U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 AM
 
5,937 posts, read 5,439,380 times
Reputation: 10587

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I just don't get the need to fight these battles that were lost ages ago. GOP seems to be stuck in some time warp...

Amen. It's just weird. Even weirder is that is actually plays in some places. He's getting lots of votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2012, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Midwest
31,376 posts, read 19,640,158 times
Reputation: 7875

Bible Belt Loves Porn - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 13,197,165 times
Reputation: 3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
I have come to find that people that are usually so passionately against something are actually closeted in the sense that they do it themselves.

Wouldn't surprise me if Santorum was a closeted gay-porn watcher.....
Wouldn't suprise me at all...in fact,I'd lay money on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
He has such a special way of looking down his nose at anything he doesn't understand. And he's completely killed the sweater vest industry.
He reminds me of Niedermeyer from animal house.


Animal House (3/10) Movie CLIP - Only We Can Do That to Our Pledges (1978) HD - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
9,845 posts, read 22,197,699 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Red states watch more porn, how convenient.
Bible Belt Loves Porn - YouTube
That was hilarious! Thx. Rep points awarded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Stuck in NE GA right now
4,585 posts, read 10,851,617 times
Reputation: 6616
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
He reminds me of Niedermeyer from animal house.
Bruhahahahah You've hit the nail on the head it's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything I would have ruined my keyboard. Priceless post of the day...thanks for a great laugh when I really needed one.

He is a lot like Niedermeyer only much more toxic...so who's gonna take Frothy's horse into the deans office - I'm in - Oh and I'd be in for a major road trip too

Animal House a real classic is near and dear to me for many reasons it was filmed at and around my old stompin' grounds - the UofO and the era is mine also When I get homesick I watch it and have very very fond memories

I couldn't give yah any reps sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
9,845 posts, read 22,197,699 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I agree with Santorum and with tvdxer.

You guys are all grown adults, you should be able to get by fine without pornography. The fact you guys seem to need to porn to satisfy you shows a lack of self control and maturity.

Not to mention the amount of children who get exposed to it. Earlier and more frequent exposure to sexual content increases sexual activity at a younger age which increases the likelihood of them catching an STD or getting pregnant.

Go Santorum!
What about adults wanting to watch it just because they enjoy it? I don't see why as an adult I should not watch it in privacy just because Ricky thinks its nasty and disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 13,197,165 times
Reputation: 3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Bruhahahahah You've hit the nail on the head it's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything I would have ruined my keyboard. Priceless post of the day...thanks for a great laugh when I really needed one.

He is a lot like Niedermeyer only much more toxic...so who's gonna take Frothy's horse into the deans office - I'm in - Oh and I'd be in for a major road trip too

Animal House a real classic is near and dear to me for many reasons it was filmed at and around my old stompin' grounds - the UofO and the era is mine also When I get homesick I watch it and have very very fond memories

I couldn't give yah any reps sorry
....He is Niedermeyer made over...same smarmy,goofy knows everthing,but really knows nothing type....around here we say "his driveway doesn't go all the way out to the road" if ya know what I mean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
2,888 posts, read 4,353,050 times
Reputation: 1614
I just can't get over the hypocrisy of people who want the government to regulate the behavior of real people, but do not want the government to have any regulation of corporations who are defined as "people".

What if GE wants to look porn? To deny GE the ability to look at porn is to punish a "job creator", since corporations looking at porn create jobs in the porn industry. If you follow the thinking of Santorum and his ilk, that's precisely the irrational logic their ideas lead to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Duluth, Minnesota, USA
7,653 posts, read 15,347,125 times
Reputation: 6670
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
What about adults wanting to watch it just because they enjoy it? I don't see why as an adult I should not watch it in privacy just because Ricky thinks its nasty and disgusting.
I do not think for an instant that Santorum will be able to ban it outright. This virus has become simply too infused into our culture, as the posts here demonstrate. Those who refuse to give this habit up will find comfort in this. And plus, even banning it would not guarantee its unavailability - millions of perverts, cell phone video cameras and peer-to-peer networks should take care of that. After all, isn't that where porn is headed? Amateur production?

What Santorum could POSSIBLY do is put additional clamps on the industry, and possibly make it more difficult for minors to access, at least those minors whose parents are responsible enough to have a filter on their internet. What I envision is an Australian-style national voluntary internet filter. Those who opt into it could receive a (relatively) clean internet connection; but individuals would also be free to opt out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 13,197,165 times
Reputation: 3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I just can't get over the hypocrisy of people who want the government to regulate the behavior of real people, but do not want the government to have any regulation of corporations who are defined as "people".

What if GE wants to look porn? To deny GE the ability to look at porn is to punish a "job creator", since corporations looking at porn create jobs in the porn industry. If you follow the thinking of Santorum and his ilk, that's precisely the irrational logic their ideas lead to.
+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top