U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM

10,783 posts, read 11,812,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Where the idea that President Obama is a Muslim is almost twice as popular as evolution ...

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...nSwing_312.pdf

I'd call winning that reality-challenged subset of the Alabama electorate a dubious prize indeed!
LOL! They've got some winners down south don't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 12:31 PM

2,943 posts, read 2,994,209 times
Why we seeing these post every day?

Not too long ago when the race become.

If Romney seal the deal -

Iowa
NH
SC
FL

each every race, and still doing the same lie over and over again. Maybe when we get to Cali, NY, NJ and Romeny "will" seal the deal.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:48 PM

1,347 posts, read 920,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post

Iowa
NH
SC
FL

each every race, and still doing the same lie over and over again. Maybe when we get to Cali, NY, NJ and Romney "will" seal the deal.
Exactly! Because every time Romney does seal the deal, the media tells the people what a weak frontrunner he is instead. The media will make up a story about how "Florida will seal the deal, Ohio will seal the deal, MS/AL will seal the deal" hoping that Romney will lose. Then when he doesn't, they have to backtrack. If Romney does win MS and/or AL, I would love to see how the media tells us what a bad candidate Mitt Romney is. No doubt they will still find a way.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:18 PM

3,241 posts, read 3,273,671 times
I could see him winning those states, Mitt has almost had Homer Simpson style amazing luck with getting two conservatives splitting the vote so he can consistently win with under 50% of the vote. Even if he narrowly loses, he's getting delegates and it's pretty much impossible for someone other than Romney to beat him outright now.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:34 PM

16,680 posts, read 9,057,703 times
I am proud to support Romney after looking at those polls.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:38 PM

71,671 posts, read 83,230,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post

Iowa
NH
SC
FL

each every race, and still doing the same lie over and over again. Maybe when we get to Cali, NY, NJ and Romeny "will" seal the deal.
same as those who say, Paul will do this or that, Paul is surging, Paul has it wrapped up or Oh No, Paul got screwed again, it was fixed!!! Most of us want to think if our guy or gal does well it will be all over. For me, it doesn't make much difference how my guy does, it is all over.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:48 PM

1,013 posts, read 767,978 times
nmnita. no one said it would be easy now imo people should stop trolling.

you all realize there are fraud but regardless you all agree for the most part that shenanigans are being perpetrated already so that is an established fact.

the fact that you are complaining about people pointing that out is well hypocritical.
yes they may have pointed it out too many times for your likely but that does not make it not true.

at least we have principles while you are all just wanting obama out of the white house regardless of whom you vote for.

I bet you would elect darth vader of star wars to lead the country instead if it would get you your way.

so please tell us what principles you stand for instead of telling people they cannot win anything etc etc.

justify yourself in a debate instead tyvm.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:28 PM

18,976 posts, read 15,426,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekenson View Post
Alabama is district proportional and statewide proportional delegates. They will all get around the same number of delegates. Miss is the same way.

I guess getting the most votes and winning the state is what will make headlines. Delegate wise nothing much will change.
Mississippi is pure district proportioned, so in each district its almost assured Romney, Newt and Santorum will get 1 delegate each. Alabama is 2 delegates for each Congressional district winner, 1 for who is 2nd, 0 for someone in 3rd.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:41 PM

16,680 posts, read 9,057,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Mississippi is pure district proportioned, so in each district its almost assured Romney, Newt and Santorum will get 1 delegate each. Alabama is 2 delegates for each Congressional district winner, 1 for who is 2nd, 0 for someone in 3rd.
Don't forget there is a proportional for the statewide level as well. You make a point that these guys will roughly get a third each. However, in regards to a popular vote a win is a win and that is what the media and the public at large wants to see. Who wins the popular vote. Don't underestimate the momentum that can happen from winning the popular vote.

IF, IF Romney were to win Mississippi (40) and Alabama (50)...I will guarantee the momentum change will be huge for Romney and it will be basically over. Yes even with only a third or so of the delegates. There would be a surge to Romney to end it.

Don't forget there is also Hawaii (20) up for grabs as well as Samoa (9). I think Romney wins more delegates again tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or