Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times

Advertisements

Anyone who wants to get rid of their worthless dollars ahead of the crash is welcome to send them to me. I'll send a photo of Dr. Paul to everyone who responds:

Yabuhebi Yeledaf
Rabbit Hutch No. 3
Urban Nightmare, Japan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 08:19 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,009 times
people seem to be getting that all people are old.
yes if those that are too lazy to research then I consider them old.

it may not be their bodies that are old but the way they conduct themselves are.

I consider the ones that research the issues rather than watch just media to be old enough to vote.
you do realize in the tech age hackers started at a very young age teaching themselves rather than going to college to learn it. right?

those that take responsibility for their actions are old enough for me.

those that do not take responsibility are too young to vote.

while those that are too lazy to research whom are old enough already to vote are TOO old to vote.
research before voting.

and also those that vote based on their looks and shallow ideas are too young too vote as well no matter how old they are because they are selfish like babies.

Hence the mature ones that research the real issues at hand not trying to force their ways on others lazy people are the people that should be voting.

but alas democracy is not perfect.

pure democracy = 51% imposing their will on the 49% tyranny of the majority.
while dictatorships = 1% dictating their will on the 99%.

Sorry we need educated voters that know about the issues at hand rather than people that want to impose their wills on others.

old people = like to impose their will on the young
young people = irresponsible.
age = does not matter

it is the character of the person which matters.

which is why some countries allow marriage below age of consent in others as well as smoking/drinking.

PS Ron Paul is not old because he is NOT LAZY

someone like rick perry is old because he does not even remember his speech.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Paul, puts himself in the company of Micheal Moore and the extreme left, anti military , blame America first crowd, when it comes to the war on terror and radical islam. Sorry that is delusional and makes him unfit to be President and I regret that.
You are wrong on all counts, but let's just look at one. Please explain why you think he's "anti-military."

Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
You are wrong on all counts, but let's just look at one. Please explain why you think he's "anti-military."
Nonsense.......... I didnt say I think he is anti military, any more than I said he is Micheal Moore. You ever heard the phrase ....."you are the company you keep"?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
No more than listneig to the YsK people or the world ending in 2012. Besdies he has been predciting this for decades now.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
it is my hope that one of the major candidates would pick him as VP. he is of course very right but if we implement his plan it will cause the melt down we fear today instead of tomarrow. but maybe some hardship now could avert the train wreck??

Old 03-09-2012, 02:10 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
It's not really about the dollar collapsing per se. It's about the dollar continuing to diminish in value. Inflation is one of the meanest con jobs in modern history: The working class' pay increases at a much slower rate than the rate of inflation making them poorer and poorer without even realizing what is happening.

It's a lot like the story of how to cook a live frog. Put the frog in water that is comfortable in temperature, then very slowly increase the temperature. You will cook the frog alive without it ever realizing what's happening. That is what paper money and the Federal Reserve are doing to us.

Returning to a gold and/or silver standard makes your currency inflation-proof. So long as one dollar is always worth X quantity of gold or silver, its actual value remains unchanged.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:00 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
My challenge is the same today as it has been since the beginning of the election cycle. If you people are so smart and experienced in politics, then do me a favor and define the differences between Obama and your favorite candidate when it comes to policy, and i am referring to anything and everything but the obvious social policy differences. Go ahead all you political experts, what are the significant policy differences between them? Foreign policy? Domestic policy? Monetary policy? .... Anyone?
That is a big challenge it is easier for them to pick a candidate that is backed by the banksters and corporations. After doing so pat themselves on the back on how they made a difference

Old 03-09-2012, 05:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Older and more experienced? Older for sure, more experienced? In what ... Making bad political decisions and failing to learn from them?

It has nothing to do with age except for people who are afraid of losing whatever benefits or entitlements they think they deserve for whatever reasons.

Why don't you answer my previous question about the policy differences between your preferred republican candidate and Obama, on anything but social policies?
I didn't answer it because there is no point in doing so. But, since you asked again I will give you some differences. You can take them or leave them. Of course you seem to think there is one candidate that is perfect, in fact you might think he is God. I happen to think there is never one perfect anything. Paul has some good ideas but not enough, in my estimation, to offset the bad ones.

Mr choice:

Believes Isreal is a friend of ours:
Does not support the DreamAct, but does believe in some adjustments
Does not believe in amnesty for all.
Wants to expand drilling and the pipe line in America
Knows the importance in working with both parties
would repeal Obamacare, or reform it.

Obama:
doesn't know what he believes about Isreal
Supports the DreamAct
Would give blanket amnesty if he could get away with it
Wants any kind of energy other than gas, including natural gas
only wants to work with the other party if they agree with him 100%
would like to see Obamacare even go further.

Now can someone please tell me how to get the ignore thing to work. I have never hit is before, but will now if I can.

Nita

Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
I was just curious how many people here who believe Dr. Paul is a loony will be sorry and regret that they did not listen to him when the dollar collapses. I will revisit this thread when it finally happens and see how people responded before the fact, and compare it to how they respond after it happens.

So what do you think, will you regret having ignored Dr. Paul when the dolla collapses?
Doomsday prepper much????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections