U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 04:38 PM

4,390 posts, read 4,210,148 times

Advertisements

MIT Professor Noam Chomsky has endorsed Jill Stein for President of the United States. He made his endorsement in a letter sent to Green Party members in advance of today's Massachusetts presidential primary. The letter reads:

"I hope you’ll take the opportunity of the March 6th Green-Rainbow primary to cast a vote for resurgent democracy. A democracy that thrives outside of the Democratic and Republican Parties that are sponsored by and subservient to corporate America. And I hope you will consider joining me in supporting Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein – both with your vote and with a contribution to her campaign for people, peace and the planet.

As you know, popular anger at the political and economic institutions, and the subordination of the former to the latter, has reached historic heights. And for sound reasons. There could hardly be a better time to open up political debate to the just anger and frustrations of citizens who are watching the country move towards what might be irreversible decline while a tiny sector of concentrated wealth and power implements policies of benefit to them and opposed by the general population, whom they are casting adrift.

Jill Stein’s campaign is unifying the national Green Party, and ensuring that an urgently needed voice for democracy and justice will have a place on the ballot in the November election. Please join me in supporting Jill on March 6, and
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 04:42 PM

1,347 posts, read 921,081 times
I've been supporting Roseanne Barr for the Green nomination. I guess he and I will have to disagree.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...for-president/

Old 03-07-2012, 05:19 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,181,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I've been supporting Roseanne Barr for the Green nomination. I guess he and I will have to disagree.

Jokes Aside, Roseanne Barr for President - ABC News
Whoever the strongest candidate would be - that's who I support for the Green Party nomination.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:23 PM

Jill Stern seems to be leading in the primaries

Results from yesterday’s Green Party primary in Massachusetts haven’t officially been tallied, but we already know presidential candidate Roseanne Barr didn’t pick up any of its 11 delegates. She didn’t get on the state ballot in time.

Having accumulated six delegates from the party’s four previous state races (IL, OH, WI, AZ), the iconic sitcom mom was holding onto second place — right behind frontrunner and Lexington, Mass native Dr. Jill Stein, who has a blowout lead with 27 delegates. (Again, MA results not yet included.)

Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Whoever the strongest candidate would be - that's who I support for the Green Party nomination.
I have nothing against Roseanne Barr and admittedly I have not read what she stands for either, but to me I just cannot see her as being electable no matter how qualified she may be.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:38 PM

845 posts, read 1,441,930 times
I will most likely be voting for Jill Stein. It looks to me like she will probably get the nomination. She has my vote unless an independent jumps in the race who is more electable but completely comparable on the issues.

I wonder if someone like Dennis Kucinich, who just competed and lost in the Democratic primary in my district, would consider an independent candidacy. He has the national name recognition, so the mainstream media couldn't completely ignore him if he took the independent route all the way to the general election. Just a thought. I don't love Kucinich, but at least he's an actual liberal.

But regardless, for now, Stein 2012!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:07 AM

5,886 posts, read 4,176,597 times
Well once Ron Paul drops out and unless he runs 3rd party I'll be voting for Rocky Anderson.

Rocky Anderson, Our President 2012 Official Website

Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
I will most likely be voting for Jill Stein. It looks to me like she will probably get the nomination. She has my vote unless an independent jumps in the race who is more electable but completely comparable on the issues.

I wonder if someone like Dennis Kucinich, who just competed and lost in the Democratic primary in my district, would consider an independent candidacy. He has the national name recognition, so the mainstream media couldn't completely ignore him if he took the independent route all the way to the general election. Just a thought. I don't love Kucinich, but at least he's an actual liberal.

But regardless, for now, Stein 2012!
It would be nice to see these two team up in some way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections