Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:11 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyAbyss View Post
They are also turning on Romney. Ron Paul is 2nd in delegates. The establishment is scared.
I have tried to get real numbers on delegates. I posted some links I found, but I haven't seen those numbers you have. Where did they come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 03:15 PM

11 posts, read 7,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I have tried to get real numbers on delegates. I posted some links I found, but I haven't seen those numbers you have. Where did they come from?
I did a search and they came from sources at the Ron Paul campaign. Before the troll posts start, I don't think Ron Paul would still be in the race if he was lying about the real delegate count. He's in first or second place and MCM doesn't want people to find out.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I did a search and they came from sources at the Ron Paul campaign. Before the troll posts start, I don't think Ron Paul would still be in the race if he was lying about the real delegate count. He's in first or second place and MCM doesn't want people to find out.
Well I don't think they are lying. What is sad is how lacking in transparency and accountability our system is.

Projections are not really represented as such. Just presenting the information accurately w/ full disclosure would be a nice change of pace.

Last edited by CDusr; 03-09-2012 at 03:41 PM..

Old 03-09-2012, 03:24 PM

11 posts, read 7,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Well I don't think they are lying what is sad is how lacking in transparency and accountability our system is.

Projections are not really represented as such. Just presenting the information accurately w/ full disclosure would be a nice change of pace.
Don't believe what you see on the news. No one knows the actual delegate count. What's reported in the media are estimates that are reached by doing proportional allocations in states where delegates are not allocated proportionately. No one in the media has the actual count for these unbound delegates.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Don't believe what you see on the news. No one knows the actual delegate count. What's reported in the media are estimates that are reached by doing proportional allocations in states where delegates are not allocated proportionately. No one in the media has the actual count for these unbound delegates.
The reality check vid w/ Ben Swann showed this pretty clearly. That is my point exactly, is that information is misrepresented on a large scale.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Tell you what you want to hear, but never the entire truth..... Sales 101

Old 03-09-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Tell you what you want to hear, but never the entire truth..... Sales 101
Yes, terms like market share and marketing sound so much better than manipulation and misrepresentation. (lol)

Old 03-09-2012, 08:14 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:

Ron Paul may try to go against the will of the voters in an anti-democracy move of playing the loopholes to get delegates that he didn't win. However, just over 75% of the delegates are tied directly to things like the actual vote. This is why Ron Paul admitted on CNN that he would have to start winning some states to stand a chance.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:34 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Ron Paul is gaining almost all of the delegates in the caucus states. It's a 2 man race but mainstream doesn't want you to know that.
Sure, I am not doubting you that Ron Paul is stealing delegates away from the will of the voters. Ron Paul gives a crap about principles of democracy and the will of the voters - he is simply a politician.

My question is, 75% of the delegates are directly tied to the voters...as in he can't play shenanigans with 3/4ths of the delegates. How will Ron Paul win if he is in 4th place in the popular votes and can't get the delegates that are directly tied to the popular vote of the state unlike the caucus ones? Fact is he will have to win a few states - as Ron Paul admitted.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:37 PM

1,013 posts, read 909,742 times

Ron Paul's Reaction to Jobs Report CNBC 3-9-12 - YouTube

watch this.

Ron Paul does mention something strange about voting.

MORE PEOPLE WENT TO THE RALLIES THAN VOTED?
ron paul "can put 4000 people in a precinct and get only 2000 votes?"
if that is true like WTF.

AND ALSO wtf santorum has more youth voters than ron paul WTF IS GOING ON THAT has to be FAKE.

I can understand romney getting the shallow young vote but SANTORUM? REALLY? my god well i guess those that he attracted are really religious... didnt think young people were that religious in this country to the zealot level. oh sheesh.

who wants to guess what young voters are thinking when they voted santorum? maybe they really like his santorum? >.>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections