U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:37 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,884,939 times

Advertisements

"Moments before Gingrich was scheduled to address the same conference that hosted US President Barack Obama and Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu earlier this week, Gingrich got a wee bit tired and took to squeezing in an impromptu cat nap. ABC News had already started rolling on the GOP hopeful though, as his remote address was slated to be streamed live to the conference in Washington.

Over the course of a few minutes, Gingrich nodded in and out a few times, at one point awaking to say, “Listening to Panetta is not a relaxing experience.” Judging by ABC’s footage, it isn’t quite clear if Gingrich was discussing US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta with someone else in the studio before he started sleeping, or if the speaker had simply daydreamed about an intense diatribe from the Pentagon’s top gun."

Newt Gingrich dozes off during AIPAC address — RT

Newt, we all take naps when you speak, glad you decided to join us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 PM

13,591 posts, read 7,424,969 times
Video montage: U.S. politicians sleeping at inappropriate timesFunny. It has to suck to be onstage and not be able to keep your eyelids open...must not close eyes...must not close eyes...
Here is a little montage of a few politicians who have succombed to Mr. Sandman:

Last edited by shadowne; 03-08-2012 at 10:01 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 PM

14,320 posts, read 15,140,911 times
I remember seeing former President Clinton dozing off at a former President's funeral.

When you're sleepy, you're sleepy. No big deal.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:29 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,261,903 times
Good, I like him more. AIPAC speeches are boring as hell.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 PM

13,591 posts, read 7,424,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I remember seeing former President Clinton dozing off at a former President's funeral.

When you're sleepy, you're sleepy. No big deal.
I believe that one is in the clip I posted. Joe Biden napping during Pres. Obama's deficit speech too. The lady sleeping behind Biden almost fell over onto him.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 PM

29,419 posts, read 18,736,004 times
I remember once I nodded off in basic training in one of the hour long classroom sessions about nothing. The drill seargent drug me out into the yard and made me do pushups and stood over me and told me he'd kill me if we were in combat together. LOL. Maybe we need drill sergeants to keep these politicians in line.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:33 AM

11,102 posts, read 13,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I remember once I nodded off in basic training in one of the hour long classroom sessions about nothing. The drill seargent drug me out into the yard and made me do pushups and stood over me and told me he'd kill me if we were in combat together. LOL. Maybe we need drill sergeants to keep these politicians in line.
I remember teachers kicking the bottom of my desk when I found sociology class to boring to stay awake in.

Dozing off at AIPAC doesn't make Newt a bad guy,the millions of other scummy things he has done make him a bad guy.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:37 AM

2,004 posts, read 1,321,916 times
I honestly can't be mad about this. Campaigns set schedules that really test the limits of human endurance, and so you sometimes get someone groggy, falling asleep, or with a cold or flu or some such.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:43 AM

14,078 posts, read 17,669,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

Our drills went around classrooms with M-16 cleaning rods. A nodding trainee got a pretty good tap on his helmet and an offer to stand at the back of the room.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 AM

14,078 posts, read 17,669,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Moments before Gingrich was scheduled to address the same conference that hosted US President Barack Obama and Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu earlier this week, Gingrich got a wee bit tired and took to squeezing in an impromptu cat nap. ABC News had already started rolling on the GOP hopeful though, as his remote address was slated to be streamed live to the conference in Washington.

Over the course of a few minutes, Gingrich nodded in and out a few times, at one point awaking to say, “Listening to Panetta is not a relaxing experience.” Judging by ABC’s footage, it isn’t quite clear if Gingrich was discussing US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta with someone else in the studio before he started sleeping, or if the speaker had simply daydreamed about an intense diatribe from the Pentagon’s top gun."

Newt Gingrich dozes off during AIPAC address — RT

Newt, we all take naps when you speak, glad you decided to join us.

Gingrich is 68 years old and that's what old men do....we nod off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections