Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,735,709 times

Advertisements

I was just curious how many people here who believe Dr. Paul is a loony will be sorry and regret that they did not listen to him when the dollar collapses. I will revisit this thread when it finally happens and see how people responded before the fact, and compare it to how they respond after it happens.

So what do you think, will you regret having ignored Dr. Paul when the dolla collapses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 11:33 AM

2,330 posts, read 3,796,301 times
The dollar is not going to collapse. Why does every libertarian think they are an economist?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:13 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,186,567 times
Not every libertarian, just the unintelligent ones who haven't studied any economics. They seem to fail to get that when the economic community and large companies like the Federal Reserve system and an OBGYN doesn't, then the former are probably right.

It's sort of like how stupid you'd have to be to ask Tim Geithner questions about the health of a fetus.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,310,336 times
Dollar will collapse once China, etc. sell their dollar reserves. Hyperinflation will come first, though.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:27 PM

308 posts, read 516,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Dollar will collapse once China, etc. sell their dollar reserves. Hyperinflation will come first, though.
And China will not sell in the near future since their currency is still tied to the dollar and it will hurt their economy as well.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,735,709 times
Okay ... you all think Paul and the austrian economists who predicted the housing bubble which did finally come true among many other things the keynesians have been wrong about are crazy and or missinformed. So allow me to adjust the question of the OP to reflect the doubt. Instead of when I will use the word if ...

If the dollar collapses, will you regret not having listened to Dr. Paul and the austrian economists that have been warning us about it?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-05-2012 at 12:53 PM..

Old 03-05-2012, 12:51 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,367,914 times
I don't know how I will feel if the $ does collapse, but if it does, will I regret not listening to Paul, maybe, if indeed I think he was right. To be honest, I do not expect the $ to totally collapse. We all know we might be in for some tough times, but I am not sure Paul could do anything about this. What do you think he can do to prevent this from happening, do you want to give us a hint?

Nita

Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,170,949 times
When do you think the dollar will collapse? It is kind of hard to be wrong when you just throw something out there and say "someday" if you've got some real insight into the economic/political situation that will cause the dollar to collapse then surely you've got a time frame. Heck maybe you can make some financial moves to take advantage of the situation.

Didn't Ron Paul predict a dollar crash resulting in high interest rates like a decade ago? How long does he get a free ride before he's considered wrong?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,480,278 times
Even if Ron Paul were to be elected, he would not have the power to prevent the dollar from collapsing. He would be a lone wolf and the Republicans certainly would not aid him in achieving his agenda.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:59 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,887,301 times
A few months ago, I noticed that things were pretty bad when people in Cadillacs were lined up for free food banks. It can get a whole lot worse. I see a lot of cluster ****'s going on with housing. Three families in a doublewide. four junky cars out front. Shopping carts full of realllly bad food, if you can call it food. I have noticed a big decline in morale, as well. That's why I head to Vegas. I'm careful with my money, and my biggest luxury item is nutrition nowadays. If it gets worse, I'm fine with a truck camper as long as I am healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections