Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 11:01 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times

Advertisements

O'reilly is a trip. "We hope it's not true." Of course it's true. Imagine GE being in favor of Cap n trade. If they didn't keep the whole D and R game going there would be nothing to talk about.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
The funny thing is while the OP complaints about the left wing bias on MSNBC, he probably watches an equally biased Fox News.

I don't typically have much respect for anyone who watches either network.
B.S. You know nothing about me. How would I have known what Ed Schultz said if I were not watching MSNBC. Fox News does not take taxpayer money to air propaganda like NBC, CNBC & MSNBC. If I watch TV it is mainly CSPAN, BBC, Bloomberg & CNBC. I read to get most of my news.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
CNN is actually very fair, if anything lean slightly right. A more accurate assessment would be:

MSNBC - 65 for the Democrats
Fox News - 99 for the Republicans
CNN - 5 for the Republicans
MSNBC is worse than Fox and it isn't close. Just the fact that they have their commentators like Ed Schultz on during election night coverage is disgusting.

CNN is the fairest. Fox hasn't completely sold out, at times they actually realize how a major news network should behave and maintain some journalistic standards.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:45 PM

MSNBC Chris Mathews Live On Air: My Job Is To Make Obama Presidency Successful

My Job Is To Make Obama Presidency Successful

Old 03-01-2012, 11:47 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
MSNBC is worse than Fox and it isn't close. Just the fact that they have their commentators like Ed Schultz on during election night coverage is disgusting.

CNN is the fairest. Fox hasn't completely sold out, at times they actually realize how a major news network should behave and maintain some journalistic standards.
Let me take a guess, have you ever even watched MSNBC? I'm sure the answer is no. They have two republican shows, legitimate GOP contributors, and have people from the right on all the time. The shows they have are very fair, and the only time you actually see any kind of lean is from the talking head shows, and even then they are shows for entertainment. Fox is a 24/7 propaganda network where every show leans hard to the right, and people look at their talking head shows as factual information.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:54 PM

MSNBC Chris Mathews Live On Air: Cries at the idea of Barack Obama losing!

Cries

Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Let me take a guess, have you ever even watched MSNBC? I'm sure the answer is no. They have two republican shows, legitimate GOP contributors, and have people from the right on all the time. The shows they have are very fair, and the only time you actually see any kind of lean is from the talking head shows, and even then they are shows for entertainment. Fox is a 24/7 propaganda network where every show leans hard to the right, and people look at their talking head shows as factual information.
Chris Wallace is pretty fair, so are the other news anchors on Fox. Yeah their talking heads can be just as obnoxious as MSNBC's(outside of Ed Schultz, that pompous windbag is in a class all by himself) but at least on election night and during primary/caucus night coverage those talking heads are kept away and the network handles the coverage like an actual news network should. It isn't some partisan sideshow like MSNBC's coverage.

I do watch MSNBC just to get a handle on what they are talking about but I can't watch during election nights anymore, it is unwatchable and in my mind has completely done away with any credibility MSNBC has as a news source.

Last edited by FargoBison; 03-02-2012 at 12:13 AM..

Old 03-02-2012, 01:44 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Are you 2 going to continue to lie & say that at the time MSNBC's (The Ed Show) host Ed Schultz lied & campaigned for Obama on air that it's parent company General Electric was not recieving over $16 billion in government funds?
Hey. If it bothers you so much, file a lawsuit against the Obama Administration. Knock yourself out, pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
MSNBC Chris Mathews Live On Air: My Job Is To Make Obama Presidency Successful
So what? He doesn't pretend to be an unbiased news anchor. Everybody knows what they're getting when they watch Chris Matthews. I don't understand your outrage.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hey. If it bothers you so much, file a lawsuit against the Obama Administration. Knock yourself out, pal.

So what? He doesn't pretend to be an unbiased news anchor. Everybody knows what they're getting when they watch Chris Matthews. I don't understand your outrage.
Of course you don't get the fact that my tax dollars go to a media channel to pay them to lie to me. Obama is circumventing campaign finance restrictions. You must be a communist that praises Russian Pravda.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:36 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
I never under this arguement. It is well known, MSNBC leans to the left and Fox news leans to the right. Why do people try to prove who is more balanced? I'm a Democrat, if I want to watch politcal news, I will watch Msnbc, and if I was a republican, I would watch Fox news. What is so wrong about that? As long as you know what side each station is on, I see no reason to rip the other side. I know that Democrats and Republicans can't agree on anything, but I atleast thought we could have common ground on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections