U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,853,836 times
Reputation: 12173

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
One of the roles of government is to protect our borders.
One of them... yes. But do you want to discuss that now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,632 posts, read 11,168,649 times
Reputation: 6110
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
One of them... yes. But do you want to discuss that now?
I was hoping you'd clarify the meaning of your post to me.
Government enforces contracts. That's another role. Sound money is another. That's about it basically.

I don't know what you are getting at when you say protect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,853,836 times
Reputation: 12173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I was hoping you'd clarify the meaning of your post to me.
Oh, I should have done that. You shifted gears, from one responsibility to one of the other. Am I clear now?

Or, did you mean to say... government's only responsibility is to play the defender of the nation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
5,660 posts, read 6,839,157 times
Reputation: 2440
Because the majority of Americans are blind and are used to political corruption that's already provoked by the corporate puppets and the mainstream media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 10:32 AM
 
8,266 posts, read 10,693,125 times
Reputation: 4769
From just this thread to various posters via LovesHisCountry:
Quote:
I understand being the type of person who is a control freak you'd like that.

LMAO your post is nothing other than a drama queen post. Only someone who is not paying attention and has no respect for property rights does not get it

You think theft is bad EXCEPT when it benefits your policies. You think freedom and liberty are okay except when you need to take away rights because YOU think it's for the best.

It is not my problem if you are incapable of understanding it in your drama queen post.

Just to be clear, you want to allow people to steal. I would like you to confirm this.

You the same type of person who said blacks are sub human and do not deserve the rights and freedoms as others.

Your the same type of person who said the Japanese Americans were bad people for no other reason than being of Japanese descent so lets throw them into camps during World War 2

You're not smart enough and you're not moral enough to run my life or anyone elses for that matter.

Stay in your collective racist world if thats your want.

I think people who think like you have a loser mentality.

People like you have proven time and time again you're not after morality, you're after control.

I get it all right, I'm the one who is preventing YOU from running my life for me.

You are ignorant on what a right is.

YOU are the one that supports big government and their manipulative ways.

YOU think its okay for the crooks in congress to overstep their authority and run our lives, not me.

YOU are the one who thinks manipulating the economy like the housing market is the role of government, not me. How'd that turn out?

YOU are the one who thinks its okay for big government to print up money and ruin my purchasing power.

YOU are the one who thinks government can force me to give up the fruits of my labor since they are for YOUR causes.

The only useful idiots are the ones with your mentality

"I'm Bought and Paid For" should be a bumper sticker on your car.

Become informed (for a change)

lmao You really can't put a simple statement together can you?

You do not speak for others in as much as you want to control their thoughts.

Because you do not believe in personal responsibility do not blame me for the actions of others. Consistent in your failures at least.

it seems to you because you have a blinded agenda and do not believei n seeking the truth. Only your twisted sort of plantation justice.

but i'm interested if you want to continue to force people to work for others against their will and fine them and throw them in jail?

Sorry you missed out on your chance at a plantation.

Not to hard to figure things out when one possess an ounce of intelligent thought process.

Take a class on economics, maybe you'll learn something.

Typical control freak. Wanting to run others lives and businesses as he sees fit. It's all about control with people like you.

The problem with your posts are they are delusional fantasies propped up by a twisted agenda.

The one which you choose to follow every once in awhile because YOU know whats best for others. Think before you post

Integrity and morals are thrown out with garbage but that doesn't matter as long as you get yours.

Because you don't believe in personal responsibility and are a big government fanatic you don't believe that out of control spending is a bad thing or that people should live within their means.

You on the other hand find it very comfortable to spend others money recklessly

Only because you have little understanding of how government works. Your vapid posts prove it.
Hah I've given you plenty of chances but obviously you are completely incapable of actually discussing a topic, instead relying on foaming at the mouth insults and accusations to hide behind and avoid needing to actually explain or defend your positions. Kind of ironic that you've claimed nobody will discuss policies with you, then when engaged you do everything in your power to avoid having to actually do so with angry sounding ranting gibberish worthy of someone bouncing around in a padded cell with a strait jacket on.

I'm going to do as several have suggested to me already and put you on ignore. You are doing a great job at getting Ron Paul's message out, becoming ignore-king of CityData.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,632 posts, read 11,168,649 times
Reputation: 6110
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Oh, I should have done that. You shifted gears, from one responsibility to one of the other. Am I clear now?
lol no
When you say EVERYBODY. If you mean it's citizens and equally, In a general way yes. But protect covers a lot of ground and has different degrees so I don't know what you mean specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Or, did you mean to say... government's only responsibility is to play the defender of the nation?
I mentioned 3 things. There are enumerated duties also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,853,836 times
Reputation: 12173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol no
When you say EVERYBODY. If you mean it's citizens and equally, In a general way yes. But protect covers a lot of ground and has different degrees so I don't know what you mean specifically.

I mentioned 3 things. There are enumerated duties also.
Clearly, I'm not as smart as you. I took this argument of yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You, yourself are property. You own yourself. This is what we were founded on, property rights of the individual.
With an assumption that ones property is one's self and must be protected. My bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,632 posts, read 11,168,649 times
Reputation: 6110
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
From just this thread to various posters via LovesHisCountry:

Hah I've given you plenty of chances but obviously you are completely incapable of actually discussing a topic, instead relying on foaming at the mouth insults and accusations to hide behind and avoid needing to actually explain or defend your positions.
Hah I have clearly stated my decison. It is not my fault you cannot understand a simple explanation and continue to run from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Kind of ironic that you've claimed nobody will discuss policies with you,
I never said that. It has nothing to do with me although being a control freak as you are, you'd try to make it about me. Some posts, yours included, don't discuss policy and deflect. Just like you are doing now. Trying to make it about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
then when engaged you do everything in your power to avoid having to actually do so with angry sounding ranting gibberish worthy of someone bouncing around in a padded cell with a strait jacket on.
That is your misguided perception. It is not my fault YOU do not understand a simple sentence. read this slowly "No one should be legally allowed to force one person to work for another". That is plantation mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I'm going to do as several have suggested to me already and put you on ignore. You are doing a great job at getting Ron Paul's message out, becoming ignore-king of CityData.
Another drama queen statement. Keep running. Funny how you say "others suggested" as the reason for your decision. Can't make up your own mind? That is what happens when government makes decisions for you. You get used to that and fall in line. Easy to make decisions for others but you can't make it for yourself. You need collectivisim since the individual means nothing to you. Try standing on your own two feet. You wont be able to do it all the time but you'll grow when you do.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 03-16-2012 at 11:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,632 posts, read 11,168,649 times
Reputation: 6110
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Clearly, I'm not as smart as you. I took this argument of yours:
nothing to do with smart although being smart helps. Its about being informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
With an assumption that ones property is one's self and must be protected. My bad.
I still have no idea what the question is about. Maybe you can ask the question again and put specifics. I answered the question of being property and allowing damages. Did that answer your question?
The assumption in your statement is correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2012, 09:56 AM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,847 posts, read 30,301,579 times
Reputation: 22343
This is why....


Stunning video: GOP leaders cheat Ron Paul?

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:45 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top