U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:57 AM

5,037 posts, read 4,343,765 times

Advertisements

Liberals HAVE to target their to their voters and do so breaking it down by race, sex, who they have sex with. The key is they need to make these people believe they are victims. Liberalism NEEDS victims to succeed, or actually they need people who believe they are victims
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 11:57 AM

21,201 posts, read 19,212,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Actually we would care. Id be thrilled if Allen West were to eventually run or someone else with Conservative principles. Many got behind Herman Cain until he was forced to bow out.
You dumb libs keep repeating the lie that non-liberals are racist all you want, but it doesnt make it true. Just like your stupid lie of the war on women.
As I said, if whites could choose between black candidates ONLY. I guess many whites would feel they are not represented somehow and thus ignore that entire circus.
Of course you are the great exception, sorry I did not mention that
Plus, smug filthy rich candidates are probably not very popular with people who are disproportionately affected by poverty

Old 03-14-2012, 12:03 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,047,376 times
Oh I agree most blacks are lazy and ignorant when it comes to knowing what is going on in government.

But no more lazy and ignorant than your average white middle class to poor voter that supports the GOP or the Libertarian party.

You're highest IQ voters Asians, Jews, Scientists, etc. are reliable liberal voters.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:07 PM

20,978 posts, read 16,215,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I guess when your party is anti-black thatís what happens.

African-American Vote in GOP Race Falls Below Measurable Levels | The Nation
No biggie.

They're so much better today, you know since 0b0mba is POTUS.

We conservative minded constitutionalists will continue to reign supreme, while their communities continue to be slums.

I'm cool with that! You get the government you deserve.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:23 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,343,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
As I said, if whites could choose between black candidates ONLY. I guess many whites would feel they are not represented somehow and thus ignore that entire circus.
Of course you are the great exception, sorry I did not mention that
Plus, smug filthy rich candidates are probably not very popular with people who are disproportionately affected by poverty
As much as I dont like all of them being rich, nearly all of them are. And I guess its not always their wealth really that even bothers me. It is more how money is so involved in the campaign process. But thats a different subject.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:30 PM

802 posts, read 1,735,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The conservative persecution fantasy is bizarre, Roy. I grew up in a conservative household, so I am familiar with it. Even in the 80s, it struck me as weird. Now I see it for what it is. Some conservatives (not all by any stretch) interpret their inability to force their narrow views on the majority as persecution. So, they think that not being able to force the kids at the local school to pray to THEIR God is discrimination. Um, no.
It's truly a mind-boggling level of delusion, isn't it? What's always intrigued me the most about many of the people with this mindset is that they are often the exurban or rural people who have the least amount of exposure to the main people they are complaining about in the first place: people of color, gay people, secularists, etc. So it makes it readily apparent that their "persecution complex" is really nothing more than deeply-seeded xenophobia. Many of the Republican political figures should be ashamed of themselves for continuously fanning the flames of irrational fear just to get votes. I do think some of the Republican leadership is beginning to understand that they are losing these "culture wars" and need to move the party into to the 21st Century. Meanwhile, I genuinely feel bad for my more moderate, fiscal conservative friends who don't really want to be aligned with some of the loonies that the party seems to like to appease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Agreed -- the problem isn't with black voters, it's with the GOP. It's a miniority party that appeals to a very narrow niche audience.
I absolutely agree with you here as well. There are plenty of Black people like my dad who are actually social conservatives and would vote for the GOP if there wasn't that slight hint of racism permeating so many of the things coming out of some of the GOP leaders' mouths. They seem completely out of touch when it comes to reaching out to people of color.

Last edited by ariesjow; 03-14-2012 at 12:42 PM..

Old 03-14-2012, 12:35 PM

51,641 posts, read 41,606,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The black vote is in the bag for Democrats. It may vary somewhat depending on how motivated they are but 99% of blacks have no reason to vote GOP.

Obama knows this and he doesn't fight for their issues.

That's the problem with always giving your vote to certain party regardless of how bad they are.

The treat you like a chump if they know you will not withhold your support.

The "Tea Party" on the other hand will come out against their own GOP candidates. That's why they are feared. That's why they have more influence than their numbers would suggest.

GOP candidates fear their base. Dem candidates despise and ignore their base.
I've said the same thing around here before. Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free? And with a much larger latino vote out there that grows each year and will vote for either party....the black vote is even further marginalized. Now I'm not saying they should vote GOP, frankly NO ONE should just vote for a party IMO but I'm just pointing out how black interests are really between a rock and a hard place in national elections.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:37 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,290,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I guess when your party is anti-black thatís what happens.

African-American Vote in GOP Race Falls Below Measurable Levels | The Nation
Why post this. Everyone knows all Blacks are Democrats right ?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:19 PM

18,614 posts, read 16,380,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I guess when the mind screwing that the Democratic Party has done on black people results in group-think to such a degree that a lot of black people are snowed by the left, you can just write off black people who vote democrat because they think republicans are racist and they have been brainwashed by the democratic party. Will those be the same black people who voted for Obama because "he's black"? Those must be the same black people who are entirely ignorant of their chosen party's racist history. They must really love living off the plantation of the democratic party.

There are blacks who vote democrat for the only reason that they believe that republicans are racist.

Nevermind there's the Libertarian party, the Independent party, the Green party, etc.

I wish black people would read about other party options instead of ingesting the same garbage year after year that the democrats feed them.

They're only showing how ignorant they are.
Bingo. While the usual suspects are so focused on the GOP being "racist". How come black people can't consider other parties? I think it has to do with intellectual laziness for the vast majority of Black people. In my view there is a correlation between the subpar academic achievements of many Blacks and the fact over 95% continue to vote for the same party which in the last 50 years has done nothing but make their cities unfit for human habitation.

The brain power simply is not there for most Blacks to consider anything but what their Dem masters say.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:21 PM

18,614 posts, read 16,380,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've said the same thing around here before. Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free? And with a much larger latino vote out there that grows each year and will vote for either party....the black vote is even further marginalized. Now I'm not saying they should vote GOP, frankly NO ONE should just vote for a party IMO but I'm just pointing out how black interests are really between a rock and a hard place in national elections.
Excellent post and I've made this point before. Again many Blacks lack the intellectual capacity to see that by voting for the Dems automatically year in and year out they have essentially ceded their political power. Form another party, do something besides giving your vote away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or