Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 09:07 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,805,264 times

Advertisements

Athens-Clarke County, GA Republican Delegate Fraud - YouTube

Quote:
On Saturday March 10th, in Athens, GA, the democratic process was trampled on. The Athens-Clarke county GOP met to hold their annual county convention. The convention was held to nominate, approve, and pass slates of delegates to the party’s district and state conventions. County chairman Matt Brewster and nominating committee chairman John Elliot blatantly broke the rules of their
own party when they improperly, and without a majority, passed delegate slates and adjourned the convention amidst cries for “division”, which is a call for a standing head count. With that, many sitting precinct delegates were disenfranchised, and the convention was improperly closed. When warned
that their conduct was jeopardizing the status of the delegates and alternates for the entire county, the chair Matt Brewster directed all questions to John Padgett, who is the Secretary of the Georgia State Republican Party. Unfortunately, Mr. Padgett refused to answer questions and fled the scene along with
the rest of the local GOP leadership.

Apparently, this is not the first time that the Georgia GOP has alienated Ron Paul supporters. In a March 2011 speech given by Sue Everhart, Chairwoman of the Georgia State GOP, she apologizes to Ron Paul supporters for "shoddy treatment" in 2008. She also admits that pressure from an outside source was
the reason that Ron Paul supporters were mistreated. During the same speech, Everhart holds up a copy of the Georgia Republican Party Rules, vowing that such treatment will not happen in the future.

Many of the precinct delegates, who were elected in February at the county’s mass precinct meetings, were new to the process and were appalled by the conduct they witnessed. Delegate Gary J. Warenfelt of 5C said, “This is the first time I have ever been actively involved in politics and to see illegal actions
taking place in a major U.S. political party is very saddening. They cherry-picked the delegates that they wanted to go to the district and state conventions without following party rules. They did not listen to any voice of opposition and ended the meeting illegally.” Fellow delegate Shawn Lewis added, “I personally called for a count of the votes of the ayes versus the nays, and was refused. I was told that the convention was closed, and watched as everyone just up and fled from the scene. I was ignored by the state GOP secretary after we were told that he would answer questions. I’m thoroughly disgusted; this is my first time participating in the process, and I feel violated.”
https://www.facebook.com/bluerepubli...85797448155250
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,376,973 times
Seems this crap is popping up in every state????

Who are they fooling?

If you ask me, it sounds like Ron Paul has won more votes than they are leading the sheepe to believe and they are hell bent on hiding it.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,903,937 times
Fulton Co. GA from that thread.

A delegate questions the delegate selection procedure at the Fulton County GOP Convention. The Chair, Rusty Paul, admits that the rules being used were not adopted by those present at the Convention.

Fulton County Georgia GOP Convention - Delegate Questions Procedure - YouTube

Old 04-23-2012, 04:51 PM

Have we got a surprise for them in Tampa....

So, party rules are changed at the drop of a hat, are they?
Who says, or show me the rule that says, only the Establishment can do that?
Bound delegates, eh? It will be the last laugh.
Get your popcorn.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:54 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,768,209 times
The GOP and voter fraud go hand in hand, they will even turn on "their own" with an (R) next to their name.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The GOP and voter fraud go hand in hand, they will even turn on "their own" with an (R) next to their name.

We will call out the skunks, if we get a whiff.

This isn't a team sport. This is suppose to be a nation of individuals, that bow to no one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections