U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,888,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ahhhh, you seem to forget the many posts by many posters here stating in detail why they disagree with Pauls ideas, isit selective reading or is it simply repeating the false manatra that no one ever discusses the policies but always the man. Yes, fewer discuss them now, once the fanatics among his fans scream how those that dare disagree with Paul hate Freedom, are Warmongers, and are evil in the flesh one stops attempting to discuss anything with them, why waste the effort. Yes, there are some rational Paul supporters here, you, moving, and handful of others come to mind, the problem is you all get overshaddowed by the vocal fanatics among his supporters, it has not helped your cause, is what it is. Anyway, the fact is I have seen very few posts where anyone said something bad about the man himself, he seems like a nice guy to me. It is all about his policies that is the issue.
No I am not forgetting those. Generalizing is just that.

However, I don't buy your excuse of blaming RP supporters for lack of clarity in stating what one believes.

I can however, completely empathize w/ the stress or frustration one might feel in some discussions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 11:19 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,006,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
No I am not forgetting those. Generalizing is just that.

However, I don't buy your excuse of blaming RP supporters for lack of clarity in stating what one believes.

I can however, completely empathize w/ the stress or frustration one might feel in some discussions.
I am not blaming supporters for the lack of stating Paulís ideas clearly, and those that are really interested can easily find more than a few websites that state Paulís ideas clearly and in detail to go along with the information posted by Paul supporters. It is when I did that myself and thought about his ideas and their impacts on the areas they concern that made up my mind that Paul was not the person I wanted running the Nation. As I have stated many times, there are ideas he has that I do agree with, but those that I disagree with are show stoppers for me.
As for this supporters, maybe if more of them were more like yourself, moving and a few others here that can discuss the pros and cons of Paulís ideas you might have more luck convincing more Voters that he is the person to support. Never forget that for everyone that posts their own ideas here there are often Hundreds and sometimes Thousands of readers that never post their view points but come here in an attempt to get a better feel for what people are saying about specific candidates. That can be a good thing or it can be bad, when readers see a number of supporters going over the edge in their attacks on those that dare question anything to do with Paul they will often conclude that those supporters reflect the average Paul supporter and in turn come away with a negative view of the candidate. I know that for some that are all pumped up to support a particular candidate it can be frustrating to see others not see the same qualities they do but the answer to drawing more supporters is not to attack others simply for disagreeing. I will put it this way, for those I am speaking of, try being more like the Man you are supporting, calm, courteous and to the point with the facts as you see them, in other words try taking the high road, it is one of the things that even those that do not support Paulís bid for the Whitehouse admire about the man. Enough said.
Peace

Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 AM

12,050 posts, read 11,114,494 times
I watched the clip. Very interesting. Either Ron Paul is a political insurgent genius, or his crazy conspiracy theory thinking is infecting his campaign.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:54 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,888,963 times
Quote:
I am not blaming supporters for the lack of stating Paulís ideas clearly, and those that are really interested can easily find more than a few websites that state Paulís ideas clearly and in detail to go along with the information posted by Paul supporters. It is when I did that myself and thought about his ideas and their impacts on the areas they concern that made up my mind that Paul was not the person I wanted running the Nation. As I have stated many times, there are ideas he has that I do agree with, but those that I disagree with are show stoppers for me.
As for this supporters, maybe if more of them were more like yourself, moving and a few others here that can discuss the pros and cons of Paulís ideas you might have more luck convincing more Voters that he is the person to support. Never forget that for everyone that posts their own ideas here there are often Hundreds and sometimes Thousands of readers that never post their view points but come here in an attempt to get a better feel for what people are saying about specific candidates. That can be a good thing or it can be bad, when readers see a number of supporters going over the edge in their attacks on those that dare question anything to do with Paul they will often conclude that those supporters reflect the average Paul supporter and in turn come away with a negative view of the candidate. I know that for some that are all pumped up to support a particular candidate it can be frustrating to see others not see the same qualities they do but the answer to drawing more supporters is not to attack others simply for disagreeing. I will put it this way, for those I am speaking of, try being more like the Man you are supporting, calm, courteous and to the point with the facts as you see them, in other words try taking the high road, it is one of the things that even those that do not support Paulís bid for the Whitehouse admire about the man. Enough said.
Peace
I don't really base my view of someone on how another person behaves, but I have no problem sticking to articulation of issues.

Unfortunately, far too little of this seems to go on. I see it from many, so I just don't buy into the RP attribute for this. I have seen plenty of alternate behaviors coming widely from across the political support spectrum.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,240,304 times
If you've followed Ron Paul over the years I don't think you'd describe him as a man who has high values, or "morals." Dirty tricks is what he's accustomed to. He's a entrenched Washington "insider" who knows how to play the game.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:33 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,006,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I don't really base my view of someone on how another person behaves, but I have no problem sticking to articulation of issues.

Unfortunately, far too little of this seems to go on. I see it from many, so I just don't buy into the RP attribute for this. I have seen plenty of alternate behaviors coming widely from across the political support spectrum.
True. But it is up the posters (us) to try and ignore it all and stick to discussing the issues. I for one have learned a lot about different topics by posting and reading on discussion boards over the years, and guess what sometimes I even learn things from people that hold very different political points of view from myself.
Any we can only try.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:04 PM

11,327 posts, read 5,931,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
If you've followed Ron Paul over the years I don't think you'd describe him as a man who has high values, or "morals." Dirty tricks is what he's accustomed to. He's a entrenched Washington "insider" who knows how to play the game.
That shows very clearly that you have no idea what you are talking about. He has very strong morals. As a doctor he has even practiced medicine for free to help folks in need, that alone proves that you either have zero idea what you are talking about, or your only objective is to lie and be intentionally misleading.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 AM

6,936 posts, read 7,240,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
That shows very clearly that you have no idea what you are talking about. He has very strong morals. As a doctor he has even practiced medicine for free to help folks in need, that alone proves that you either have zero idea what you are talking about, or your only objective is to lie and be intentionally misleading.
Well, rather than walk around like the Maoists did ... this time with a "Ron Says" book in my hand ... I actualll read, investigate and form my own opinion. It's a very healthy exercise. Oh, and I don't wear rose-colored glassess either.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:36 AM

11,327 posts, read 5,931,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Well, rather than walk around like the Maoists did ... this time with a "Ron Says" book in my hand ... I actualll read, investigate and form my own opinion. It's a very healthy exercise. Oh, and I don't wear rose-colored glassess either.
Thats cute and all, but yes, facts are your friend...seek them out and you will be better off.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 AM

26,623 posts, read 11,152,317 times
Quote:
True. But it is up the posters (us) to try and ignore it all and stick to discussing the issues. I for one have learned a lot about different topics by posting and reading on discussion boards over the years, and guess what sometimes I even learn things from people that hold very different political points of view from myself.
Any we can only try.
You don't learn enough and too often you don't address the points in the posts. But other than that ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or