U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:03 PM

97 posts, read 106,137 times

Advertisements

JasonF: Is there something magical about physics that allows you to personally operate on endless credit (no debt ceilng) and an unbalanced budget? Did your grad school teach you how to print value out of thin air?

No need to answer these questions because you've already demonstrated that you live in a fairy tale like the rest of the American government.

And just so you know, the obligations that you speak of are not mine, they belong to you and to the people who consent to such fantasies. I do not consent and therefore am not responsible to illigitimate government and unresponsible people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 01:15 PM

8,266 posts, read 10,682,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certainquirk View Post
Comments slackjaw?
Well I can't see LovesHisCountry's post because I have him on ignore (as do several others in the forum) for being unable to hold a discussion without constantly resorting to accusations and attacks against who he is having discussion with, instead of the topic.

However I did scan the link you included, thanks. I disagree with the whole "it would get spent by the executive branch anyway" angle since there is no requirement for congress to take the money they are spending on their pet pork and spend it elsewhere if they don't. It reminds me of inefficient organizations where components will spend all of their allocated budget regardless of the wisdom of doing so, just because if they don't spend it it will go somewhere else to be spent. Stupid spending is stupid spending, and when we have this huge deficit lard legislators spending money on stupid things is just that, stupid spending. No amount of "if we don't someone else will" makes it anything else.

I also don't think it is the job of the fed government (which congress is part of) to be involved in micromanagement details of state spending. It is ironic that many of those who advocate small government and less fed influence on state affairs believe congress should be taking the time to allocate x number of dollars for decorative street lights in their district.

The whole "he's just getting their money back" isn't accurate, it is fed appropriated funds, it isn't kept in separate buckets by state and it is meant for the well being of the country, not specific local pork projects that some congressman scramble to grab the money for.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:26 PM

6,546 posts, read 9,453,216 times
Note to Ron Paul time for 3rd party you would steal a lot of votes from the GOP candidate & Obama would get more vote

Old 03-17-2012, 01:44 PM

You are correct about the whole earmark thing slackjaw. Since the Constitution has no such provisions (without creative interpretation) it's my assumption that a Paul or similar libertarian administration would end such practices. As you say, the whole idea of federal gov micromanaging the states is not only un-Constitutional but it is, in a sense, more empire building. More bridges to nowhere needing endless maintainenance.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:48 PM

8,266 posts, read 10,682,987 times
Plus it is a relatively recent phenomenon in our country's history, clearly not the intent of our founding fathers given the explosion of the practice over recent decades.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:56 PM

7,249 posts, read 5,560,806 times
Quote:
JasonF: Is there something magical about physics that allows you to personally operate on endless credit (no debt ceilng) and an unbalanced budget? Did your grad school teach you how to print value out of thin air?
Last I checked, you're the one who brought up my personal math skills. I guess you didn't get the response you were hoping for?

How about you actually address the issues, instead of living in a fantasy world where you hope that others are as uninformed as you and the other Paulbots?

Perhaps someday I'll suffer some sort of severe head injury and be unable add and subtract or understand basic economics, and then Paul's ideas will make sense.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:04 PM

JasonF: "Last I checked, you're the one who brought up my personal math skills. I guess you didn't get the response you were hoping for?"

The issue is that you cannot create wealth from thin air and that is what you have demonstrated that you believe. The issue is addressed.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:25 PM

7,249 posts, read 5,560,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certainquirk View Post
JasonF: "Last I checked, you're the one who brought up my personal math skills. I guess you didn't get the response you were hoping for?"

The issue is that you cannot create wealth from thin air and that is what you have demonstrated that you believe. The issue is addressed.
So now you're just lying. Nice.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:42 AM

66,125 posts, read 33,571,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Note to Ron Paul time for 3rd party you would steal a lot of votes from the GOP candidate & Obama would get more vote

Believe it or not, Ron Paul pulls just as much support, from past Obama supporters.

The swing vote, favors Paul.

Paul will never get the gop base (35% of voters)
Paul will never get the dnc base (22% of voters)

Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 AM

12,193 posts, read 10,364,632 times
This thread is funny. It reminds me of the Simpsons skit where Marge's strategy in bumper cars was to go as slow as possible because "slow and steady wins the race!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or