U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,300 posts, read 10,466,428 times
Reputation: 3541

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
um simetime please reread my post. he is the only real republican left.

THOMAS JEFFERSON was disgusted with the wigs and the federalists so he left them and made his own party you forget. The founder of republicans Thomas Jefferson is rolling in his grave.

IF ron paul is the thomas jefferson of our time as we said he is then he will make a new party


maybe he could call it the
"true republican party"

but nowadays they have shut the 3rd party window out already so it's much harder. imo he is trying to lead a thomas jefferson model but doing to and changing people from in the party itself then.

that is what the neo-cons did after all.

also simetime please stop calling the current batch of republicans: republicans they are not they are neo-cons.

call them what they are.

The current batch what they are as follows:

rick "churchlady" santorum - religious zealot, who btw defrauded Pa taxpayers by billing them for his children's education in another state
He suppported by the majority of the religous extremist, undereducated and whackjobs

newt "faithful" gingrich - habitual liar, who was basically drummed out of his speaker of house position on ethic issues (constantly lies about being able to lower gas prices)
He is support by mainly by the uneducated racist teabaggers

mitt "I changed my mind" romney - ***** for the extremely wealthy, who cannot stick to anything that he says or believes in (best known for misquoting anyone and everyone)
He supported by the wealthy and the "I got mine club so you get yours" mind frame, they tend to educated only on the different ways of getting/keeping money


To be truthful, I really can't tell you what these clowns believe in but I do know what keeps them all going, the wealthy folks who keep giving this circus money and their combined hatered for the president.

How is this for an analysts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2012, 02:16 PM
 
1,013 posts, read 768,211 times
Reputation: 484
yep seems quite accurate of them. the more i listen and see them the more I just want to yell boo at them or throw rotten eggs/tomatoes....

too bad that's a felony now...

well at least we can get a good clown show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2012, 06:19 PM
 
Location: vagabond
2,631 posts, read 4,928,691 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I, and a lot of others, registered as Republicans specifically because of Ron Paul. The party establishment ignores us at it's own peril. I believe there are definitely enough of us to cause a brokered convention and to affect the election… ...If they try to ignore and railroad us like they have in many caucus states, they will get NO support from us in the general election and they will likely re-elect Obama. As far as the media, they can't decide what to do, criticize him or ignore him. Right now they are ignoring him again but I suspect that will change.
i agree 100% there. the republican party doesn't seem to get that it is shooting itself in the foot in many different ways by slandering and mocking paul and his supporters, and resorting to dishonest tactics to beat him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You have just explained one of the reasons true Republicans don't take Paul seriusly. You admit you and others are not real Republicans, but are regeistered that way just to support him.
i make no attempt to hide the fact that i am not a true republican. i have never voted as a republican until this year, and now do so only to vote for paul. the fact is that i cannot stand the republican party any more than i can stand the democratic party. both are ridiculously corrupt, insufferably arrogant, and both are so convinced that they own the world that they hardly even take the time to properly hide or justify their corruption anymore; they just dismiss it as business as usual.

Quote:
How can you really wonder why the party establishment not to ignore you?
because the two-party system made this a necessity. paul wouldn't be running as a republican if 3rd party candidates were treated with even a fraction of the same respect and/or attention. so he chose the party that best paralleled his political platform, and that is what used to be the republican party. it is not what the current republican party has turned into today, a bloated, whining, limbaugh-loving group of right-wing zealots that pretend to want small government, yet take every opportunity available to legislate morality and religion.

the republican party as it exists today doesn't even reflect the values of most self-styled republicans.

Quote:
Paul is a libertarian at heart. This isn't in itself bad necessarily, but he can't expect to win over the true REpublicans
true republicans are not currently represented by any of the republican leaders, santorum, gingrich, or romney included. paul is actually as close or closer on many of the issues to a "true" republican than the current crop of elected officials and pundits.

so yes, i would say he does stand a chance to win over the true republicans, though the majority of the republican party does not rate that title, and certainly won't vote for him.

Quote:
and you can't expect the party to listen to those who are only want to see one person elected.
seriously? they are no different than the rest of the republican party, though maybe better organized.

because even if you entirely dismiss paul, which many have been doing since the inception of the race, most of the rest of the party is just as single-mindedly divided between the other three current candidates. almost every republican i know of, in real life or not the net, has one candidate that they want, and can't stand the rest. there are very few that are happy to take either of the three. sure, they will bite the bullet and bend over for whichever of the three finally makes the party nomination, but they will fight it all the way there.

Quote:
You say there will be support from you in the general election? If you registered just to support Paul I doubt you would be voting Republican anyway. Many on this thread have already stated they will not support any other candidate regardless.

Nita
don't forget the local offices that i can influence as a registered republican, that are much harder to influence as an independent or 3rd party voter––again, because the system is set up to ignore and disenfranchise 3rd party and independent voters and candidates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I think your right in parts...I usually vote republican, and I'm leaning for Paul
nita, this is case and point right here. there are many long-time republicans that you couldn't justify dismissing as libertarian that are supporting paul. some of them even because they remember old-school republicans and what the party used to stand for.

the republican party has been hijacked by social issues, almost all of which require unconstitutional, large-government approaches in order to do things their way. so long as they continue to act like this, moderate republicans, and republicans that remember what the party used to stand for, will identify more and more with third party candidates like paul, and sometimes even democrats.

i'm going to answer ron paul's questions from that famous debate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron paul
i'm a strict constitutionalist. are you suggesting that the republicans should write me off because i'm a strict constitutionalist? i'm the most conservative member here. i have voted, you know, against more spending and wasted government than anybody else. so you're suggesting that i'm not electable and the republicans don't want me, because i'm a strict fiscal conservative, because i believe in civil liberties? why should we not be defending civil liberties? and why should we not be talking about foreign policy that used to be part of the republican party?

...where have we gone? i think we've lost our way.
yes, i think that the republican party is saying that paul is unelectable, that they don't want his fiscal conservatism, that they don't want his constitutionalist approach to things. they would rather have a santorum that is not even remotely fiscally conservative, but is as socially conservative and religiously fanatic as it comes. they would rather have a gingrich that, again, is not a fiscal conservative, who violates tax laws, participates in checking fraud, and lies about it all. they would rather have a romney that is so fiscally nonconservative that some people call him a democrat and that cannot commit to one political position any more faithfully than gingrich can a wife.

these are the kinds of heroes that the current republican party puts on a pedestal. worse still, it idolizes the voices of limbaugh, beck, hannity, o'reilly and other tantrum-throwing, lying clowns and for some reason confuses itself into thinking that they represent reason and fact.

the old republican party that paul more closely resembles is nothing similar to the new republican party, which is more closely resembling the democratic party in all but social stances, and therefore the majority of republicans wouldn't touch his policies with a ten-foot pole. they'll scoff and roll their eyes and act like it is because paul is crazy, but really it is because they don't know what a conservative is anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
2,254 posts, read 4,506,023 times
Reputation: 2458
stycotl.....it's hard to argue with some of these people but you are brilliant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2012, 08:27 AM
 
359 posts, read 265,219 times
Reputation: 127
A lot of Republicans (as well as Democrats) don't know what they believe in until someone tells them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 07:36 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,300 posts, read 10,466,428 times
Reputation: 3541
If it boils down to Paul vs Obama well a principled man with good/bad policies verses a manipulated weak one.................GO RON!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,700 posts, read 83,272,206 times
Reputation: 41534
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If it boils down to Paul vs Obama well a principled man with good/bad policies verses a manipulated weak one.................GO RON!
why would you even think it will boil down to the two of them or it might? There is no way this will happen.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 10:32 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,300 posts, read 10,466,428 times
Reputation: 3541
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
why would you even think it will boil down to the two of them or it might? There is no way this will happen.

Nita

I know, but I wont vote for any of the three stooges either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,700 posts, read 83,272,206 times
Reputation: 41534
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I know, but I wont vote for any of the three stooges either
would you vote for a Republican period? That is the question...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 04:46 PM
 
Location: vagabond
2,631 posts, read 4,928,691 times
Reputation: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
stycotl.....it's hard to argue with some of these people but you are brilliant.
thanks. hard, because too many of them are afraid to think for themselves for once in their lives. they'd rather be led, and the evidence for that is overwhelming with the "so long as a republican beats obama" mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
would you vote for a Republican period? That is the question...
see what i mean?

for my part, no, i wouldn't vote for any of the current republicans except paul. the rest of them are in the same boat as obama, just with different social issues. hell, some of them even share the same corporate handlers as obama.

so no. there is not another current republican candidate that i would vote for. paul's name will be written in on my ballot if (likely when) he doesn't get the nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:36 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top