U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:31 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,733,374 times

Advertisements

Given Ron Paul's pathetic showing in the Republican primaries, I don't think anyone would really care. I mean he's only getting 11% of the votes at the primaries. It's sort of sad and pathetic to see him still in there.

His showing at this point is pretty pathetic. It's likely to only get worse as the primaries go on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 09:48 PM

10,005 posts, read 8,996,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
When Ron Paul takes his supporters including independents and veterans and libertarian minded republicans tons of others and leaves the party for a Independent run for president? Do they blacklist Rand Paul? Ron isn't running for re election so not much they can do to him but once he makes the republicans lose the election in November since they wouldn't listen to reason and nominate him I am sure they will be throwing a fit as usual and threatening and bitching and moaning....should be a good show..man I hope he goes independent merely for that show!

So what says you? What would be the republican parties response?
Ron Paul will not make an independent run for 3 reasons.

1. Rand Paul
2. Rand Paul
3. Rand Paul

As it stands his son has a future in the GOP. He does not want to gimp his son by unnecessarily spiting the party. In fact It would not surprise me if he ended up using his delegates and influence at the GOP convention to bolster his son's standing.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 03-03-2012 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: typed reason instead of run

Old 03-03-2012, 09:58 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,887,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Ron Paul will not make an independent reason for 3 reasons.

1. Rand Paul
2. Rand Paul
3. Rand Paul

As it stands his son has a future in the GOP. He does not want to gimp his son by unnecessarily spiting the party. In fact It would not surprise me if he ended up using his delegates and influence at the GOP convention to bolster his son's standing.
I think that is a valid point, but I wouldn't carve it in stone. Both men seem to be interested in doing what they think is best for America not necessarily party politics.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:16 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,238,633 times
Quote:
Paul is an old-line Washington insider. He's kept around for window dressing.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:33 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,002,376 times
Quote:
When Ron Paul takes his supporters including independents and veterans and libertarian minded republicans tons of others and leaves the party for a Independent run for president? Do they blacklist Rand Paul? Ron isn't running for re election so not much they can do to him but once he makes the republicans lose the election in November since they wouldn't listen to reason and nominate him I am sure they will be throwing a fit as usual and threatening and bitching and moaning....should be a good show..man I hope he goes independent merely for that show!

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out, would be my guess. Pauls support comes from some Independents (not part of the GOP) a few Libertarians confused which Party they are in, and a handful of Repubs, when he leaves the Party the GOP will not miss him in the least bit. Notice that if he did leave it would be after pretending to be a Republican for years, he is a Libertarian in everything except title, so that he could get elected, not very honest, is it. Good thing is after this his third failed attempt to get into the Whitehouse he says he will retire.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:55 AM

66,173 posts, read 33,593,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where are you getting the idea he is running as an independent? How often do you listen to his interfviews?Hehas said, at least 3 times that I have heard him:NO!!!!

Just goes to show, you do not pay attention. Blinders need to come off.

He has stated over and over when asked that question, he does not believe in absolutes, but at this time when he is changing the GOP and doing better than he ever has, why?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:43 PM

71,689 posts, read 83,272,206 times
Quote:
No he has said he has no plans to. He refuses to state that he won't run as independent or 3rd party. I don't want him to run as independent or 3rd party to win but to merely show the republitard party that he can affect the outcome of the election...A poll showed he would take 18% of the vote in a 3 way race between him,Romney and Obama. I figure what's good for the republitard party screwing him over and ignoring him should be used against them and make them lose the election...course I live for revenge to
sorry, he did say on Chris Wallace about 3 months ago he would not run. Chirs asked him why and he said, cause he didn't want to, that's why. In other interviews with both Chris W and some others he has said, he has no plans to run, that part you have right.

As for what would be good or bad for the party, is that what you care about, getting even? I would hope you would want than that out of this. I know I do. Living for revenge can do nothing but jump up and bite you in the rear!!!!! I might not be a supporter of his, as everyone knows, but I don't think he would want to think those who are loyal to him want revenge. I think he would hope his ideas can make some difference at the convention. I don't see him as a hateful man by anymeans and that is what revenge sounds like.

Nita

Old 03-05-2012, 01:53 PM

21,232 posts, read 14,261,055 times
So far, Paul is very far away from becoming a real 3rd candidate threat to either party. Perot and Nader were both very much a threat to the Democratic party (and Perot was a threat to both, equally), and Pau has yet to meet the kind of support both of them had.

Unless that radically improves very late in these primaries, Paul isn't going to rock either party very much.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:06 PM

71,689 posts, read 83,272,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just goes to show, you do not pay attention. Blinders need to come off.

He has stated over and over when asked that question, he does not believe in absolutes, but at this time when he is changing the GOP and doing better than he ever has, why?
he has also said, NO!!! Yes, he is doing better and I have said that for a year now. I have said he could get 20% of the vote this time around in the primaries (no I am not talking caucus either) That doesn't mean he has any intention of running as a 3rd party candidate. Down deep you know that, you are just hoping and wishing. I am hoping for my candidate as well, but realistic enough to know he isn't going to go much further. Talk about blinders, I think you are the one that needs to take them off.

BTW, most of us do not believe in absolutes, except for those who refuse to open their eyes, of course anything can happen, but he isn't going to hurt his son's chances in the future by running either.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:08 PM

840 posts, read 674,876 times
I will guarantee if he runs as 3rd party or independent it will mean defeat for the Republitard party in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or