U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:30 PM

4,112 posts, read 3,826,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
There haven't been any polls but I'm guessing Paul will do well here, the state is more libertarian than other Midwest states. I expect it to be really close between him, Romney and Santorum. Paul has solid support on the college campuses here but the big question is will they turnout?
They usually underperform, so I doubt it. I could see Santorum do very well there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 08:32 PM

16,824 posts, read 9,136,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
There haven't been any polls but I'm guessing Paul will do well here, the state is more libertarian than other Midwest states. I expect it to be really close between him, Romney and Santorum. Paul has solid support on the college campuses here but the big question is will they turnout?
Not based on an actual poll, but an analyst on CNN the other day claimed that Paul could compete with Romney to win North Dakota, but probably not in Alaska or Idaho....but that he could get 2nd in all 3 easily.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:33 PM

8,043 posts, read 4,209,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Put it simply. Ron isn't gonna get the nomination if he can't see that even if he has the most delegates come the convention they will not nominate him he is blind. I am in it now to destroy the republitard party. 2 straight losses in presidental elections plus losing control of congress....not gonna be pretty for republitards come November...
This is why I fear for the future of the RP movement. If the majority of us sound fanatical, angry and we're a bunch of sore losers, it won't matter how right Dr Paul is. The movement will die the same death Ross Perot's movement did.

It's a matter of patience. The hippie movement was considered a bunch of young crazy people, doing crazy things and supporting crazy causes. Today much of their overall message is having a significant impact on the Democratic Party. Ron Paul's movement stands to do far better than that. We actually believe in a lot more common sense things. But how do you keep a movement alive when the movement habitually lashes out at everyone and everything outside itself? This sort of sentiment threatens the survival of the movement. If there are voter fraud issues, take it to court and send the notes to MSNBC and CNN -- they'll be happy to shame the GOP into fixing the things that are broken and getting it right next time.

At the end of the day, Barack Obama stands to do this nation more irrepairable harm than any of the GOP candidates. The other candidates even want a Balanced Budget Amendment. Jokes on them once they get one because they sure as hell aren't ready to live within a balanced budget. But it's some progress heading in the right direction. The rest will come with time.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:40 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,094,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not based on an actual poll, but an analyst on CNN the other day claimed that Paul could compete with Romney to win North Dakota, but probably not in Alaska or Idaho....but that he could get 2nd in all 3 easily.
Yeah right now I'd say ND goes Romney, Paul and then Santorum. Romney has the momentum and the key endorsements. Plus he did strongly here in 2008.

Some people like to compare Santorum to Huckabee and Huck took fourth in ND in 2008.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:45 PM

8,632 posts, read 9,178,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
This is why I fear for the future of the RP movement. If the majority of us sound fanatical, angry and we're a bunch of sore losers, it won't matter how right Dr Paul is. The movement will die the same death Ross Perot's movement did.

It's a matter of patience. The hippie movement was considered a bunch of young crazy people, doing crazy things and supporting crazy causes. Today much of their overall message is having a significant impact on the Democratic Party. Ron Paul's movement stands to do far better than that. We actually believe in a lot more common sense things. But how do you keep a movement alive when the movement habitually lashes out at everyone and everything outside itself? This sort of sentiment threatens the survival of the movement. If there are voter fraud issues, take it to court and send the notes to MSNBC and CNN -- they'll be happy to shame the GOP into fixing the things that are broken and getting it right next time.

At the end of the day, Barack Obama stands to do this nation more irrepairable harm than any of the GOP candidates. The other candidates even want a Balanced Budget Amendment. Jokes on them once they get one because they sure as hell aren't ready to live within a balanced budget. But it's some progress heading in the right direction. The rest will come with time.
A Ron Paul supporter I can respect and agree with. You are absolutely correct.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:46 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,911,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Everyone, switch your votes to Ron Paul so "RPON" doesn't smite us with vengeance and sink the entire party!
Don't make me turn this car around.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:54 PM

325 posts, read 178,654 times
Quote:
Everyone enjoy the fraud and vote rigging show? I did...I wish I had my volume remote to mute that son of a female dog King's mouth up...this is exactly why I don't get excited or even expect Paul to win...no Spokane numbers no Seattle numbers yet Romney wins...yeah right sure pal.
Exactly, but it's just a caucus anyway. Ron Paul will have the most delegates.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:55 PM

2,798 posts, read 3,675,957 times
Quote:
Ah. I sure hope they do. I think Alaska,Idaho and North Dakota are his only chance come Super Tuesday.
Idaho will go to Romney by a good margin.I think Romney will take Alaska too.I think Paul came in second in North Dakota in 2008....perhaps he has a shot there,I haven't seen any polls.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:01 PM

2,798 posts, read 3,675,957 times
Quote:

Another good,reasonable post GoT.....goodluck on getting cooperation from many Paul diehards

Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,911,221 times
Quote:

My problem w/ the other GOP candidates other than Paul is trust. I trust them to do anything they say about as far as I can throw them. Obama is the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or