Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 06:41 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are telling me that the Ron Paul camp and Ron Paul himself isn't actually public about trying to secure more delegates even when they finish 3rd or 4th?

How can you have the moral high ground that is such a common theme with Paul fans when the goal goes against the will of the voters?
First off I haven't claimed any moral high ground. Second this game has rules. The RP campaign is playing by those rules in a transparent manner. I have already mentioned my thoughts on this matter several times.

I find it funny that of all the things you should be concerned about in an election that this is what has apparently bothered you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 06:42 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes there are people on all sides that are arrogant. I personally see more of it from Paul supporters than any of the other candidate's supporters from Obama to Santorum.
You are personally biased. That's well documented by your posting history.

I'll take you seriously when you apply equal condemnation to the abuses of Democrat candidates.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:44 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
First off I haven't claimed any moral high ground. Second this game has rules. The RP campaign is playing by those rules in a transparent manner. I have already mentioned my thoughts on this matter several times.

I find it funny that of all the things you should be concerned about in an election that this is what has apparently bothered you.
A system that ignores the will of the voters in picking candidates should bother anyone who has principles of fairness.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:46 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
You are personally biased. That's well documented by your posting history.

I'll take you seriously when you apply equal condemnation to the abuses of Democrat candidates.
Are you serious? How can you judge my posting history when you think I am a Democrat? I've voted for 1 Democrat my entire life that I can think of and I voted for McCain over Obama.

P.S. everyone has certain biases, but you apparently aren't too familiar with mine.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Clark county revoltuion;give me a break.A brokered coinvention will lock Paul ot as he really doesn't have anyone on the republican committee.I thnik mnay do not even realise that most voters whether Democrat or Republican are not even actaully aprty memebers of either. Its the party members that will vote who to send as deliagtes.Certainly Pual does have the nuber any more last tiem tha thsi time to have mnay if any deliagtes especially on the committee.One only has to look at the republican platform which they create to see that.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:11 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Clark county revoltuion;give me a break.A brokered coinvention will lock Paul ot as he really doesn't have anyone on the republican committee.I thnik mnay do not even realise that most voters whether Democrat or Republican are not even actaully aprty memebers of either. Its the party members that will vote who to send as deliagtes.Certainly Pual does have the nuber any more last tiem tha thsi time to have mnay if any deliagtes especially on the committee.One only has to look at the republican platform which they create to see that.
I think I agree....

Dude, check your meds or your spell checker.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:14 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I think I agree....

Dude, check your meds or your spell checker.
Some people may have disabilities. This has nothing to do w/ their "state of meds". Nice to know you are so thoughtful though.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Some people may have disabilities. This has nothing to do w/ their "state of meds". Nice to know you are so thoughtful though.
Seriously, I see signs one might consider signs of a stroke.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 639 times
The point here is that the Paul supporters have indeed "seized" control of the Clark County GOP. They did this by organization and voter apathy. While everyone argues who is best in the GOP presidential field, the Paul supporters are taking over local and state GOP not only here in Nevada but in all the caucus states by design.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DICETEACH View Post
The point here is that the Paul supporters have indeed "seized" control of the Clark County GOP. They did this by organization and voter apathy. While everyone argues who is best in the GOP presidential field, the Paul supporters are taking over local and state GOP not only here in Nevada but in all the caucus states by design.
Yawn, what is the point? Paul isn't going to win legitimately and he isn't going to win by hijacking the system. Paul hasn't shown widespread support anywhere and the party bosses aren't ignorant, they aren't going to nominate Paul just because he has a tiny group of rabid supporters.

Not that Obama wouldn't luv running against Paul and his racist past. It just ain't going to happen. Watch for Christie if the convention is deadlocked. I think the only reason he didn't get in the primaries is the stress of a long campaign on a man his size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections