Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,895,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My advise, YouTubes can be doctored, edited whatever. I take all of them with a grain of salt, I wish everyone did.
You do, in fact, realize that your statement applies to all media?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,922,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
If you vote for the lesser of two evils, guess what? You just voted for evil.

Yes, a write-in vote for a real candidate with actual principles is so much better than voting for an evil DNC or RNC candidate. He probably won't win, but at least you won't be participating in electing evil to run your country.

And that is good enough for me, knowing the other knuckleheads won't be getting my vote. Ron Paul, may not win, but his movement is gaining attention. There will be others like him.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times
It's happening!

Old 03-23-2012, 11:35 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And that is good enough for me, knowing the other knuckleheads won't be getting my vote. Ron Paul, may not win, but his movement is gaining attention. There will be others like him.
I think it will be awhile before you see others like him. That is what was said when Lynden LaRoche was making his ideas known. I am not saying this is right or wrong, but it is the way it goes. When someone can come along with some of Paul's ideas and not carry them so far to the exteme that the legistlature can't take anything seriously we will have a winner. The word is compromise and bend a little. We are seeing the lack of flexibility in many of his supporters: if they can't have their way, they won't play.

Nita

Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,922,758 times
Quote:
I think it will be awhile before you see others like him. That is what was said when Lynden LaRoche was making his ideas known. I am not saying this is right or wrong, but it is the way it goes. When someone can come along with some of Paul's ideas and not carry them so far to the exteme that the legistlature can't take anything seriously we will have a winner. The word is compromise and bend a little. We are seeing the lack of flexibility in many of his supporters: if they can't have their way, they won't play.

Nita

Perhaps. But I will not compromise my beliefs to vote for the lesser of two evils. Been there, done that. Never again. The reason Paul won't get taken seriously by the establishment, is because he can't be bought and paid for like the rest of them. Money talks...and well.... you know the rest.

Furthermore, you and I both know that were Paul elected, he'd still have to deal with Congress, which would be no easy task. The office of President is not dictator.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Perhaps. But I will not compromise my beliefs to vote for the lesser of two evils. Been there, done that. Never again. The reason Paul won't get taken seriously by the establishment, is because he can't be bought and paid for like the rest of them. Money talks...and well.... you know the rest.

Furthermore, you and I both know that were Paul elected, he'd still have to deal with Congress, which would be no easy task. The office of President is not dictator.
this is why he would get nothing accomplished. He wouldn't have congress on his side and he isn't flexiable. This is one of the reasons he has accomplished so little while being in the house. As I said, when we have a candidate that can take some of Paul's ideas and learn to listen to some others ideas we will all be jumping with joy. Unfortunatly I may not live long enough to see that candidate emerge.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:08 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,844,707 times
Quote:
this is why he would get nothing accomplished. He wouldn't have congress on his side and he isn't flexiable. This is one of the reasons he has accomplished so little while being in the house. As I said, when we have a candidate that can take some of Paul's ideas and learn to listen to some others ideas we will all be jumping with joy. Unfortunatly I may not live long enough to see that candidate emerge.
The problem is that even those that support His ideas do not and cannot compromise, with that in mind their "movement" can never be successful in US poltics, the voters wll not stand for it.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
You do, in fact, realize that your statement applies to all media?
to some extent, of course it applies to all media. Almost anything can be edited or taken out of context, but not to the degree YouTube is used. Heck anyone can do a YTube and make it look and sound legit.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The problem is that even those that support His ideas do not and cannot compromise, with that in mind their "movement" can never be successful in US poltics, the voters wll not stand for it.
My total point. Compromise is something we all do daily. Whether it has to do with purchases, what we eat, what we do with our jobs, etc. If one can't compromise they would have to think they are always right. If you think you are always right, you are more often wrong.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:28 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times
Compromise is what has got us where we are today as a nation...

Ok let's just step on the Constitution just a little, instead of a lot like they want to. That is political compromise at the cost of our freedom.

Nita you don't get it...

You can vote for the status quo Democrat or you can vote for the status quo Republican. If the last few cycles haven't shown you anything it has to have shown you they are one in the same, with different buddies.

The last second rule changes along with the perceived election fraud by the GOP, will they be able to count on the voters that feel so disenfranchised and being constantly alienated by the GOP.

Pualbots will not vote for Mitt Romney because they claim that the process has been rigged by the establishment status quo. With all the election shenanigans, have they done too much damage?

It won't matter. Lasting impression's are hard to shake. This will hurt the GOP badly, come November.

The People don't want another Bush or Obama, and Romney is exactly that. Leaving a big doorway, for Ron Paul to take it all as a 3rd party candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections