U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 05:37 PM

3,240 posts, read 3,287,914 times

Advertisements

I don't think it means anything. People voted in the Democratic primary for a number of local races, like if you live in a heavily Democratic city like Cleveland, winning the primary is tantamount to winning the election in most local elections. Also, Dennis Kucinich and Marcy Kaptur had a competitive primary for their Congressional seat. I intend to vote in the Maryland Dem primary even though Obama is unopposed because I need to vote for local candidates like County council and state representatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 05:57 PM

22,896 posts, read 16,285,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I think that's the point, that half a million supporters came out to vote for him when they didn't need to.
Yup.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:06 PM

9,958 posts, read 7,599,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Nobody can really be this ignorant... seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Republican party is going down in flames...lashing out will not change that fact.

The GOP is so dysfunctional that they could not scrounge up ONE decent candidate to run against President Obama. I laugh out loud every time I see one of their candidates. I also enjoy watching the GOP slugfest. Priceless.
Never mind, I guess I was wrong.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 PM

72,014 posts, read 83,688,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
And there isn't even a contest on the Dem side! LMAO! GOP candidates = clowns.

President Obama 547,588

Flip-Flop Romney 456,205
Frothy Mix 445,697

ENR - My Results
actually considering he there are no other Democrats running this is not good news for him. He should have gotten almost twice as many votes as he got.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,610,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, the OP is pretty bogus - BUT, where do you get "The OH GOP primary surpassed the turnout from 2008"? Everything I see says the opposite:

"Despite warm weather, voter turnout came in under 25 percent, lower than expected, said Jeff Matthews, director of the Stark County Board of Elections. Officials anticipated a 30 to 35 percent turnout."

Low voter turnout story of 2012 primary - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

Voter turnout low during Ohio primary - FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather & Sports

Ohio polls seeing light turnout | www.whiotv.com

etc, etc, etc - over and over again, I read reports of light turnout.

I know the GOP says turnout was high, but no one else - including poll workers themselves - seems to back them up on that (at least that I've seen).

Ken
My GOD, how many times must I give you the link from the 2008 election, showing 1,043,007 voters and the 2012 election, showing 1,187,000 voters?

Do you ever read the responses from the posts you quote?

One more time;

2008 primary;

Election Center 2008: Primary Results - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com

2012 primary;

Primaries - State Results - Election Center 2012 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Can you count the totals up yourself?

I guess the OFFICIAL numbers don't matter if one or two counties report below average turnout, right?

Old 03-07-2012, 08:27 PM

19,872 posts, read 22,795,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
My GOD, how many times must I give you the link from the 2008 election, showing 1,043,007 voters and the 2012 election, showing 1,187,000 voters?

Do you ever read the responses from the posts you quote?

One more time;

2008 primary;

Election Center 2008: Primary Results - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com

2012 primary;

Primaries - State Results - Election Center 2012 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Can you count the totals up yourself?

I guess the OFFICIAL numbers don't matter if one or two counties report below average turnout, right?
MY GOD, did you not notice that TWO people ALREADY responded to me with that info - and I even REP'ed them for it - though in fairness to you I did neglect to POST a reply (and of course you can't see the REP I gave them).

It was JUST a question - and no, I didn't see that info from you already. EXCUSE ME!

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or