Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 12:01 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times

Advertisements

How is he flip flopping? His opposition has always been about this being something that should be up to each state to decide for themselves and not the federal government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 12:14 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
How is he flip flopping? His opposition has always been about this being something that should be up to each state to decide for themselves and not the federal government.

Which is a horse of a different color totally. I agree.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:17 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
I hope Romney is the nominee because Obama in a debate will tell him "where the f **k did you think I got the idea from?"

Old 03-03-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post

There is absolutely nothing new or earth shaking here. This issue has been vetted to the point of ad nauseum. You all are going to have to come up with something new or go home.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I hope Romney is the nominee because Obama in a debate will tell him "where the f **k did you think I got the idea from?"

He won't get the chance to because in a debate with Mitt Romney he will end up on the floor in the fetal position sucking his thumb....lol. I don't doubt he doesn't try to get out of debating him.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:49 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
He won't get the chance to because in a debate with Mitt Romney he will end up on the floor in the fetal position sucking his thumb....lol. I don't doubt he doesn't try to get out of debating him.

That's highly unlikely; Alan Keyes is extremely articulate and quick-witted in a debate, yet Obama cleaned his clock when they ran against one another. That was unexpected, as most people assumed that Keyes would
prevail easily. That misconception was quickly altered throughout the campaign. Romney isn't as naturally verbiose as Keyes and also prone to gaffes that make one cringe; their debates will be interesting if Romney can hold off Santorum.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
That's highly unlikely; Alan Keyes is extremely articulate and quick-witted in a debate, yet Obama cleaned his clock when they ran against one another. That was unexpected, as most people assumed that Keyes would
prevail easily. That misconception was quickly altered throughout the campaign. Romney isn't as naturally verbiose as Keyes and also prone to gaffes that make one cringe; their debates will be interesting if Romney can hold off Santorum.

Uh huh...you are comparing Mitt Romney to Alan Keyes??? Newt Gingrich is supposed to be the master debater (no pun intended) also and I have seen Mitt Romney render him speechless on more than one occasion. Romney decimated Santorum in the last debate they had right before everyone's eyes. The difference with Romney and Obama is that he actually knows what he is talking about. He has the knowledge and expertise. He doesn't need a teleprompter, he doesn't need the answers given to him or spoon fed to him...he knows what he speaks of. You cannot substitute actual knowledge with a talent for public speaking...which is what Obama has...period.

I can't wait for them to debate. The difference in the two when put to the test will be so obvious to people. Romney just looks and sounds more capable, because he is.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:53 AM

Red State’s “Breaking News” is “Broken News”

Quote:
Erick Erickson of Red State has been touting an article about “Romney’s Advice to Obama” at Buzzfeed as “breaking news,” even though there is absolutely nothing “breaking” about it. It’s a three-year old USA Today Op-Ed piece by Mitt Romney, urging President Barack Obama to reconsider Obamacare. Yes, you heard that right. Romney was saying, please reconsider this reckless plan of yours. And oh, by the way, you could probably learn a few things from the Massachusetts experiment.
Now, please… Ask yourself this. If Obamacare was identical to the Massachusetts Health Care Reform Bill, why in the world would Mitt Romney be telling Obama “Stop!?” If they were really substantially the same, why would Romney write an editorial talking about all the ways in which they were different?

Oh really? Then how do you explain this line, from the op-ed piece by Romney: “… a federal government insurance company isn’t necessary. It would inevitably lead to massive taxpayer subsidies, to lobbyist-inspired coverage mandates and to the liberals’ dream: a European-style single-payer system.”

Red State’s “Breaking News” is “Broken News” | America Needs Mitt (http://americaneedsmitt.com/blog/2012/03/03/buzzfeed-misinterprets-romneys-advice-obama/ - broken link)

Old 03-03-2012, 01:51 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Uh huh...you are comparing Mitt Romney to Alan Keyes??? Newt Gingrich is supposed to be the master debater (no pun intended) also and I have seen Mitt Romney render him speechless on more than one occasion. Romney decimated Santorum in the last debate they had right before everyone's eyes. The difference with Romney and Obama is that he actually knows what he is talking about. He has the knowledge and expertise. He doesn't need a teleprompter, he doesn't need the answers given to him or spoon fed to him...he knows what he speaks of. You cannot substitute actual knowledge with a talent for public speaking...which is what Obama has...period.

I can't wait for them to debate. The difference in the two when put to the test will be so obvious to people. Romney just looks and sounds more capable, because he is.
Obama took down a 100 republicans at their own retreat in a debate.
and demolished them.

and Obama had like 31 debates with hillary Clinton and three, and there was no tele prompter.

also Mitt Romney uses a teleprompter as well, Oh and John Mccain demolished
Mitt Romney in their debates, and Obama demolished John Mccain in there debates so your logic is flawed.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:24 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Question lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Romney really hasn't flip flopped on anything other than abortion. And I wouldn't consider changing stances on one issue a "flip flop."
Try telling that to the conservative leadership...Coulter and Rush see it differently.

Changing stances isn't a flip flop? Did the GOP get a new manual?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections