Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:02 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times

Advertisements

Restore Liberty The Patriots Duty

Good article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Just so ya know; you are no more free under a State Government than you are under a Federal Government, you just think (hope) you would be, heck it could be worse under a State Government. And don't even say we could move, we can do that now, that is not the answer. The government Paul wants has NEVER existed in America, even under the Founders. Pauls ideas will not work and are not acceptable the VAST MAJORTY of Americans, and it is not because they do not understand what Pauls stands for, it is because they do understand what he stands for. Thankfully Paul and his ideas are not going to become accepted in this Nation, not this year, not in ten years, not ever. Enjoy

Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 PM

753 posts, read 843,148 times
I understand both sides of this. Sure some State Governments are much worse than the Feds. I grew up in one and currently back in my hometown for a while. Alabama is truly ridiculous and I'm thankful I grew up with the Federal laws. But as my older age starts to kick in, I realize SG's are my only hope to getting out from (yes, it means I'll have to move out west) under some of the (what I consider) ridiculous laws of the Feds. And yes, most deal with personal freedom.

To be 'the land of the free', it sure doesn't feel like it. We are 'the land of the controlled and regulated'.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:45 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Just so ya know; you are no more free under a State Government than you are under a Federal Government, you just think (hope) you would be, heck it could be worse under a State Government. And don't even say we could move, we can do that now, that is not the answer. The government Paul wants has NEVER existed in America, even under the Founders. Pauls ideas will not work and are not acceptable the VAST MAJORTY of Americans, and it is not because they do not understand what Pauls stands for, it is because they do understand what he stands for. Thankfully Paul and his ideas are not going to become accepted in this Nation, not this year, not in ten years, not ever. Enjoy
In response to this simple vast majority of society likes to control people it has nothing to do with governments. State governments and federal governments are a reflection of laws involvement in all parts of peoples lives. Government is force of laws but those laws come from people. Paul's ideas stand on a princples of individual LIBERTY and we have many people who believe in control, regulate and steal. When you come to take property, taxes, and what I do with my own liberty you will be met with the barrel of many loaded guns. The Vast Majority of Americans believe in controlling other people and the other people are only interested in being left alone. The people who believe in liberty have many more guns then those who are living off the government welfare checks.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
In response to this simple vast majority of society likes to control people it has nothing to do with governments. State governments and federal governments are a reflection of laws involvement in all parts of peoples lives. Government is force of laws but those laws come from people. Paul's ideas stand on a princples of individual LIBERTY and we have many people who believe in control, regulate and steal. When you come to take property, taxes, and what I do with my own liberty you will be met with the barrel of many loaded guns. The Vast Majority of Americans believe in controlling other people and the other people are only interested in being left alone. The people who believe in liberty have many more guns then those who are living off the government welfare checks.
Just as I said, a State Government does the same exact things that a Federal Government does, all governments do. You would be no more free if the federal government were replaced by the state government than you are today, you may end up less fee. States can take your property just as the Feds can. Heck why not break into counties, states still can implement laws that are more related to another county than yours, or how about a bunch of city states, so where does it stop, laws that only apply to your property? FYI, I probably own more guns and other weapons than you do, does that mean I am less dependent on the government than you, does it mean that I believe in Liberty more than you? Do you see the flaw in your logic yet or will you ignore the issue?

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 03-23-2012 at 01:22 PM..

Old 03-24-2012, 07:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

I would be free to pick up and move to a State that held as many of the values I have.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 PM

A union of 50 nations, with an agreement of free trade between all, and tariffs to all others.
The greatest nations on earth, have been self sufficient and friends to all.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I would be free to pick up and move to a State that held as many of the values I have.
You can move to another country now. You assume there will be a State that holds your values, if not?

Old 03-24-2012, 10:25 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Good article.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
You can move to another country now. You assume there will be a State that holds your values, if not?

You assume there won't.
I could surely find a State that held as many of the values I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections