U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:21 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,290,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
He has a good chance of winning NC. NC is more Democratic now because many thousands of new transplants have moved into that state. He can win either that or Ohio and still win because he is going to win Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan
Oblama has no chance in Wisconsin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 09:39 AM

1,182 posts, read 981,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Oblama has no chance in Wisconsin.
No chance? So EVERY poll taken there is wrong?? He has an excellent chance

RealClearPolitics - Wisconsin: Obama vs. Republicans

Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,290,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
No chance? So EVERY poll taken there is wrong?? He has an excellent chance

RealClearPolitics - Wisconsin: Obama vs. Republicans
None of those polls are really relevant at this point. Wisconsin now has voter ID, so Democrat voter fraud in Milwaukee and Madison just won't work this time.

Obama will lose Wisconsin.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 AM

9,338 posts, read 9,474,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
you can throw around maps all you want, but this far out it's really just a wild guess to try and determine what's going to happen months from now. with the possibility of a major candidate from americans elect there may be a split vote on either the D or R side. barring that, i think this is what we're looking at:

north carolina and indiana are out of the picture this election cycle.

here's the swing states that could easily go republican this year:

ohio
florida
colorado
iowa
virginia

these could swing into the red column, but it's an uphill battle:

new hampshire
new mexico
nevada
pennsylvania
Massachusetts

i don't think obama's going to pick up any states, although there is a possibility looking at arizona with an influx of new immigrants.
thats IF Romney gets the Nomination.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
you can throw around maps all you want, but this far out it's really just a wild guess to try and determine what's going to happen months from now. with the possibility of a major candidate from americans elect there may be a split vote on either the D or R side. barring that, i think this is what we're looking at:

north carolina and indiana are out of the picture this election cycle.

here's the swing states that could easily go republican this year:

ohio
florida
colorado
iowa
virginia

these could swing into the red column, but it's an uphill battle:

new hampshire
new mexico
nevada
pennsylvania

i don't think obama's going to pick up any states, although there is a possibility looking at arizona with an influx of new immigrants.
Ohio and Virgina could go red. Iowa is certain red. Florida is a toss up but since I think Rubio will be Romney's VP choice, I am putting that state in the red column. Colorado, Nevada and Pennsylvania will vote for Obama.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
None of those polls are really relevant at this point. Wisconsin now has voter ID, so Democrat voter fraud in Milwaukee and Madison just won't work this time.

Obama will lose Wisconsin.
Obama will win Wisconsin by 4 points. I predict it now. Unless something goes seriously wrong with the country between now and November. There is no state in the upper midwest that the reds will get except Indiana and maybe Ohio.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The problem with your "most probable scenario" is Colorado. Obama picked up a number of Red states because the Bush years were awful and Colorado was just one example.

A more likely scenario: 2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

And you gotta admit that would be a lot funnier than the "most probable scenario you offered.

I wouldn't say Obama has a lock on Ohio. Far from it. But I do think it would be very funny to have a history-making tie vote. That's too much fun!!
In my view Obama can win either Ohio or North Carolina and win. Ohio depends on turn out. There are more Democrats there but Republicans that dominate the lower third of the state around Cincinatti and Dayton tend to turn out. What we have to do is make sure people in Cleveland, Toledo and Columbus turn out and that is often a battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or