U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 AM

756 posts, read 614,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I really think it is looking more and more like it might be Paul Ryan. He and Romney are very in synch it seems.
Eddie Munster on the ticket???

Wow ... what an AMAZING GIFT that would be for BO and the dem's...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,660,405 times
Quote:
I really think it is looking more and more like it might be Paul Ryan. He and Romney are very in synch it seems. However McDonnell from Virginia was always on the short list also I think.
I'm surprised anyone thinks Romney has a short list at this point. The convention is five months away, half an eternity in politics.

McDonnell's prospects have come and gone. His pushing of the mandatory transvaginal ultrasound bill -- a medical procedure that was completely unnecessary medically -- saw to that. And the fact that he's done a 180 and longer supports the bill won't help, either.

Romney's not a fool. He's risk-averse in his campaign. Why anyone thinks he's going to saddle his ticket with a running mate who plays into the anti-woman meme is beyond me.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 PM

71,711 posts, read 83,316,019 times
Quote:
I really think it is looking more and more like it might be Paul Ryan. He and Romney are very in synch it seems. However McDonnell from Virginia was always on the short list also I think.
Either would be decent picks and there are so many others..For the first time in along time there seems to be no end to up and coming good, young Republicans.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:43 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,435,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I believe last time I checked the idea was to win the election: for that we need candidates that can bring in votes from all sides..
Understood, but when Dems do it, it MUST be to satisfy a "quota". But when Repubs do it, naturally it's because they want to win.
I am referring to Al Gore when he was picking his Veep in 2000.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:50 PM

71,711 posts, read 83,316,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Understood, but when Dems do it, it MUST be to satisfy a "quota". But when Repubs do it, naturally it's because they want to win.
I am referring to Al Gore when he was picking his Veep in 2000.
what are you even talking about? You can put so many spins on things I can't believe it..

Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,847,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
I'm surprised anyone thinks Romney has a short list at this point. The convention is five months away, half an eternity in politics.

McDonnell's prospects have come and gone. His pushing of the mandatory transvaginal ultrasound bill -- a medical procedure that was completely unnecessary medically -- saw to that. And the fact that he's done a 180 and longer supports the bill won't help, either.

Romney's not a fool. He's risk-averse in his campaign. Why anyone thinks he's going to saddle his ticket with a running mate who plays into the anti-woman meme is beyond me.

That is much ado about nothing with McDonnell and you know it. He is extremely qualified, has the foreign policy experience to balance Romney and is from a state that went with Obama last time and that we need to win this time. I believe if you read what I said, you will see that it seems Paul Ryan is getting the closer look. Why wouldn't Romney have a short list at this point? Not to have one would be very ill prepared. He has been the presumptive nominee for some time. At least, he isn't naming names like some of the candidates and never has. If you read poliitcal commentary, this has all been discussed ad nauseum for months. It's not new or earth shaking.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Either would be decent picks and there are so many others..For the first time in along time there seems to be no end to up and coming good, young Republicans.

I agree and it could be a compelete surprise, but I doubt it will. Mitt Romney is not one to make suprising moves. He is way too thoughtful for that.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:59 PM

158 posts, read 519,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Eddie Munster on the ticket???

Wow ... what an AMAZING GIFT that would be for BO and the dem's...
Would it make you feel better if they put Fabio on the ticket?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:09 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,660,405 times
Quote:
That is much ado about nothing with McDonnell and you know it. He is extremely qualified, has the foreign policy experience to balance Romney and is from a state that went with Obama last time and that we need to win this time. I believe if you read what I said, you will see that it seems Paul Ryan is getting the closer look. Why wouldn't Romney have a short list at this point? Not to have one would be very ill prepared. He has been the presumptive nominee for some time. At least, he isn't naming names like some of the candidates and never has. If you read poliitcal commentary, this has all been discussed ad nauseum for months. It's not new or earth shaking.
For someone who works 24/7 as a non-stop Romney apologist, I find it entertaining that you're now essentially claiming that he's utterly oblivious to the problematic political implications of tabbing McDonnell.

You're free to think Romney's a fool. I don't.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
For someone who works 24/7 as a non-stop Romney apologist, I find it entertaining that you're now essentially claiming that he's utterly oblivious to the problematic political implications of tabbing McDonnell.

You're free to think Romney's a fool. I don't.

I don't have to apologize for anything concerning Mitt Romney. He has an excellent track record in anything and everything he touches. Unfortunately, you cannot say the same for your candidate...too bad for you and him.

I am also not pretending to speak for Mitt Romney. I am surmising just like everyone else, you included.

Last edited by dixiegirl7; 04-03-2012 at 02:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or