U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 04:48 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,819,772 times

Advertisements

I went to the Mitt Romney town hall in the Baltimore area (Arbutus) today and have a few notes on the experience:

1) Mitt Romney is a genuinely nice guy. In person, he really does give off the air of a regular guy, not a mega-millionaire. The media portrayal of Romney is way off base.

2) Mitt Romney's message was well thought-out and straight to the point. Romney does not appeal to emotions in the slightest. He's a solutions guy, not someone who feels the need to pull heartstrings to get your vote.

3) The crowd consisted of every walk of life. I was surprised at the number of black people in the crowd. I was not, however, surprised by the number of women in the crowd. I also was not surprised by the number of young people in the crowd. Democrats have made the assumption that "disaffected" constituencies are in the bag. Judging from today's crowd, that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

4) I'm convinced that when (not if) Romney is side by side Obama on the debate stage, he has exactly what it takes to put forth a solid, factual, and appealing alternative to the President. The contrast between the two will be unmistakable, and I believe his message will resonate.

Romney For America signs will be in my yard from this point forward. He's not perfect, but he can and will beat Barack Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 04:58 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,542,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I went to the Mitt Romney town hall in the Baltimore area (Arbutus) today and have a few notes on the experience:

1) Mitt Romney is a genuinely nice guy. In person, he really does give off the air of a regular guy, not a mega-millionaire. The media portrayal of Romney is way off base.

2) Mitt Romney's message was well thought-out and straight to the point. Romney does not appeal to emotions in the slightest. He's a solutions guy, not someone who feels the need to pull heartstrings to get your vote.

3) The crowd consisted of every walk of life. I was surprised at the number of black people in the crowd. I was not, however, surprised by the number of women in the crowd. I also was not surprised by the number of young people in the crowd. Democrats have made the assumption that "disaffected" constituencies are in the bag. Judging from today's crowd, that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

4) I'm convinced that when (not if) Romney is side by side Obama on the debate stage, he has exactly what it takes to put forth a solid, factual, and appealing alternative to the President. The contrast between the two will be unmistakable, and I believe his message will resonate.

Romney For America signs will be in my yard from this point forward. He's not perfect, but he can and will beat Barack Obama.
I went to an event in Rockford on Sunday. Met Mitt, shook his hand, got to ask him some questions...he is very easy to talk to.

His wife is a REAL class act, too.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:23 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,299,380 times
Yeah nothing but rave reviews about that event. Unfortunately I couldn't make it - too busy working to pay for O'Malley and Obama's government (payoff) programs.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:40 PM

21,640 posts, read 11,092,933 times
I like Mitt Romney. I watch everything a candidate says and I hope he gets the nomination. Although the others have their strong points, Romney is the most balanced guy and I like the way he handles himself and I could go on and on but I won't.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,882,684 times
I bet he is a pretty good guy......outside of a major panderer, liar and flip flopper, he would probably be the best the GOP can dig up this time around.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 PM

8,009 posts, read 4,183,495 times
Seems to me that if he's your guy it's time to start pushing him to do more interviews on TV. I think his lack of screen time is a major downside for him at this point. It tends to make Americans feel like they don't really know the man at all.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:51 PM

2,931 posts, read 1,909,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I bet he is a pretty good guy......outside of a major panderer, liar and flip flopper, .......
Are you talking about Obama,...or Romney?

Everything you said has been done by Obama.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:52 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,237,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Good to hear this.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:22 PM

16,709 posts, read 9,078,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I bet he is a pretty good guy......outside of a major panderer, liar and flip flopper, he would probably be the best the GOP can dig up this time around.
Obama is not in the GOP.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:27 PM

21,640 posts, read 11,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama is not in the GOP.
Of that is right. Obama is the party of the jack***.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or