Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about going independent this time. I'm starting to believe that the Republicans and Democrats look the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 09:58 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Very true, the right wing goons will vote for anyone as long as that (R) is next to their name.
It works here in Texas with Gov Perry. We won't EVER get rid of him.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,362 times
The real question is going to be candidate excitement and voter turn out. So far, I don't see that happening for Romney and that may have serious implications in the general. He'll get the electorate college votes for the south though.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:19 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I mean seriously, who are they going to vote for, Obama?

Even if the turn out is low in the southern states, they'll still be red on the map this year.

Santorum is going to lose votes in the North East, Ohio, Michigan, etc. Gingrich isn't going to be the nominee, the party leaders will never allow it.

All this talk about "Can Romney excite the base". The base is excited, and the south will still be Republican this fall.

All very true. It would have been nice if Romney could have won the southern states but not really expected. He did better than anyone ever thought he would actually.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
All very true. It would have been nice if Romney could have won the southern states but not really expected. He did better than anyone ever thought he would actually.
Well, except for himself maybe. He was talking trash before the vote about Santorum. He was pretty confident for a guy who got his head handed to him in the end.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
it would have been nice, but I don't think I would say he did better than anyone thought, just a few days ago a lot of people were talking about his being ahead in the southern polls.

Nita

Old 03-14-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Very true, the right wing goons will vote for anyone as long as that (R) is next to their name.
and the left wing will vote for anyone with a D by their name. It is the moderates on both sides and the independents that use their heads (hopefully)

Nita

Old 03-14-2012, 02:25 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Correct, dixiegirl7, the best case Scenario for RS is he decreased the lead by 3 last night. Out of 200 plus. LOL!

By the way, RS does not even have a full slate in Il, so he'll lose those 3 back several times in Il even if he plays the state to a draw.

I cannot be over the Mickey Mouse campaigns of RS and NG, where in several states, they failed to get on a ballot, and/or field a full slate of delegates. The sheriff campaign of Mayberry b/w Andy and Barney had more professionalism!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,217,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Do they really dislike Mormons that much? Is religion that important?
Let's think about it.

Mormonism teaches its adherents that they are training to be future gods of their own planets. Hence, it's blasphemy of God. What do you think?

Mormonism, as I understand it, has prophecy that one of their own will reach the White House.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Let's think about it.

Mormonism teaches its adherents that they are training to be future gods of their own planets. Hence, it's blasphemy of God. What do you think?

Mormonism, as I understand it, has prophecy that one of their own will reach the White House.
I doubt you understand Momonism any better than the rest of us, but I am appalled at anyone that would base their vote on someone's religion. I hope you are not one of them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections