U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 09:50 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,298,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
Ya know, policies aside, the GOP & their candidates have been so G. damn disrespectful to this president that it's made me hate their guts inside out. So when a future candidate of theirs comes along (present candidates excluded) that has morals & a good political format he won't even stand a chance with me since the GOP has forever tarnished their image in my mind. Wonder how many more "me's" are out there. When you lose this election in Nov you can all kick yourselves & Limbaugh in the behind.
Good riddance!
Yet, you weren't whining when your heroes were giving "disrespect" to President Bush.

And your failed President is getting canned in November. When he loses you can blame it on yourself and other like-minded partisan hacks. You and people like you have ensured that I will NEVER vote for another Democrat again.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-18-2012 at 05:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 04:16 AM

18,066 posts, read 10,098,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Yet, you weren't whining when your heroes were giving "disrespect" to President Bush.

And your failed President is getting canned in November. When he loses you can blame it on yourself and other like-minded partisan hacks. You and people like you have ensured that I will NEVER vote for another Democrat again.
Interesting. Did the republicans finally find a candidate that even THEY can agree on...?

Old 03-18-2012, 05:11 AM

7,272 posts, read 3,753,065 times
Quote:

If the president is going to be "canned" in November why are the repubs waiting til the last minute to reveal their new candidate. Indeed a lot of disrespect was given to Bush but you need to remember that he lied his country into war and killed thousands. How else could he be treated?
The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,202,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No, he didn't.

He wasted a lot of valuable time and political capital trying to compromise with the obstructionist bastards in the GOP who demanded all or nothing.

I hope he finishes everything he promised in 2008 as soon as we vote the Teabaggers out in November, starting with full and complete UHC. The republicans have become a bad joke, the dead and smelly elephant in the room. Time to remove it to a place where it can do no harm and forget it's there.
Slightly off-topic, Cue, but as I was repping you I noticed your rep # on here is 2016. Good sign for Obama? I think so!

Old 03-18-2012, 07:09 AM

16,709 posts, read 9,077,007 times
Quote:
Interesting. Did the republicans finally find a candidate that even THEY can agree on...?
It took longer for the Dems to decide in 2008 and the process was changed to lengthen it since then, what a short memory.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Except that Democrats have since figured out it was a mistake and passed Dodd Frank and you blame them for it. They can do nothing right in your eyes, which makes sense since you are for Romney.
Dodd-Frank is as weak as your ability to think critically on the 2 parties.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:29 AM

18,066 posts, read 10,098,686 times
Quote:
No disrespect at all.

We told the unvarnished truth. His sheep thought it was disrespect.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:47 AM

5,495 posts, read 6,094,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
I despise this administration and the bulk of everything it stands for. However, any thinking individual that has been paying even a minute degree of attention to the actions of government and the effects of partisan politics upon those actions would not be attempting to claim Republicans were any better than Democrats.

Both parties are out for themselves. neither gives so much as a microscopic crap about the well being of the easily manipulated hacks that put them in office.

If there is any hope of repairing the damage done to the US by career politicians people need to wake up and realize politicians themselves are the enemy of the nation regardless of their professed party affiliation.

This endless, nonsensical, my party is better than your party crap is really getting tiresome. Both parties and all those that blindly support them suck.
No, the republicans, out of power, have been trying to stop Obama and the democrats from destroying the USA. They are doing what they can under the circumstances as is allowed under the constitution. The constitution purposely makes it difficult to make radical changes in our government. Thank God the founders had to foresight to know that one day there would be radical named Obama, with lackeys named Reid and Pelosi, that would try to take apart all that America stands for.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
No disrespect at all.

We told the unvarnished truth. His sheep thought it was disrespect.
So it was the truth that Bush was going to declare martial law if Obama won and stay on as president? CNN must not have covered that, could you fill me in?

Old 03-18-2012, 08:45 AM

10,714 posts, read 6,053,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald
No disrespect at all. We told the unvarnished truth. His sheep thought it was disrespect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So it was the truth that Bush was going to declare martial law if Obama won and stay on as president? CNN must not have covered that, could you fill me in?
Oh, please. Read some right wingnut boards. They're claiming the same thing about Obama and martial law. Ever hear about all the FEMA camps Obama supposedly has ready for when he rounds up all the Republicans?

The point is that there are nuts on both sides always making these ridiculous claims. You can't compare that with Bush's lies about Iraq and what that actually cost us in lives, treasure and good will around the globe.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 03-18-2012 at 09:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections