U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2012, 04:45 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,121 posts, read 33,555,721 times
Reputation: 14136

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yawn, what is the point? Paul isn't going to win legitimately and he isn't going to win by hijacking the system. Paul hasn't shown widespread support anywhere and the party bosses aren't ignorant, they aren't going to nominate Paul just because he has a tiny group of rabid supporters.

Not that Obama wouldn't luv running against Paul and his racist past. It just ain't going to happen. Watch for Christie if the convention is deadlocked. I think the only reason he didn't get in the primaries is the stress of a long campaign on a man his size.

So, the guy with the most support and draws the biggest crowds, isn't going to win, because they are not going to let that happen, no matter how much corruption it takes to sweep under the rug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2012, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Hinckley Ohio
6,722 posts, read 4,417,073 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, the guy with the most support and draws the biggest crowds, isn't going to win, because they are not going to let that happen, no matter how much corruption it takes to sweep under the rug.
BINGO, we have a winner.

The metric you failed to mention, VOTERS THAT VOTED FOR HIM. Using that metric Paul is a distant 4th. Why would the GOP bosses install the worst candidate based on the only metric that matters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 06:38 PM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,681,989 times
Reputation: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, the guy with the most support and draws the biggest crowds, isn't going to win
Faulty premise, there is overwhelming evidence that he doesn't have the most support, nowhere near it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,554 posts, read 16,704,912 times
Reputation: 26110
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
i bet the people complaining are the same people that would mean

"it is the fault of the voter for falling for fake advertisements by the powers that be, so they get what they wish for being brain washed slaves they are"

*nods* seems like it.

They cant think for themselves so need the television to think for them and they have no principles so go by the whims of peers hence 99% of these types of people are extremely lazy.

which is why i say the supporters of the 3 stooges are ones whom are too
immature/old= lazy/stubborn type people.

Age has nothing to do with it. its the way these people conduct themselves.
ill informed and stubborn oh also extremely selfish.

But anyway go ron paul. they play their games fine we will do our best to defeat these evil ones.
let the force be with us.
Now, now, it's only fair if the others play their games. Ron Paul having any kind of success at all is JUST NOT FAIR!!!!!! Boo hoo!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 09:07 PM
 
3,083 posts, read 3,416,580 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Faulty premise, there is overwhelming evidence that he doesn't have the most support, nowhere near it.
Present verifiable data to support your assertions. I seriously doubt most of what you consider a valid and reliable source will resonate with those of us that are no longer mainstream Republikans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 02:29 AM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,229 posts, read 14,246,198 times
Reputation: 15719
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
You are personally biased. That's well documented by your posting history.

I'll take you seriously when you apply equal condemnation to the abuses of Democrat candidates.
Well, considering that there are no 'Democrat' candidates at all- they are all Democratic candidates, and there is no such thing as the Democrat party, just as there is no Republic party, it's hard to take your argument seriously, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 05:08 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,121 posts, read 33,555,721 times
Reputation: 14136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Nevada's delegates are bound to the Caucus vote.






Have we got a surprise for them in Tampa....


So, party rules are changed at the drop of a hat, are they?
Who says, or show me the rule that says, only the Establishment can do that?
Bound delegates, eh? It will be the last laugh.
Get your popcorn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Hinckley Ohio
6,722 posts, read 4,417,073 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Have we got a surprise for them in Tampa....


So, party rules are changed at the drop of a hat, are they?
Who says, or show me the rule that says, only the Establishment can do that?
Bound delegates, eh? It will be the last laugh.
Get your popcorn.
It has been a heck of a show by Paul but sadly the show has been over for a while. Don't forget to turn the lights off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:43 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top