Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:38 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I disagree with the OP's premise, and many other responders who are NOT repubs but, think they know how others think

I attended a local repub party meeting and it was asked why they didn't go after the black vote more?

The answer was, we are an open party. We are open to every one. If someone believes in the repub principles they are welcome.

It is that simple.

About 10% of the attendees were black.

To say they don't want blacks is not only wrong but, very insulting.
Many blacks choose to be repubs? Alan Keyes, J.C Wats, Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, herman Cain etc. I could go on but, you get the point.
You're whole party leadership is sponsoring Voter ID laws to suppress the black/hispanic vote.

If you were truly honest and knowledgable on this issue you'd admit this.

You do it under the guise of wanting to prevent virtually non-existant "voter fraud".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 11:42 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Blacks have made it known they prefer govt handouts and special favors because many simply do not have the skills to compete in a 21st century economy. The few Blacks with these skills still vote Dem out of racial solidarity.

Frankly the unwillingness of Blacks to consider another political option is more of an indictment on us than anything.
As usual, Edward, you articulate your views well even if they are a bit blunt and even if I don't necessarily agree with them.

I think you and I would probably agree on one thing: as bad as republicans have been, I think Democrats have quietly developed an arrogance in the belief that the minority vote is 'in the bag'. I chalk it up to one of the downsides of the two-party system. The republicans are so bad toward minorities but they only have one alternative, and that alternative tends to be patronizing and condescending at times.

If the Republicans were more like the Republicans of the 1950s, I think the nation would be a much better place. Unfortunately, I think the party has been irreparably damaged by the Nixon southern strategy, and it courted many of the jingoistic and bigoted idiots who once had a home in the Democratic party in earlier eras. Even since Nixon, there was a time when the GOP had do-something, pragmatist republicans like Bob Dole. But not now. What's ironic is that if you really look at the two parties, the Democrats have gradually adopted policies that are essentially what the Republicans were embracing about 15-25 years ago. The Republicans have embraced extremism. They have embraced xenophobia. They have embraced all of the things that have divided this country politically, and it's dangerous.

So that's why I say, I'm not pro-democrat. I'm just anti-republican. I want this party to disintegrate. I would honestly rather have a progressively-ruled one party system than to have a two-party system in which nutters are allowed to flourish and manipulate the electorate. There is simply no place for this republican party. They are anti-American, and some of them should be tried for treason.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:45 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The answer was, we are an open party. We are open to every one. If someone believes in the repub principles they are welcome.

It is that simple.
It's simple, and exactly the opposite of the targeted pandering and marketing that the dems do - the gay vote, the black vote, the latino vote, the women vote, the blue collar vote, the union vote, the fringe vote... the list goes on.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM

The black vote is in the bag for Democrats. It may vary somewhat depending on how motivated they are but 99% of blacks have no reason to vote GOP.

Obama knows this and he doesn't fight for their issues.

That's the problem with always giving your vote to certain party regardless of how bad they are.

The treat you like a chump if they know you will not withhold your support.

The "Tea Party" on the other hand will come out against their own GOP candidates. That's why they are feared. That's why they have more influence than their numbers would suggest.

GOP candidates fear their base. Dem candidates despise and ignore their base.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's simple, and exactly the opposite of the targeted pandering and marketing that the dems do - the gay vote, the black vote, the latino vote, the women vote, the blue collar vote, the union vote, the fringe vote... the list goes on.
The GOP goes for: the evangelical vote, the Southern vote, the business owner vote, etc. Both parties play that game. It's ridiculous for the GOP to pretend like it's above it -- it's not.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:50 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I guess when your party is anti-black that’s what happens.

African-American Vote in GOP Race Falls Below Measurable Levels | The Nation
If I were black, I would not care about any of those current scumbags/candidates, either. Would white voters care much if they were only allowed to choose between several black candidates, who they know don't give a damn about them anyway?

Old 03-14-2012, 11:50 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You're whole party leadership is sponsoring Voter ID laws to suppress the black/hispanic vote.

You do it under the guise of wanting to prevent virtually non-existant "voter fraud".
Normally we can agree.
That statement is like saying your whole party leadership is sponsoring voter fraud by funding ACORN.
Who investigates voter fraud? I know here in PA the fox is guarding that hen house and most especially in Luzerne county.......
requiring ID to vote no more supresses the vote than requiring ID to cash a check supresses people from cashing checks. Dishonest people maybe.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:52 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Racist. Are you saying blacks and hispanics are too poor or too stupid to be able to get an ID?

Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
If I were black, I would not care about any of those current scumbags/candidates, either. Would white voters care much if they were only allowed to choose between several black candidates, who they know don't give a damn about them anyway?
Actually we would care. Id be thrilled if Allen West were to eventually run or someone else with Conservative principles. Many got behind Herman Cain until he was forced to bow out.
You dumb libs keep repeating the lie that non-liberals are racist all you want, but it doesnt make it true. Just like your stupid lie of the war on women.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Racist. Are you saying blacks and hispanics are too poor or too stupid to be able to get an ID?
It's a known fact that voter ID laws effect minorities more.

In the Wisconsin case decided this week evidence was presented to a Judge proving this. ( Not that this was the deciding factor) The Judge wrote about this in his decision.

Another fact presented in the case. 22% of the electorate was black but 38% of the rejections for lack of ID were black.

You'd never stand for this if it was GOP voters effected. But since they are reliable Dem voters...you're more than happy to see their vote suppressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections