U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 01:39 PM

71,683 posts, read 83,244,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
What is extreme about a policy for example, being a non-interventionalist? I'm all for defending our country if it's attacked. I'm not for pre-emptive strikes, propping up regimes, or nation building half a world away for special interests.
You can call it non-interventional, others call it isolationism. I have said, over and over, we are in some places we need not be. Most have said that, but his idea is radical to many. Maybe not to you, which is your right but you do need to realize others don't see it the way you do. This is why he can't win..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 PM

12,193 posts, read 10,364,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You can call it non-interventional, others call it isolationism. I have said, over and over, we are in some places we need not be. Most have said that, but his idea is radical to many. Maybe not to you, which is your right but you do need to realize others don't see it the way you do. This is why he can't win..
Right, it's not that he wants to reform our foreign policy, it's that he wants to rid it altogether. The relationship with Israel is complicated (one I don't personally favor) and wrought with problems, but to say we should cut off all ties with them shows Paul is out of his depth and couldn't handle a crisis when if/when it comes our way.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:57 PM

26,609 posts, read 11,139,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Right, it's not that he wants to reform our foreign policy, it's that he wants to rid it altogether. The relationship with Israel is complicated (one I don't personally favor) and wrought with problems, but to say we should cut off all ties with them shows Paul is out of his depth and couldn't handle a crisis when if/when it comes our way.
Your making things up. I'd like to see proof of your "cut off all ties" statement. I follow Ron Paul and have never heard him say that. I have heard him say MANY times to trade with them just don't tell them how to run their own country and bribe them to do it with government handouts of Americans money. I have never understood the mentality of giving our money to foreign nations while we have so many problems here.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:02 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,042,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your making things up. I'd like to see proof of your "cut off all ties" statement. I follow Ron Paul and have never heard him say that. I have heard him say MANY times to trade with them just don't tell them how to run their own country and bribe them to do it with government handouts of Americans money. I have never understood the mentality of giving our money to foreign nations while we have so many problems here.

I guess it's too radical to worry about our own house these days.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:04 PM

71,683 posts, read 83,244,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I guess it's too radical to worry about our own house these days.
I don't believe anyone said that. If they did, who was it?

Old 03-24-2012, 05:57 PM

26,609 posts, read 11,139,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't believe anyone said that. If they did, who was it?
The ones who believe we should keep sending foreign aid to other countries instead of helping Americans say that with their actions.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:09 PM

25 posts, read 16,155 times
The Ron Pauls supporters are Ron Paul's secret service his supporters love him so much they would all take a bullet or shoot and kill a fool trying to attack Ron Paul, he doesn't need secret service. I guess the other candidates don't have that dedicated supporters which makes the Tampa surprise possible.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:50 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,504,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody824 View Post
The Ron Pauls supporters are Ron Paul's secret service his supporters love him so much they would all take a bullet or shoot and kill a fool trying to attack Ron Paul, he doesn't need secret service. I guess the other candidates don't have that dedicated supporters which makes the Tampa surprise possible.
Well said! I'm hoping to be one of those delegates in Tampa. None of the other candidates have such enthusiastic supporters, especially among young people, independents, and active duty military. But I do imagine they would make him take Secret Service protection if he were the nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or