Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:24 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,118,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well, the Obama haters can't have it both ways. Its considered a hand-out when disaster victims are in New Orleans (and Black) yet somehow when the disaster strikes in your backyard its America's duty to provide federal aid.

This is how a Ron Paul would handle any and all disasters that happen over the course of a presidency...turning his back. Better that you guys know now then when a tornado hits your trailer park with a Ron Paul in the White House.

I don't believe I said I expected a hand out for KY from the federal government. I said the timing was horrible and his remarks were insensitive. FYI, tornadoes don't discriminate concerning where they touch down. They have even been know to hit the projects...so be aware of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,118,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
But you as well as others missed the point as usual. Understood since you don't believe in personal responsibility and want a big federal government to take care of you from cradle to grave.

"To say that any accident that happens in the country, send in FEMA, send in the money, the government has all this money—it is totally out of control and it's not efficient," Paul said.

Get rid of the ineffective costly FEMA. As uninformed as you are you probably don't know how bad they handled New Orleans. Or maybe you think the people in Kentucky are too dumb to handle the problems in their own state but I don't. I believe in them. Very independent people.

Ron Paul wants the money to stay with the states and let them handle it. When FEMA came into Texas he said the same thing. "Give us back OUR money and let us handle it." The locals know the area better so they know which parts should get the needed aid. They will not be delayed as much if the ineffective extra layer of government is out of the way.

You know nothing about me so once again, you are making assinine remarks, as usual.

I never even inferred that I expected the federal government to give money to KY. What I did say is that what Ron Paul said was very insensitive and it was.

I realize that someone with your ill manners and ignorance would not have feelings for people who have lost everything and some their entire families.

You are a good example of why people detest many Ron Paul supporters. Too bad for him. You do him no favors.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 AM

37,942 posts, read 17,724,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
I said he might have a point and that is people should have insurance to protect themselves in case this happens. Where I differ is that I know that insurance doesn't cover everything and some people obviously can't afford insurance. Plus some disasters are just too much for a state to handle. FEMA and government assistance has its place, it would be a mistake to just get rid of it.
FEMA grossly mismanaged New Orleans. If I did half as bad as that at my job I'd be fired. Have confidence in the ones in your state. They know whats important. If they mess up at least you can get rid of them. Can't do that with the Feds.

That's the reason we have so many sellouts in Congress. Big government control. People have to make deals in order to get what they want. If you let the states decide things there would be a lot less backroom deals.
"Vote for me, and I'll set you free"
"And the band played on"

Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,440,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't believe I said I expected a hand out for KY from the federal government. I said the timing was horrible and his remarks were insensitive. FYI, tornadoes don't discriminate concerning where they touch down. They have even been know to hit the projects...so be aware of that.
Timing makes no difference because that is exactly what he believes. He does not believe that any aid should be given to the unfortunate trailer park residents who lost so very much when the tornadoes rolled through their area. Ron Paul says f' em. They should have had better insurance, tough luck.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:42 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,778,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Just remember, even Ayn Rand (RP's goddess) went on Medicare and took Social Security benefits while nearing the end of her days.
You blame her for collecting on something she paid for? That's not the federal governments money, its HER money.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:42 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,903,896 times
I am sorry for all the recent loss from the tornadoes, but I have to agree this time with Ron Paul.. Relief efforts should be handled by the state and charitable organizations. The federal government has no business in helping after any disaster. Look at the disaster they turned Katrina into.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:47 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,238,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
FEMA grossly mismanaged New Orleans. If I did half as bad as that at my job I'd be fired. Have confidence in the ones in your state. They know whats important. If they mess up at least you can get rid of them. Can't do that with the Feds.

That's the reason we have so many sellouts in Congress. Big government control. People have to make deals in order to get what they want. If you let the states decide things there would be a lot less backroom deals.
"Vote for me, and I'll set you free"
"And the band played on"
You really think the state of LA would have done better? I will admit FEMA did a terrible job in that situation but an agency like that on the federal level is needed but they should be expected to be competent.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
You know nothing about me so once again, you are making assinine remarks, as usual.
Once again your reason and judgement is deeply flawed. just like Romney.

Quote:
I never even inferred that I expected the federal government to give money to KY. What I did say is that what Ron Paul said was very insensitive and it was.
That's your agenda driven misguided perception. Ron Paul wants the people taken care of which is why he said lets the states handle it because they'll do a better job.

Quote:
I realize that someone with your ill manners and ignorance would not have feelings for people who have lost everything and some their entire families.
I realize that someone with your ignorance and uncanny ability to bypass the truth when you incorrectly portray others is a product of big government lies and deceit. You'll say anything to get your twisted big government agenda through. you're Romney.

Prove to me where I said anything remotely like I didn't want people to be taken care of. You cannot because your comment is dishonest. In fact I do want to help them. Your way is horrible. My way works.

Quote:
You are a good example of why people detest many Ron Paul supporters. Too bad for him. You do him no favors.
Your post is a good example of why people detest big government supporters. You'll say anything while disregarding the truth because you enjoy controlling others thoughts and actions. Too bad for our countries future and our children. Your thought process and policies has destroyed the economy, cost the lives of many Americans as well as hundreds of thousands in the Middle East and made the latest generation have a bleaker outlook than their parents.
You ought to be ashamed of yourself for supporting policies that destroy others lives. You do America no favors.
Wake up.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 AM

29,175 posts, read 22,146,578 times
When we lose our sense of mercy and helpfulness toward our fellow Americans, we are lost.
I would rather see our government spend a million dollars on a small town's recovery than see that money go into another needless piece of military hardware any day.

I think Ron is way off the mark on this. When it comes to natural disasters, we're all in this together.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
You really think the state of LA would have done better? I will admit FEMA did a terrible job in that situation but an agency like that on the federal level is needed but they should be expected to be competent.
The only "proof" I have is how could LA do any worse? If they locals did a bad job they'd be out of a job. That is what motivates politicians.
Who knows more about the wants and needs of your area? The ones on your area of the ones far away in Washington DC?

Which Federal Agency does a good job? Not the Dept of Education where our standing compared to the rest of the world has gone down since the D of E was implemented.
Surely not the Veterans Administration where many who are waiting to receive benefits they qualify for don't get them until years later and a few die while waiting. They deserve so much better.
Surely not Congress that passed Housing rules that bypassed the free market and ruined the economy.
The workers in the Federal Government have no competition so of course they are not going to try as hard since they are not as motivated as others who have something to loose. They're people like you and me after all. It's human nature for many, coast when we can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections