but I disagree with him almost as much as I agree on certain issues. John McCain is a Romney supporter and has been great as a surrogate, but politically he is not what I was looking for last time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2012, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,717 posts, read 83,345,493 times
Reputation: 41551
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I understand that. Morris is pretty much a Romney supporter, but I am not crazy about him and if he predicts something, you can expect the opposite to happen. I can't stand Bob Beckel, but I find myself actually thinking what he is saying is right a lot of the time. So I do not have to have total agreement with someone on everything to say they are right on occasion either. Pat Buchannon says favorable things about Romney, but I disagree with him almost as much as I agree on certain issues. John McCain is a Romney supporter and has been great as a surrogate, but politically he is not what I was looking for last time.
See how much we can agree. I actually do like Bob Beckel though, I think he is funny and is perfect as the Odd man out on 'THE FIVE" which is probably my favorite or one of my favorite programs now. I too disagree wiht Buchannon most of the time. Hubby actually voted for him in the primaries back in 2000, I think it was, maybe 96. I do think he got a bum deal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top