U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 04:04 PM

9,847 posts, read 22,143,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
His charisma?! Are you kidding? Yes, Bush was elected twice, but Bush was just stupid. Rick Santorum is a psycho and a moron at the same time. Also in terms of personality, Bush was much more likable. Santorum has no charm nor is likable. In fact he is offensive.
Yeah Santorum comes off kinda smug and douchy. Bush had a dumb charm that appealed to a lot of people. You know the whole "I can have a beer with him" deal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 04:05 PM

771 posts, read 1,109,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Yeah Santorum comes off kinda smug and douchy. Bush had a dumb charm that appealed to a lot of people. You know the whole "I can have a beer with him" deal
Exactly. I think Bush would be fun to hangout with and have a beer, but not to be a leader. Sort of like Rick Perry as well. Rick Santorum on the other hand seems like an ass and just super judgmental.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:13 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,122,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I believe that if Romney is the Republican candidate and losses the right wing of the party will claim that he just wasn't consertive enough and will pull the party even further from the center. I think the Republicans need to put Santorum at the head of the ticket to test that assumption.

Who will win? Who knows.
romney doesn't have to worry about the right wing of the party.

they aren't going to be voting for obama.

i also don't think the republicans are at all interested in putting santorum against obama, although i see some democrats on here would like that a lot.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:16 PM

32,205 posts, read 16,541,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Santorum is Catholic in name only. He uses the church to push his own platform, and should be recognized as a disgrace by the church for pushing the agenda's of many rouge priests and not the core beliefs. Esspecially when it comes to the intervention between the church and the state(which is clearly laid out by the doctrine)!
Someone described him as a Roman Baptist, which I found eerily precise.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:19 PM

11,102 posts, read 13,169,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
He's Catholic? I kinda assumed based on his overall style that he was an evangelical...
Yes,he would seem to fit in with the Ted Haggard variety show very well.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:38 PM

9,976 posts, read 16,622,416 times
For most of my life I was a Republican but for the last several presidential cycles the party has driven me away Unless the conservative wing is well represented on the ticket this time they will claim that the candidate wasn't conservative enough should they loose. Now is the time to test that claim because the 2016 election is actually more important, they won't be running against an incumbent.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:51 PM

86,915 posts, read 102,388,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
To add to this, I guess what I'm trying to say is I wouldn't apply for Canadian citizenship if Santorum wins. I think he is a very good person, even though he is misguided. I think he would get a dose of reality once in the White House and would cool a lot of his "out there" ideas. I think we could do a lot worse if for some reason Obama lost.

It won't be the funeral at my house that Bush's second term was I'll tell you that.

And Romney? Sorry, that guy is nuts and cannot be trusted.
He's a sleaze. See florida.bob's post about the scam he pulled in Pennsylvania. I'll add a couple more links about that issue.

Rick Santorum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(See section about "Pennsylvania Residency"

Santorum Exposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I was thinking along the lines of another Rasputin.
LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or