Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 02:27 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Looks like Mitt will walk away empty handed from Kansas. He will fail to get the minimum 20% needed to be awarded any.
Congratulations, not only do you look silly on this thread for criticizing Romney for something that was also true of your guy Obama and then brushing it off as irrelevant and so long ago (the last election - really?)....but Romney just pulled up to 21% and will get more delegates on the day than Santorum if this holds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 02:27 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well come back on tuesday if and when its a fact,I doubt the contest hinges on
Kansas.
It would take an act of God to stop Romney they say. It's about momentum. Can the conservatives get enough delegates to stop Massachusetts progressive Mitt from taking it? It would be nice if Newt would quit, but even with him, if Romney continues to poll below 30% it goes into overtime in Tampa.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:33 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It would take an act of God to stop Romney they say. It's about momentum. Can the conservatives get enough delegates to stop Massachusetts progressive Mitt from taking it? It would be nice if Newt would quit, but even with him, if Romney continues to poll below 30% it goes into overtime in Tampa.

It hasn't been proven in polling that Newt getting out would help Santorum. It might actually help Romney. Most Newt voter's second choice it not Santorum.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:35 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
It hasn't been proven in polling that Newt getting out would help Santorum. It might actually help Romney. Most Newt voter's second choice it not Santorum.
These people don't care about facts. All they care about is spewing their hatred of Mitt Romney.

FYI to the Romney haters - Romney didn't campaign in Kansas at all, but it looks like he will still get some delegates. Newt didn't campaign at all in KS either. Santorum has been campaigning in KS a lot. And, since it was a caucus and not a primary, campaigning counts more. Santorum apparently felt like he had to campaign heavily in KS and that it was a "must win" for him. It's pretty sad if Kansas is a "must win."

Romney hasn't campaigned at all in the US territories he has won today by HUGE margins.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
So far with about 12% of precincts reporting, Santorum is dominating the rest of the field in Kansas with over 50% of the vote...
I doubt he will keep a lead anything like that, but he should it easily. For those of us who live near Kansas, we knew this was expected. Of course everyone still has to keep in mind, it is caucus and not a primary. I so wish we would go to all primaries and group them together, maybe in 4 or 5 regions.

Nita

Old 03-10-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I doubt he will keep a lead anything like that, but he should it easily. For those of us who live near Kansas, we knew this was expected. Of course everyone still has to keep in mind, it is caucus and not a primary. I so wish we would go to all primaries and group them together, maybe in 4 or 5 regions.

Nita
It is over. Santorum got over 50%. He beat Romney by 4:1 in Kansas City and by similar other margins in the "urban" areas of Kansas. This was a first class butt-kicking. Romney may not get any delegates at all out of 40 that were up for grabs. Huge day for the real Republicans.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:40 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
These people don't care about facts. All they care about is spewing their hatred of Mitt Romney.

FYI to the Romney haters - Romney didn't campaign in Kansas at all, but it looks like he will still get some delegates. Newt didn't campaign at all in KS either. Santorum has been campaigning in KS a lot. And, since it was a caucus, campaigning counts a lot.

Oh, facts are irritating to the propaganda spreaders, aren't they? lol. I forget.

I really think Newt getting out might help Romney.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I thought Ron Paul always gets all delegates from all caucuses?
not the ones that are rigged...

Old 03-10-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Oh, facts are irritating to the propaganda spreaders, aren't they? lol. I forget.

I really think Newt getting out might help Romney.
Oy! The spin is making me dizzy...

Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Why is Kansas so backwards?
They aren't backwards, they are just part of middle America which is neither Atheist or liberal....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections