Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:25 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,487,227 times

Advertisements

I can't recall ever seeing this before. Yeah, I know Obama is raffling off a chance to have dinner with him and George Clooney and even he and Michelle last year. But...this is a new all-time low that I know of.

I know candidates have to pimp themselves to be elected.....

Ya can't make this stuff up:

"NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE." A prize? His wife is a PRIZE?

https://www.mittromney.com/donate/gr...FUqQ7QodDmY0FA

What makes this so tragicomic is that the Romney camp knows the Democrats are hitting on a "War on Women," yet they offer up Ann as a prize in a raffle? Other candidates have raffled off AK-47's, but your WIFE?

They couldn't make it any easier for the Obama camp to skin them alive. I'm beginning to wonder if somebody on the Romney team doesn't have a second job writing campaign copy for Obama.

If the Romney team would be this inept at running the country, no thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 08:42 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,718,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I can't recall ever seeing this before. Yeah, I know Obama is raffling off a chance to have dinner with him and George Clooney and even he and Michelle last year. But...this is a new all-time low that I know of.

I know candidates have to pimp themselves to be elected.....

Ya can't make this stuff up:

"NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE." A prize? His wife is a PRIZE?

https://www.mittromney.com/donate/gr...FUqQ7QodDmY0FA

What makes this so tragicomic is that the Romney camp knows the Democrats are hitting on a "War on Women," yet they offer up Ann as a prize in a raffle? Other candidates have raffled off AK-47's, but your WIFE?

They couldn't make it any easier for the Obama camp to skin them alive. I'm beginning to wonder if somebody on the Romney team doesn't have a second job writing campaign copy for Obama.

If the Romney team would be this inept at running the country, no thanks.
Are you kidding? This is a fund raising gimmick, the same one Obama uses.

Are the Dems already out of diversions from the economy? Is this all they have left? Yikes, this election may be over sooner than we thought!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Are you kidding? This is a fund raising gimmick, the same one Obama uses.

Are the Dems already out of diversions from the economy? Is this all they have left? Yikes, this election may be over sooner than we thought!
I know it's a fund raising gimmick, but I've never seen a candidate promise a date with his wife as a prize. Have you?

Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I know it's a fund raising gimmick, but I've never seen a candidate promise a date with his wife as a prize. Have you?

The prize is lunch with the candidates wife. I am not sure why this is giving you the vapors.

Listen guys, Ted Nugent, dogs, now this, is this enough of a distraciton from 15% under and unemployment rate, and a 50% under and unemployment rate for new grads, and the trillions added to the debt? I don't think so.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,085,168 times
I would consider it a prize to meet Ann Romney. or Mitt of course. Cool.

What bothers me is that Obama considers George Clooney a prize. How anti-man of him.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
The prize is lunch with the candidates wife. I am not sure why this is giving you the vapors.

Listen guys, Ted Nugent, dogs, now this, is this enough of a distraciton from 15% under and unemployment rate, and a 50% under and unemployment rate for new grads, and the trillions added to the debt? I don't think so.

So..Ann Romney would be equivalent to a set of steak knives? That's about all you could expect from a $5 drawing. :roll eyes:

When the Obama camp talks about a "War on Women," they certainly don't have to look far for an example, do they?

Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 AM

831 posts, read 678,579 times
She aint worth a dime, if ya ask ma libetarian azz...lol

Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,847,587 times
Default Thread fail

Obama did the same thing. Flashback: Michelle Malkin » Ante Upped on ‘Win Dinner With President Obama’ Contest

Old 04-25-2012, 10:48 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,807,597 times
From which angle does "Grab a Bite with Ann" look to you as "Have a Date with Ann" anyway? It's probably an awkward lunch - under the glare of a dozen video cameras and fully scripted. You make it sound like it's a one-night stand.

STOP focusing on these trivial things and focus on the issues. Move ON!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
So..Ann Romney would be equivalent to a set of steak knives? That's about all you could expect from a $5 drawing. :roll eyes:

When the Obama camp talks about a "War on Women," they certainly don't have to look far for an example, do they?
Lunch with Ann Romney is as much equal to winning steak knives as is having dinner with Obama.

Typical misogyny of the left. Why would anyone possibly
want to have lunch with a woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections