Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 04:51 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times

Advertisements

....I am not the least bit thrilled in any of our candidate choices for President. I was a strong supporter of Herman Cain, but we all know the end to that story.

However, I will vote for whomever runs against Obama for one single, solitary reason, which is the capital gains tax. If Obama is re-elected and the capital gains tax is raised from 15% to the top percentage bracket, it will simply crush our economy further.

Capital gains from stock dividends are the only income I have had for the past 4 years while trying to turn my construction company around. If the capital gains tax is raised, not only it will make it very diificult to support my family, but using those gains to keep my business open and keep people working will be impossible.

Many of you probably don't understand it, but an increase to the capital gains tax will deter investment in business, and will be a major setback to business owners everywhere who are the backbone of the economy. It will cost so many jobs it will most likely lead to a severe recession. Even if you are an Obama supporter, I urge you to study up on the capital gains tax, and at least voice your opposition to raising the capital gains tax to your Democratic Senators and Representatives. That's all I am asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 05:12 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Obama's plans are to slash taxes significantly for small business, the right, to raise them.

If you are able to live solely off of stock dividends, you're not exactly hurting

Old 03-09-2012, 05:14 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
....I am not the least bit thrilled in any of our candidate choices for President. I was a strong supporter of Herman Cain, but we all know the end to that story.

However, I will vote for whomever runs against Obama for one single, solitary reason, which is the capital gains tax. If Obama is re-elected and the capital gains tax is raised from 15% to the top percentage bracket, it will simply crush our economy further.

Capital gains from stock dividends are the only income I have had for the past 4 years while trying to turn my construction company around. If the capital gains tax is raised, not only it will make it very diificult to support my family, but using those gains to keep my business open and keep people working will be impossible.

Many of you probably don't understand it, but an increase to the capital gains tax will deter investment in business, and will be a major setback to business owners everywhere who are the backbone of the economy. It will cost so many jobs it will most likely lead to a severe recession. Even if you are an Obama supporter, I urge you to study up on the capital gains tax, and at least voice your opposition to raising the capital gains tax to your Democratic Senators and Representatives. That's all I am asking.
It's hard to take anyone seriously who "was a strong supporter for Herman Cain."

I don't think that even Herman Cain was serious about Herman Cain for President.

999? Bills only three pages long? Virtually no campaign staff? These are not the thoughts and actions of a serious candidate.

He was on a book tour, and still is. He was not really serious about becoming President, and I seriously question anyone's judgement who was serious about supporting Herman Cain for President.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:16 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post

His plan is to raise it up to 20% which would hurt you and be of no help to the economy. I would safely call it a redistribution of wealth which Obama supports, he would take money from one sector and invest it in another. Most likely in green energy and of course with a further slowing of the economy social programs.

I wonder if his economic advisers have thought if they try this that people would draw down their investments before it took effect. Lets see,should I cash out my investments now and take a 15% hit or wait next month and take 20%. Hmm, I wonder what that will do to the stock market?

Old 03-09-2012, 05:32 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
It's hard to take anyone seriously who "was a strong supporter for Herman Cain."

I don't think that even Herman Cain was serious about Herman Cain for President.

999? Bills only three pages long? Virtually no campaign staff? These are not the thoughts and actions of a serious candidate.

He was on a book tour, and still is. He was not really serious about becoming President, and I seriously question anyone's judgement who was serious about supporting Herman Cain for President.
boom goes the dynamite!

It's amazing to me how anyone could take a candidate seriously whose economic policy was based on a video game ...

Old 03-09-2012, 05:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Obama's plans are to slash taxes significantly for small business, the right, to raise them.

If you are able to live solely off of stock dividends, you're not exactly hurting
oh Pleeeeeese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 05:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

Why would you say that? He may not have had a storng organization, but look where he started? He was serious, and yes, he wanted to sell his book, is there anything wrong with either of these things?

Some women, mose probably set ups, decided to make sure he didn't go any further, so they jumped in, maybe legit, maybe not, we sill never know. End of story.

BTW, I was not a supporter of his, I still think you are off base. He did have ideas, give him credit for that and he was the first candidate to come forward with them...

Why do I get the idea you wouldn't support any Republican?

Nita

Old 03-09-2012, 05:47 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
boom goes the dynamite!

It's amazing to me how anyone could take a candidate seriously whose economic policy was based on a video game ...

He really liked that game.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:59 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

If you were paying any attention at all you would know that Obama's budget called for the largest tax increase in history. If his lackeys somehow got control of congress those increases would all pass. Thank God the GOP has the house.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why would you say that? He may not have had a storng organization, but look where he started? He was serious, and yes, he wanted to sell his book, is there anything wrong with either of these things?

Some women, mose probably set ups, decided to make sure he didn't go any further, so they jumped in, maybe legit, maybe not, we sill never know. End of story.

BTW, I was not a supporter of his, I still think you are off base. He did have ideas, give him credit for that and he was the first candidate to come forward with them...

Why do I get the idea you wouldn't support any Republican?

Nita

This tirade in support of the most flawed character the GOP presented in the current field of candidates lends credence to the moniker flying over the GOP "way out in left field".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections