U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:32 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,536,416 times

Advertisements

Republicans Mock Obama Documentary With Fake Movie Poster

Quote:
“After four years, the only bad thing they found about their time in office was that it was just too good.” 17-minute Obama “documentary” to be released today, but is already the subject of GOP ridicule.
GREAT poster;

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enha...780417-133.jpg

Anybody watching this vomit-inducing propaganda film, except for captive audiences?

DO read the fine print at the bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 01:47 PM

10,513 posts, read 4,385,637 times
I saw it and it reminded me why I will not vote for a Repub. I remember why this mess was created by Repub. failed eco. theory. That the Free Market needs some rules to function and that the current crop of Repub. have nothing new to offer.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:50 PM

10,005 posts, read 9,001,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I saw it and it reminded me why I will not vote for a Repub. I remember why this mess was created by Repub. failed eco. theory. That the Free Market needs some rules to function and that the current crop of Repub. have nothing new to offer.
I agree. It lays out clearly what Obama has done while the GOP was throwing a 3 year temper tantrum.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 03-17-2012 at 02:52 PM..

Old 03-17-2012, 02:47 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,637,986 times
Obama is smart. He knows proposing a documentary will bring out all the birthers and religious extremists within the party.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:54 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,536,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I agree. It lays out clearly what Obama has done and while the GOP was throwing a 3 year temper tantrum.
Oh really?

Does that include the FIRST TWO YEARS, where he passed everything he wanted, including obamacare, Dodd-Frank, the Failed Stimulus and took over the student process?

The GOP was RIGHT to oppose all of that, even though they couldn't stop the democrats (who OWN all of it) from shoving the law down the throats of the American people.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:08 PM

18,064 posts, read 10,096,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh really?

Does that include the FIRST TWO YEARS, where he passed everything he wanted, including obamacare, Dodd-Frank, the Failed Stimulus and took over the student process?

The GOP was RIGHT to oppose all of that, even though they couldn't stop the democrats (who OWN all of it) from shoving the law down the throats of the American people.
No, he didn't.

He wasted a lot of valuable time and political capital trying to compromise with the obstructionist bastards in the GOP who demanded all or nothing.

I hope he finishes everything he promised in 2008 as soon as we vote the Teabaggers out in November, starting with full and complete UHC. The republicans have become a bad joke, the dead and smelly elephant in the room. Time to remove it to a place where it can do no harm and forget it's there.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:14 PM

10,005 posts, read 9,001,546 times
Quote:
Oh really?

Yes it does. During the first two years the Republicans did everything humanly possible to slow things down. They even sent fake negotiators to try and string things along.

The GOP was absolutely wrong to oppose most of those things. Take Obamacare. Do you believe an insurance company should be able to drop someone for a pre-existing condition? In some cases it was as high as 22% of people who had insurance were being droped when they got sick for some BS even though the insurance company had no problems taking their premiums when they were healthy. I take it you full support insurance companies right to drop long time payees the moment they get sick.

Then there is Dodd Frank. The big accomplishment there was the Volker Rule which prevents commerical banks insured by FDIC from gambling with depositors money. Do you oppose this, or are you fine with your bank taking your deposits and betting them on Icelandic or Greek Bonds?

The student loan process. Obama simply cut out the middleman saving the federal government 61 billion dollars in indirect subsidies government supported private enterprises like Sally Mae. Do you want your tax dollars to subsize Sally Mae's CEO's golf excusions and private jets. I am guessing you do.

The stimulus. All I have to say about that is read it and weep.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/...11/01/jobs.gif

Last edited by Randomstudent; 03-17-2012 at 03:28 PM..

Old 03-17-2012, 03:16 PM

4,088 posts, read 3,682,467 times
Quote:

GREAT poster;

Anybody watching this vomit-inducing propaganda film, except for captive audiences?

I thought the production was kind of korny, but on the substance, it made a pretty compelling case for Obama's re-election. I was very glad to see the emphasis on Obamacare. I still think that law is an under-appreciated asset in the coming campaign.

I don't think it's intended to convince doubters, more like a pep rally to help motivate the base.

Four more years, this time, with FEWER Republican obstructionists!

Old 03-17-2012, 03:38 PM

16,709 posts, read 9,075,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Democrats are as much to blame as Republicans.

Repeal of Glass-Stegall.

No Annual Budget under Obama, despite controlling congress for 2 years with 60% margins.

Obama's last budget got zero votes for it in the Democratically controlled Senate.

Dodd-Frank.

Dot Com Bubble built up under Clinton.

Housing bubble built up under Clinton.

China got most favored nation status under Clinton.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:46 PM

663 posts, read 769,176 times
Quote:

GREAT poster;

Ya know, policies aside, the GOP & their candidates have been so G. damn disrespectful to this president that it's made me hate their guts inside out. So when a future candidate of theirs comes along (present candidates excluded) that has morals & a good political format he won't even stand a chance with me since the GOP has forever tarnished their image in my mind. Wonder how many more "me's" are out there. When you lose this election in Nov you can all kick yourselves & Limbaugh in the behind.
Good riddance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections