Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times

Advertisements

I guess when your party is anti-black that’s what happens.

African-American Vote in GOP Race Falls Below Measurable Levels | The Nation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
The GOP does not WANT the African American vote.

Republican candidates do not campaign in predominantly African American neighborhoods. They very rarely speak to professional African American organizations or to predominantly Black churches.

And during every election season, the Republicans shove all of their anti-illegal alien (translate as anti-Latino) paraphenelia into the closet and pretend to be pro-Latino with campaign ads in Spanish to boot (I see you Meg Whitman)

Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The GOP does not WANT the African American vote.

Republican candidates do not campaign in predominantly African American neighborhoods. They very rarely speak to professional African American organizations or to predominantly Black churches.

And during every election season, the Republicans shove all of their anti-illegal alien (translate as anti-Latino) paraphenelia into the closet and pretend to be pro-Latino with campaign ads in Spanish to boot (I see you Meg Whitman)
I agree the GOP doesn't even bother with the black vote, they would rather pull the carefully worded racist comments to rally the rednecks.

GOP presidential candidates on the other hand sometime pretend to be anti-illegal, but in reality are very much pro illegal. Willard hired them, Perry has pretty much a big welcome sign waiting at the border, W called for amnesty, McCain tried to pass an amnesty bill, right wing hero Reagan passed stone cold blanket amnesty etc,..

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Screw em if they want to continue to see themselves as victims and vote Democrat. If some are so dumb to see they are being held back and used, that's their problem

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post

Are you suggesting that blacks are akin to herd animals and vote as a single, mindless entity?

How exactly are any of these Republican candidates anti-black?

How exactly is Obama pro-black, and you can't cheat by using the awesome 40% black teen unemployment stat either.

Obama Causes Welfare Chaos In Detroit - YouTube!
Welcome to ObamaVille - BTW he is pro-black. LOL

OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS... - YouTube
This is the America you seem to want.

Last edited by OICU812; 03-14-2012 at 10:04 AM..

Old 03-14-2012, 10:29 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Screw em if they want to continue to see themselves as victims and vote Democrat. If some are so dumb to see they are being held back and used, that's their problem
That what I like to hear from Republicans.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:

I was really excited to see your link but think I will wait a while before reading anything from The Nation. A little too far left for me.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
And some wonder why blacks don't vote Republican. We have endless debates about it in fact on CD. I don't wonder at all. To me, there is just no mystery.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree the GOP doesn't even bother with the black vote, they would rather pull the carefully worded racist comments to rally the rednecks.

GOP presidential candidates on the other hand sometime pretend to be anti-illegal, but in reality are very much pro illegal. Willard hired them, Perry has pretty much a big welcome sign waiting at the border, W called for amnesty, McCain tried to pass an amnesty bill, right wing hero Reagan passed stone cold blanket amnesty etc,..
I guess you haven't seen from your left leaning sources who the co-author of the 2006 amnesty bill was. In case you haven't heard it was old Ted (the swimmer) Kennedy. Do you remember that the House had strongly defeated an attempt for amnesty that year before the big push in the Senate? I always wondered why they made such a big thing of it back then.

Have you failed to see that the big O tried to get through amnesty with his Executive Order for the Dream Act? Also, he stopped the deporting of illegals he bragged so much about. Lies are really rampant around the White House.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
I'm not sure the Republicans are actually "anti" black. I think their perceptions are just way off base. They don't see the black population as being beneficial to them...so they just don't care.

This gives them the opportunity to do a lot of public whining and moaning if the black vote turns out to be crucial in defeating them. (They had no idea...they don't know what they did wrong...they certainly never meant to offend anyone...etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections