Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 05:07 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,520,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I don't care much for Romney, but damn is that dude handsome. And now I hear he is 65?! He is twenty years older than me, and dang, he leaves me in the dust. Good think Mrs. Fiddlehead likes the plump, hirsute types.

Anyhow, he seems pretty smart and spry. Age is not an issue. Too bad he is not very compelling otherwise. I'll stick with Mr. O.

Is Romney naturally "preserved," or have tweaks been made?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 05:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Is Romney naturally "preserved," or have tweaks been made?
who knows and what difference does it make?

Old 03-08-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Obama is already three heads and six shoulders better than Bush Sr., GW Bush, Nixon, and Eisenhower. Reagan is the most overrated president in our history. Voodoonomics anyone? Dementia? And besides if Reagan is alive today his belief places him solidly as a Democrat. Obama is already better than Reagan, conservatives is just too blind to see it.

Carter, as bad as he was, still much, much, much better than the Bushes and Nixon.

Throw in JKF and Clinton into the mix along with Obama and there is NO contest. The younger ones are just better.

Have you ever heard the phrase, in my opion or the letters IMHO? That is what you are giving, your opinion, many, if not most would not agree with you.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Have you ever heard the phrase, in my opion or the letters IMHO? That is what you are giving, your opinion, many, if not most would not agree with you.
LOL. Let's see, this is a forum, I made a post... and you still need me to clarify that what I wrote is my opinion? You mean to tell me that you didn't know it was my opinion?

Do you also need me to clarify what thread I was replying to or what language I am using?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:28 AM

53 posts, read 34,053 times
This campaign is aging him.

Fortunate son isn't used to street fights like this.

You go, Newton and Richard!!!

Take this bad boy all the way to that convention floor in Tampa

Old 03-08-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Ron View Post
This campaign is aging him.

Fortunate son isn't used to street fights like this.

You go, Newton and Richard!!!

Take this bad boy all the way to that convention floor in Tampa
of course it is aging him, campaiging is tough time. Ask anyone who has done advance work for a politician running for Pres; ask anyone who has for even a local office. It can be really grueling. Then look at what happens to a person after they are elected.

Nita

Old 03-08-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
LOL. Let's see, this is a forum, I made a post... and you still need me to clarify that what I wrote is my opinion? You mean to tell me that you didn't know it was my opinion?

Do you also need me to clarify what thread I was replying to or what language I am using?

There is still a difference between fact and opinion. When someone starts spouting off about this person is so superior to another, they need to admit it is opinion or base it on fact. Fact says, your opinion probably isn't quite the same as the majority, even the historians might not agree with you.

Can you give us a few examples as to why you think Obama is head and shoulders above Eisenhower for starters? How about Clinton, what did he do that puts him at the top of the list, same with JFK. He was young, attractive, had a family and a wonderful personality, as a Pres, what did he do that stands out in your mind? What do you remember about him that was so special? What did you know or do you know about Eisenhower? You obviously don't know much about Reagan either...Was he a Christian consrvative? No, was he a conservative, in most ways yes but he knew what battles to fight, he had to work with a Democrat congress and he knew when to compomise. This is why he was so popular in our country and throughout the world. He made people proud to be Americans. (of course not everyone would agree, but a good majority would)

Nita

Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,625,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
....sniped...My vote for is for Obama again and no it's not because he is Black, that has to be the silliest thing I've read on these boards. We old white folks want the best guy, color has nothing to do with it. I was for Hillery before she was out, because I felt it was about time we have a women president and she would have made a great one. I did hate that she forgave Bill (who I loved) as president, but hated as a husband. ANYpresidents personal life is none of our business,,on the right or left imo.

Debbie
there are two contradictions in this post.....LOL. Color didn't matter but gender did....

I voted for Obama and probably would have voted more readily for Hillary had she stayed in. And, yes, I voted for Obama because he was black, he appeared intelligient. I am sorry I did because I am not happy with his track record and I cannot stand to hear him talk.

Hillary, I think, has found being on the front line and not behind the throne is more exhausting than she realized and that is why she said she was going to retire after this stint. I see pictures of her where she looks so tired, it makes me feel sorry for her. I do think she is trying.

I'm going for Romney and I will never vote for Rubio.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:49 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,226,366 times
Quote:
There is still a difference between fact and opinion. When someone starts spouting off about this person is so superior to another, they need to admit it is opinion or base it on fact. Fact says, your opinion probably isn't quite the same as the majority, even the historians might not agree with you.
There is ALWAYS a difference between facts and opinion. But if you cannot tell the difference, that's strictly your problem. I can try to help you out by stating each but you do realize that it is catering to the lowest denominator?

What I concluded was based on facts. It's fact-based opinion. It's also obvious to people who's being subjective. Now, that's an opinion in case you are wondering which is which.

Quote:
Can you give us a few examples as to why you think Obama is head and shoulders above Eisenhower for starters? How about Clinton, what did he do that puts him at the top of the list, same with JFK. He was young, attractive, had a family and a wonderful personality, as a Pres, what did he do that stands out in your mind? What do you remember about him that was so special? What did you know or do you know about Eisenhower? You obviously don't know much about Reagan either...Was he a Christian consrvative? No, was he a conservative, in most ways yes but he knew what battles to fight, he had to work with a Democrat congress and he knew when to compomise. This is why he was so popular in our country and throughout the world. He made people proud to be Americans. (of course not everyone would agree, but a good majority would)

Nita
Eisenhower isn't known as the "Do-nothing president" for nothing (no pun intended). He build a lot of things, I suppose. And you could argue that a "Do-nothing" is exactly what this country needed at that time. But Obama is the "Get Things Done" president. It's no contest.

Reagan? Borrow and Spend "Voodoonomics" (Bush Sr.'s words, not mine)? The recession in the 90s was directly tied to his bonehead economic policy. By his second term, was already suffering from deep dementia. You could argue that he did alright for a guy half-way to losing his mind. I think of him as abscend minded and too easily influenced by people with agenda. By his second term, he lost his subordinates and they didn't have respect for him, in fact they didn't even see him as the president - they ran around behind his back and did horrible things, the result? Iran Contra. Any president who couldn't even command respect from his own staff is not a good president any way you slice it.

He was very charismatic and he was very likable and funny. The majority of the people like the Reagan that they see on TV, but that's just a persona. The real Reagan is a senile old man who couldn't keep his kids from causing havoc. That Reagan is the wizard behind the curtain so to speak.

Reagan was good at compromising. I'll give him that. But that alone doesn't make him a great president. And the problem with all the Republican presidential candidates since then is that they possess most of the bad qualities of Reagan and none of the good.

Clinton is simply one of the best to have ever lead this country, period. You may not like Clinton the person, but Clinton the president is nothing less than extraordinary. He fixed what Reagan and Bush Sr. broke. He fixed the economy, balanced the budget, gave this country a surplus, and on top of that, was widely popular around the world. Reagan may have made Americans proud to be Americans. But Clinton made foreigners respect and love Americans. I know because I was overseas at that time.

Last edited by beb0p; 03-09-2012 at 02:27 AM..

Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
As a 60 year old white female myself, I will never vote for and old fart, like Paul or Mc Cain for example. 65 is the top age limit I would vote for in a president, and they would need to be in good shape.

My vote for is for Obama again and no it's not because he is Black, that has to be the silliest thing I've read on these boards. We old white folks want the best guy, color has nothing to do with it. I was for Hillery before she was out, because I felt it was about time we have a women president and she would have made a great one. I did hate that she forgave Bill (who I loved) as president, but hated as a husband. ANYpresidents personal life is none of our business,,on the right or left imo.

Debbie
This is good to know because Hillary Clinton will be an old fart in 2016 at 69 so I'm thinking we don't have to worry about her running. She's too old for Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections