U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:04 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,418,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I made it red, because he did.

Explain, how Ron Paul's strategy is not to subvert the will of the voters by having 4th place get the most delegates.
Explain how countering the obvious bias of mainstream Republicans (something you should be thankful for based on your obvious leanings) while working within the existing system is subverting the will of the voters.

Are you of the mind that only the candidates with the most money and those that best parrot the viewpoints of their side of our corrupt two party system deserve a shot at being elected?

It's little wonder there is no meaningful change in the political climate here. Even those on the other side clamor for the party they oppose to reject anyone that actually endorses change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 05:09 PM

1,013 posts, read 768,281 times
i bet the people complaining are the same people that would mean

"it is the fault of the voter for falling for fake advertisements by the powers that be, so they get what they wish for being brain washed slaves they are"

*nods* seems like it.

They cant think for themselves so need the television to think for them and they have no principles so go by the whims of peers hence 99% of these types of people are extremely lazy.

which is why i say the supporters of the 3 stooges are ones whom are too
immature/old= lazy/stubborn type people.

Age has nothing to do with it. its the way these people conduct themselves.
ill informed and stubborn oh also extremely selfish.

But anyway go ron paul. they play their games fine we will do our best to defeat these evil ones.
let the force be with us.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:10 PM

8,487 posts, read 5,888,343 times
Quote:
I made it red, because he did.

Explain, how Ron Paul's strategy is not to subvert the will of the voters by having 4th place get the most delegates.
I already pointed out that you imply intent. You do not know what this is. In fact, there is more supporting evidence, as to what the intent is, yet you redirect this intent to some subversive scheme or conspiracy.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:12 PM

71,711 posts, read 83,289,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelancholyBeast View Post
It looks like the possibility of no one getting enough delegates unless somebody drops out... I think the GOP wants a brokered convention... In which case Ron Paul will have final say and will name Rand Paul the nominee...
not at all even a possibility in my opinion. Frist of all, my guess is if Newt doesn't win Al and Misssissippi or one of the two on Tues he is gone and will give his support to Santorum. Still his delegates are bound, as I understand it to him, first round regardless. There are so many good Republicans in the back wings, Rand,even if you support him is still too controversial and too new to stand a snowballs chance in Hell of getting the nomination and why in the world would you think, in a million years Paul would have the final say?

Old 03-11-2012, 06:03 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,733,667 times
Does this really matter? Paul has been nothing but a huge loser in this campaign. I mean its sad to see someone lose that much. Pathetic.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:24 PM

16,885 posts, read 13,000,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Heck yeah, now Paul can be president of something. President of Clark County GOP, what a coup.

the primaries are not over yet.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:27 PM

16,705 posts, read 9,068,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
i bet the people complaining are the same people that would mean

"it is the fault of the voter for falling for fake advertisements by the powers that be, so they get what they wish for being brain washed slaves they are"

*nods* seems like it.

They cant think for themselves so need the television to think for them and they have no principles so go by the whims of peers hence 99% of these types of people are extremely lazy.

which is why i say the supporters of the 3 stooges are ones whom are too
immature/old= lazy/stubborn type people.

Age has nothing to do with it. its the way these people conduct themselves.
ill informed and stubborn oh also extremely selfish.

But anyway go ron paul. they play their games fine we will do our best to defeat these evil ones.
let the force be with us.

Here is a question: When someone is so arrogant that they believe anyone who thinks differently politically than them is flawed morally or intellectually -- do you think that that actually helps the political process?

Old 03-11-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I already pointed out that you imply intent. You do not know what this is. In fact, there is more supporting evidence, as to what the intent is, yet you redirect this intent to some subversive scheme or conspiracy.
You are telling me that the Ron Paul camp and Ron Paul himself isn't actually public about trying to secure more delegates even when they finish 3rd or 4th?

How can you have the moral high ground that is such a common theme with Paul fans when the goal goes against the will of the voters?

Old 03-11-2012, 06:30 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,418,280 times
Quote:
Here is a question: When someone is so arrogant that they believe anyone who thinks differently politically than them is flawed morally or intellectually -- do you think that that actually helps the political process?
Ask that question of your fellow liberals. They embody the movement you supposedly reject.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Ask that question of your fellow liberals. (?) They embody the movement you supposedly reject.
Yes there are people on all sides that are arrogant. I personally see more of it from Paul supporters than any of the other candidate's supporters from Obama to Santorum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or