U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:09 AM

53 posts, read 27,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
For sure, his father George would not have. The real Romney was a dyed in the wool car guy who kept American Motors on it's feet far longer than it would have been without him.

The Repubs seem to have forgotten just how important to our economy the U.S. car industry is. One new car sold equals a lot of jobs for the next 10 years afterward.
Perhaps all those years as a "vulture capitalist" corrupted young $Will's brain a lil...

Romney: “The Money Shot” — BagNews

Old 03-21-2012, 10:07 AM

21,229 posts, read 14,240,152 times
Mitt is a complete cypher to me. He stumbles in his speech, which is so opaque it is very hard to understand exactly what he actually believes or not. He's also very wooden- he seems to be always uncomfortable somehow, whether he's in a very small group or in a big one.

It's that wishy-washy thing. He says what he thinks will put him ahead, while he's contradicting what he's said earlier. He has some real strengths, but he never sticks with the things that made him successful in the first place.

I can understand why his support is so reluctant. I have a friend in Mass who said he was wishy-washy as Governor; he would say anything that he thought would placate any opposition, then would act in a contrary manner to what he said. he drove both parties mad by the end of his term.

Mitt is obsessed with winning, I believe. At the same time, it seems he wants to win the race more than actually wanting the Presidency. The Repubs want a 'real' Republican, whatever the hell that is, and I think they are as suspicious of Mitt as I am. He just rubs people the wrong way somehow.

But like McCain, he's all they got. The others are simply worse. I have never seen so many failed politicians run in a national campaign in my life.
Every single one of the remaining Republican candidates have been kicked out of previous office with the exception of Ron Paul.

How did this miserable state of affairs come to be? Why, if Obama is perceived as being so weak as the Repubs think, don't they have a single candidate who is capable of winning the independents and swing voters?
Why, with a strong far-right presence in the House and a majority since 2010, have they failed to come up with any meaningful legislation at all in two years?

Why are so many conservatives believing our political system, the only one we have, the only one we have ever had, is so bad they want to throw it all out and start over? They offer nothing to correct it- they just want to do away with it.

Why? Just so Roe v Wade will be overturned if everything is thrown out?

Why do they have such a need for a do-over? Everyone who has any intelligence knows that isn't going to happen. We don't get do-overs in politics and never have.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,475 posts, read 13,797,913 times
Boom goes the dynamite.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 AM

3,448 posts, read 2,670,007 times
you guys are going to need to get the story straight....Obama won on color, gay junk, religion stuff and deception like every 2 sentence's.....thats not major political stuff like FP and economy, Obama won on kitchen duty stuff, day time Oprah stuff...thats a lightweight. He doesn't have a mandate or any priority standards at all, just to win at all snarky deceptive cost, thats it.

theres no pat on the back for playing, a proven 1/2 dumb about issues society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or